Author Topic: lots of crashing  (Read 1115 times)

respawnaholic

• Dark Lord
lots of crashing
« on: March 15, 2013, 03:22:02 PM »
I just reinstalled NWN over a new dell windows 8 system and I seem to be getting a lot of crashing. its happened about 4 times in 10 minutes or so. 2 times crossing transitions. This is with direct connect using that POTM batch file thing since my multiplayer mode cant see any servers in multiplayer. Any suggestions?

ponygold

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Undead Master
  • Strafing like a wizard since 2012
Re: lots of crashing
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 05:15:25 PM »
I've been having the same problem since I got a new laptop a few months ago. I turned off grass, shiny water, and vsync and it seems to lesson the crashes a bit, but that could just be luck. I've also tried about everything I've read on the forums too, not sure the source of the crash.
Character:       Active: 
Arrun Correus       Yes   [No]  
Bejòr Rathenas     Yes   [No]
Jacho                 [Yes]   No     
Cerèbus Müldir     Yes   [No]

Login: softpillow         Discord: ponygold#2826

respawnaholic

• Dark Lord
Re: lots of crashing
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 01:20:49 PM »
I've been having the same problem since I got a new laptop a few months ago. I turned off grass, shiny water, and vsync and it seems to lesson the crashes a bit, but that could just be luck. I've also tried about everything I've read on the forums too, not sure the source of the crash.

Yeah, thanks. I turned down some of the settings and that seems to have made it better. I'm wondering if NWN can benefit from Large Address Aware soft wares and the like also.