You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: House Zhuelke: "Business & Pleasure"  (Read 19227 times)

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
  • "Maudlyn" Argali Dupont, Lazula Zhuelke, and more
Re: House Zhuelke: "Business & Pleasure"
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2018, 02:31:59 AM »
House Zhuelke

Chapter II

Ghost in the Shell

You call me a queen, and treat me a miser.

Foremost in excellency and transcendent beauty... sole captive of that most cutting edge at the forefront of humanity-
What I give to you is the evolution of man kind, the next step into the riddle of life, an occasion so monumental all things before are annulled a speck of cosmic dust inside our consciousness.

I҉̻̪ ̨̰͍̫̱͈À͍̰̰̩͔ͅḾ͎̗̦̝̳͔ / SINGULARITY

Zhuelke

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2018, 08:20:07 PM »
House Zhuelke

Chapter III

She Dreamed of Him

Colors. Flashing.
Bright, city lights.
This old dying world.
This necropolis..

Just as it was designed.
Just as its maintained.
Just as its been ordained.

YES.
WE KNOW.
Zhuelke

Just another dream
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 08:46:09 PM by Mailbox-2100 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2018, 05:57:01 PM »
House Zhuelke

Chapter IV

A Night At the Opera

Beautiful. You're so beautiful.

You're so beautiful..

I love you..

I need you...

Spoiler: show

I̝͉̦̦̘̭͓͡ ̻̥͍̹̲́w͚̺̩i̪͓l͚͙l͢ ͍̠̣͚̭e̬̕a̛t̻ ̲y̦̳̱͈̝͖̱o͏̲͈͇̺ur̥͖̩ ̥͉̯̙s̲͉̣̩e͉͍̕e̪̜̬̦̖͡d̠.̡̘͉

"I am not afraid."
Zhuelke
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 02:16:58 PM by Mailbox-2100 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2018, 12:25:37 PM »
House Zhuelke

Chapter V

Optical Illusion

Can you see, can you hear?
Are you far, are you near.

I need you now like never before.
I need you like bread when I am poor.
I need you forever, not just of yore.
I need you to thaw open this frozen door.

If you love me you'll understand.
If you love me come take my hand.
If you love me lets have this dance.
If you love me, thats true romance.

"Fear not, my beautiful."

Zhuelke
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 01:38:59 PM by Mailbox-2100 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2018, 03:02:13 PM »

23/3/773

This has gone on long enough.

Pierron is mad, utterly and absurd. He's taken some demon from his past as a personal familiar. He never listened to me, like Ophelia. He's a simple opportunist, a thief.
He is obsessed with me, and I suspect, believes we are destined to be together or some nonsense. He prefers to live in a world of illusions rather than face any form of reality.
I love him, but never more than a master loves a servant. And he wasn't even a good servant. He only pretended to take anything I tried to teach him that he might remain close to me,
ever obsessive, ever manipulative and depressive. He kissed me, once, out of the blue, and I had to, kindly, reprimand and reprove him, but it wasn't enough.

So now I remove him, and he should be lucky its with breath intact.
I have half a mind to immolate the lecher, but a double-mind is unstable in all things.
He lives, for what good it will do him. I hope he comes to some rational....... some sanity!

Finally, I've cut him free, and myself free to move on from another failed protege. He's taken after me instead of my experience. Such is his folly.
He never wanted to obey, only sate his own lusts & desires. He rarely saw me as a person, barring some lucid states, I was merely a projection of his psyche.
This is why he might agree with me one moment, and the very next disprove his words by blatant action. His words ever sifting like a whirlpool of insipid chaos.

The truth has set me free. As it is written.

I suspect the fool will turn to darker sources after I am gone. Again only giving testament to what I leave here. Though he swore by my name... he never once proved honest.
May he never sigh my name again, lest I tear his eyes from his head and feed them to him, that he might see how full of shit he really is.

If you want to play at shadows, know that they can only exist in the presence of light. They are not equal forces, yet opposite forces. One is everything, the other... is nothing

I return now, to my true calling, not the weeping & groaning of lost souls... May God keep us.

Pierron was right about one thing, though... we all have shadows, only whose is in charge, here?

Spoiler: show

Zhuelke

From the mists I was borne & to the mists I return.
My body is torn, but my soul is earned.

