Author Topic: Dancing Bones - Feat  (Read 1280 times)

granny

• Outlander
  • If yeh're good to Mamere, Mamere is good to yeh!
Dancing Bones - Feat
« on: March 11, 2013, 09:33:18 AM »
For some time I have been wishing this, so I decided to make it into a sugestion.

With some modifications, It'd be amazing if we got this feat available to people from Souragnien Background

Dancing bones
You are able to cast spells simply by dancing
or singing them.
Prerequisites: Born in Souragne, able to
cast spells, 5 ranks in Perform (Dancing or
singing), Charisma score of at least 13.
Benefit: Through dancing or singing (or
both), you are able to cast spells. You do not
need to make the normal somatic gestures to
cast them. Material components must be in
hand (and they can are used or consumed as
per the spell description). The singing and
dancing is a full round action (or longer, is
the spell takes longer to cast).
Since you are in movement, you are
considered to be in defensive mode when
dancing. If the spell is cast by singing, the
caster appears to sing a strange song in a
foreign language. To spot that a spell is
being cast, other casters must make a Sense
Motive check DC 16 (+ Cha modifier of the
caster). In addition, Spellcrafts checks to
identify the spell are made with -4 penalty
due to the unfamiliar movements.
"We all are (monsters), pretty dancer. Deep down inside all of us, there's a monster. Some spend their lives trying to fight it. They fail. Some coexist unhappily with their beast. They are miserable (...) you and I celebrate it" Anton Misroi

Silverfox

• Undead Master
  • Goggles
Re: Dancing Bones - Feat
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 02:02:17 PM »
Would this not technically remove Arcane Spell Failure, as somatic gestures are the parts which suffer from it? (Hence Still Spell feats)

If so, might see a sudden swarm of Warmages from Souragne dancing about in Platemail armour.
A most troublesome Fox.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 04:57:55 PM »
This feat is unlikely to add much to the server beyond a specific character type.
In my experience that would make it very unlikely to be implemented due to the low reward/effort. Take still spell and rp dancing :)

granny

• Outlander
  • If yeh're good to Mamere, Mamere is good to yeh!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 10:14:42 PM »
Would this not technically remove Arcane Spell Failure, as somatic gestures are the parts which suffer from it? (Hence Still Spell feats)

If so, might see a sudden swarm of Warmages from Souragne dancing about in Platemail armour.

:roll: dance is a kind of somatic gesture (somatic is related to body)
try to dance in fullplate and we will talk again  :mrgreen:

now... about the sexy dancing warmages... I can only imagine it if you were an souragnien ezrite using divine spells (quite the crazy concept, to be honest).  :lol:

if we go for a deeper concept... voodans (the ones that would mostly get this feat other than bards, druids and some sorcerers) cannot use heavy armor (even if you go for cleric to emulate the class)

This feat is unlikely to add much to the server beyond a specific character type.

the possibilities are not that narrowed, but I acknowledge your point here. I was aware of it, even so the desire was really big to stop me from posting this.  :mrgreen:

In my experience that would make it very unlikely to be implemented due to the low reward/effort. Take still spell and rp dancing

I don't get the relation of still spell with it. you don't make NORMAL somatic gestures. but you still do them, even if they look weird while weaving your charms or are casting through exotic songs.

Edit: although... even without this feat, I will be seen RPing it around (I just love the concept to let it go).
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 10:16:41 PM by giuvic »
"We all are (monsters), pretty dancer. Deep down inside all of us, there's a monster. Some spend their lives trying to fight it. They fail. Some coexist unhappily with their beast. They are miserable (...) you and I celebrate it" Anton Misroi