You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Elven, Arise!  (Read 4667 times)

ThePwush

• Sigilian Outlander
  • Dark Power
  • The mad Red Mink, eh, I mean, Monk ;)
Re: Elven, Arise!
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2013, 04:56:19 PM »
//was fun to see all the elves/ druids/ rangers there. hope we can do such on a more regular basis.

//I see about another Degannyw party ;)
The "Anti-Monk". Crazy is your friend.

Rhetra'Bushion aka Rhetra, Sunshine, Petal, Spazz, "Damn, she's fast," and Her Giddiness.

-Semi-Retired-

Blight

• Dark Lord
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2013, 07:28:55 PM »
[Scribed below the other comments in a simple, flowing elven script]

You are as the howling of wind, Lufier Belkast.  The others speak true, you are not one to lead.

You speak of trials and tribulations you have endured.  I was born of the world Soth came from, as were many here.  We have all weathered storms the likes of which you, know nothing of.  You could not even imagine the desolation and destruction of the Catacylsm of Krynn, or the Dragonwars.  So save your pretentious claims of expertise and glory.  Your wisdom is the weight which must be measured here, and it seems sorely lacking.

Hadrian Amakiir

(Written lazily on his note, obviously in elven. The writing seems half-hearted and -almost- resigned.)

More words from a elf who can not even present himself to council when all others do, or lay accusations in my presence. Those that did come know that my words are not folly and now the great threat that presents itself. You do not. You are one who cannot even adhere to the very basic traditions of the elven by showing respect to your elders or presenting yourself to council. You lack the basic wisdommto do anything but write childish, inflammatory insults in public places claiming I am unlearned of the world and the way of things in all of my eight centuries. I have born you no insult, yet you attack my character with clear purpose and determination when you barely know me. Are you truly so blinded by arrogance that you would call me out for "not knowing" what the elves of Krynn have endured, that I know nothing of loss, when you know nothing of my life or the loss I too have suffered?  Hadrian, hypocracy fills your pen and heart and nothing more.

I am far from a perfect example of leadership and never have I claimed otherwise. My deeds in life are not in question. I -have- assumed a mantle of leadership on many matters when Lorelai remained impartial. I -have- crossed blades with Soth, and I -have- led bands of elven to great victory. I will act in the best interest of Degannwy and protect it a best as I am able for as long as I draw breathe. Can i be certain that my actions will be the right ones? No, but I am forced to make choices whether I am certain of them or not.To say that i am unfit to lead is as though to tell Legos he isn't a blacksmith after he finishes cooling a blade simply because you don't approve of the curve. My decisions will judge themselves in the coming days. Perhaps show respect by attending the next council and hear why the circumstances call for the choices I have made and you will have earned the right to bear an opinion on them. Until then your words bear no merit. I do hope your next words on this matter are ones of humility, since these back and forth notices are simply growing tiresome. If you have something to say to me, do come upstairs. I am in my study room.

I will leave these up for one week, and then tear them all down. Henceforth expect no written response. I am simply too old to bother.

Your faithful servant,

Lufier Belkast.
Just another lesson from the School of Hard Knocks... PHD!

Ellana Twiggy

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2013, 09:36:46 AM »
*In an elegant elven script the following note has been added below belkast's latest*

Hear this one talk of presenting to councils and arranging meetings when he himself does not even show. He talks of being eight centuries old, thus he must be going senile as none of our kind live so long with out being right on death's door. Lest, he has some secret we are all unaware of that makes his life extended and longer. I know of dark elves who have achieved such, they are called necromancers and no other is given such a long life span lest they sacrifice all their morality to dark arts. Either you are lying about your age and experience or you are toying with things most foul indeed Belkast the would be war leader.
I do not question your deeds, nor your character. No, I question your reason and ability to reason at such an ages if you truly are so old. A story was handed down to me from my father, who had been trapped here before and died here according to rumors. A group of elves once did rise up and led a very assault against the count which you are so desperate to say is going to wipe out our very existence with no forth right proof. This group was slain to the very last save for one who followed the will of nature, and she was left rendered mad and rambling. Were I the ruler of a land and such a group led an assault against me of the same ramblings you have presented forth then I would certainly show as little mercy as my father recanted in his journal for the previous mentioned group. I urge caution, for you are teetering on the edge of not only war, but what would be considered treason to a ruler who has thus far left us in peace so long as we do the same to him. You seek to aggravate the serpent with out knowing if it is a simple garden snake or a dragon with no regard to those you call forth in arms to serve your calling.
This is all I have to say on the matter, expect to see me some time when you are actually in Deganway for once. I will be looking to speak with you to ascertain your true intentions and character.
~S

