Author Topic: .2da Adjustments I'd like to see! (Like focusing in Dwarven Waraxe!)  (Read 1922 times)

Geiger

There are a few things that are mostly slight .2da adjustments I'd like to see. I'll list them here. Feel free to add more.

:arrow: Dwarven Waraxe as a racial weapon. I think you guys might have messed up a little. You've activated the ability for Dwarves to use the weapon without taking the exotic feat - however you still can't focus in it (unless this was intended). You're half-way done since you've made "Stonecunning" the feat that gives you the ability to wield. Now you just need to go into the feat.2da and mark the focus (and maybe specialization/imp crit) to accept stonecunning (feat #227) as a legit pathway to focus into the weapon. You guys probably understand what I'm talking about.

:arrow: In this same regard: Could gnomes get access to the Light Pick for free. Here's my reasoning: while I know as per dnd standards they get access to the "hook hammer" which is more or less a similar weapon, it's the closest thing we have to them. I know gnomes are low on the priority but I dunno.. might be something cool. I know as of yet we don't have the NWNx ready for focus into CEP but it'd be some nice flavor. (Maybe add it to Gnomish protection versus illusion or something)

[Another idea worth considering is scrapping these and just creating our own custom "weapon" proficiency racial feats. Then adding/removing them directly to/from the player instead of a skin via NWNx in the same way you guys will have the 'change domains' NPC soon. So we can have Drow/other subraces feats. We could also then remove the 'base race' feats like Elven Weapon Proficiency to keep them from using those weapons in addition to their base racial stuff. What do you think?]

Other Minor things:

Holy Symbol/Torch/Accessory/Shield does not have the 'wield' of torches. Could that be changed. Currently they sag at your side.
Could the flintlocks be given the weapon wield of crossbows so you'd actually hold them up?

Both of these I can give screenshots of to show you the differences if this seems confusing.

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
Re: .2da Adjustments I'd like to see! (Like focusing in Dwarven Waraxe!)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 09:45:26 PM »
There are a few things that are mostly slight .2da adjustments I'd like to see. I'll list them here. Feel free to add more.

:arrow: Dwarven Waraxe as a racial weapon. I think you guys might have messed up a little. You've activated the ability for Dwarves to use the weapon without taking the exotic feat - however you still can't focus in it (unless this was intended). You're half-way done since you've made "Stonecunning" the feat that gives you the ability to wield. Now you just need to go into the feat.2da and mark the focus (and maybe specialization/imp crit) to accept stonecunning (feat #227) as a legit pathway to focus into the weapon. You guys probably understand what I'm talking about.
I'm not sure that will actually work since the weapon focus feats are hardcoded.

[Another idea worth considering is scrapping these and just creating our own custom "weapon" proficiency racial feats. Then adding/removing them directly to/from the player instead of a skin via NWNx in the same way you guys will have the 'change domains' NPC soon. So we can have Drow/other subraces feats. We could also then remove the 'base race' feats like Elven Weapon Proficiency to keep them from using those weapons in addition to their base racial stuff. What do you think?]

You can't create custom weapon feats. There are some inefficient/unreliable workaround dummy feats that work with temporary bonuses out there, but that would take a lot more than .2da editing and is not a simple thing to implement.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Geiger

Re: .2da Adjustments I'd like to see! (Like focusing in Dwarven Waraxe!)
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 10:00:52 PM »
The first one actually works. You just gotta finish up the 'loop'. Essentially the 'focus' part didn't get added in. It's pretty simple, I'm just not a pro when it comes to explaining.

You just need to tell the feats (weapon focus dwwarxe/crit/focus) that the 'stonecunning' feat enables one to focus. It's just some moving of numbers around. I'll do it for you guys if no one up there is up to it.

Second Part: You can make new feats. they just don't work like you said. There are some work arounds/sharing of the feats with certain weapons. Those I don't really care too much about. Just as long as magic works on them I'm fine. hahah. But what I meant there was that in the same way we create 'racial weapon focuses' for Dwarves? We can do it for Drow/Whatever else gets custom weapons feats. With NWNx you can remove/add feats to characters. So basically:

Make Drow:

NPC/Dialogue backed NWNx Script for Feat Removal/Adding:

Base Elf has "elven weapons" feat removed, has "low-light vision" removed.

NWNx puts

Drow Weapon Feat + Dark Vision In.

That is the basic concept. We could also do this with racial feats/bonuses by turning them into feats instead of skins. (you can borrow the 'script hooks' from existing NWN feats as well). This also gives us the ability to script 'racial magic'. So we can make "spell feats" that scale to level with racial abilities like darkness, invisibility. Possibilities are endless and is nothing new to NWN.

----------------------------

I can make most of these. Only thing I can't do is script new spell hooks. My scripting abilities are very limited and I can't do jack diddly. But I'm pretty good with working what we already have.