Blight

• Dark Lord
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2013, 06:24:48 PM »
*In an elegant elven script the following note has been added below belkast's latest*

Hear this one talk of presenting to councils and arranging meetings when he himself does not even show. He talks of being eight centuries old, thus he must be going senile as none of our kind live so long with out being right on death's door. Lest, he has some secret we are all unaware of that makes his life extended and longer. I know of dark elves who have achieved such, they are called necromancers and no other is given such a long life span lest they sacrifice all their morality to dark arts. Either you are lying about your age and experience or you are toying with things most foul indeed Belkast the would be war leader.
I do not question your deeds, nor your character. No, I question your reason and ability to reason at such an ages if you truly are so old. A story was handed down to me from my father, who had been trapped here before and died here according to rumors. A group of elves once did rise up and led a very assault against the count which you are so desperate to say is going to wipe out our very existence with no forth right proof. This group was slain to the very last save for one who followed the will of nature, and she was left rendered mad and rambling. Were I the ruler of a land and such a group led an assault against me of the same ramblings you have presented forth then I would certainly show as little mercy as my father recanted in his journal for the previous mentioned group. I urge caution, for you are teetering on the edge of not only war, but what would be considered treason to a ruler who has thus far left us in peace so long as we do the same to him. You seek to aggravate the serpent with out knowing if it is a simple garden snake or a dragon with no regard to those you call forth in arms to serve your calling.
This is all I have to say on the matter, expect to see me some time when you are actually in Deganway for once. I will be looking to speak with you to ascertain your true intentions and character.
~S

((So you're aware, the meeting was held sunday and Belkast was present along with quite a few others.  It was unfortunately delayed due to a lack of communication, but happened later. I would recommend you read the link below, as you seem to have some incorrect information on elven life cycles and maturity. Elves do on ocassion live up to the age of 900, it is not -that uncommon- amd do not suffer mental or physical infirmities wen they grow old. Hope this helps.))

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Elf

Ellana Twiggy

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2013, 09:34:59 AM »
((being over two hours late was more than enough in char reason for the letter to be posted, for ig that's over a day. And not all elves are from forgotten realms setting.  Granted the max life span for a high elf from fr is 900 years, one should take into consideration the variation of others elven races of which some only have a max life span of 600 years, the longest living elves would be those from krynn which can possibly live up to 1200 years. The chances of an elf actually living that long are however highly unlikely unless you sat around in a tree hovel and did absolutely nothing through out your chars life save for handing out advice or playing music and totally avoiding battle all together. Thus, the ic post stands. One would think a 800 year old elf would know about all the varieties and different races of his kind by that age and the fact that not all of them are "pristine" and perfect through out their whole life and that some are subject to infirmities in old age.))

monsinyana

• Dark Power
  • Dead Post Necromancer
    • Battlelords of the Twenty-Third Century®
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2013, 07:43:19 PM »
// my own two coppers:

i think Belkast should at least have grey hair and the 'old man phenotype' applied :D

Loremaster Clydessa G.F. Swift, Toril - Deceased
Sister Anne - Hallowed Witch of Hala, Mordentshire
Frothy! - Devout drunk of Wenta the Alewife, Oerth

Blight

• Dark Lord
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2013, 09:20:34 PM »
((don't think it's necessary lol. I think the "elderly" phenotype animation was poorly designed for PC walking speed, not to mention the fact that elves don't suffer physical infirmities with age. His hair isn't naturally black, either. It's silver. He dyes it because the Garda mistook him for drow. Anyways, since this is an IC forum we should stick to IC. Thanks. ))

Juice

• Totally banged the
  • Dark Lord
  • Lawful Good Does Not Mean Lawful Nice.
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2013, 12:38:58 AM »
[Scribed below the other comments in a simple, flowing elven script]

The elf speaks of battle, he speaks of warfare against our oppressors. Yet i have not seen actions made to justify his grand words.
Even the humans have a saying, The dog with the biggest bark does not have the biggest bite.
Let him shout his message strong and send him to the front line when it all comes crashing around him.
Leave the politics to the true leaders of Degannyw.

Hond Mor
Simple Pugilist

Solomon Burke - Knight of the Dawn
Vasile Mikovich - Tigan Straight Outa Vallaki
Straven Crowe -  Hes somewhere around here.....