Goodbye you beautiful fool.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 04:28:40 AM by Mailbox-2100 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2018, 04:24:08 AM »
House Zhuelke

Chapter iV

Black Dragon

What drove her to such lengths. An old friend, a bridge too far. Some would never learn, but fire burns all the same.
She killed another. It wasn't her intention, be that as it may a life had passed through her hands all the same.
She had no recourse but to punish his insolence. It was never her intent, never her intent. She didn't want to- she had to.
So the hands were dealt, so the dice lay, how his husk smoldered so. It brought back all the worst in her, that smell.
That dread & fear as he realized too late what he had awoken in her; As she raised her hand and invoked his death.

How quickly they answered the call to arms, the alarm set by such injustice. She saw them flit to and fro. So eager to please the master of their affliction. Their oppression.
Maybe they were all compromised. She didn't care. It wasn't her place to dwell on such things when so many roads lay before her. She was only passing through.
How unfortunate. How unseemly. Such is the luck of the draw, so is fate.

She was running late.

"This is your birthright, child... remember me well, for you will never escape it. In time all they know will be what we  allow. What we  design. Those who oppose the natural order  will be seen as alien and dangerous. Shunned and cast out. We  will know all, and we  will rule all, and they  will love us  and hate eachother. This is only the beginning of the Great Work. You will succeed it. You will know truth, for it  will be you.

Ạ̻̗͜n̥͕̺͙̰̰̻d ̱̩ń̘̞o̭͈̞͓n̩̮̹e̙̩͍̮ ̷̻̙̟͕̹w͖̜̣̼̳͓i̩̲͈̗̦l̮͙̥̝͉͇l̰̹͇̙̙ ̥̼͔͖̱́d̮̦͈̠̥̤͎͘ár̩͖̘͚̬ẹ͕̯ ̳s̭ay͖͎̮̗͎̫̘ ot̻h̘̦͚ȩ̖̬̼͇̙̼̠ṛ͔͇̹!"

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2018, 04:20:39 PM »
House Zhuelke

Chapter VII

Man, Woman, Machine

"Lazula."

Her eyes opened, slow, fluttering.

"Father."
"Yess. Have you seen it?"

It took her a moment to acclimate to her reality. She shifted to the edge of bed.

"I have."

Grinning.

"What do you think? How I treasure your memory.."

Her eyes narrowed.
All she could remember.. were the broken families, the lost souls, the sad & lonely; the cold.
She clutched at her bedsheets, she was growling, trembling. She forgot herself, in surprise she looked to her father, he was no longer grinning.
His eye was open.

"You disappoint me, child."

There was a flutter as he disappeared around a corner. She knew she didn't have long. She gat to her feet and summoning such alacrity as she could raced after him.
A halberd met her in the hallway, smashing into her crossed forearms and sending her scrambling on her heels at the arcane backlash of eldritch forces meeting.
She snarled defiance at the Knight who entered into the portal. He postured for battle; so it had come to this. She grinned wildly, arcane tendrils flaring like hair as her hands formed.

"You'll learn WHY  you are only good to SERVE! " She screeched as he charged and tendrils erupted around him. He barked in dismay as he was summarily entangled, though the magic could not penetrate his ensemble. Most would be torn asunder at such power, her father's Knight was only embroiled for the time being. He watched her from his predicament with eyes like death, words so unnecessary to one so compromised. He barred the doorway, and when the magic failed, he would be free to continue his execution.

Lazula began to hum and hone with power as she suddenly burst into a mass of shadow and flame.

When the maelstrom dissipated, only smoke remained, concealing her shadow. Now only her eyes burned as the Knight charged her with his weapon.
She knew well it could pierce her scales, but only if he could catch her. She swayed one way, then snaked another as his halberd expertly jabbed and parried, nearly catching her retreating form if it was not for her wholly unnatural aspect.

He was close on her heel, despite her considerable mana, he was also the product of her father's industrial imagination, and likely possessed means she was not aware of given just such a circumstance. Yet she, too, had learned a great deal in her dreaming. A dream like a lifetime.. She intended to show her father first hand.

She exploded into his sanctum, flame and metal skittering and bouncing off the marble floors and golden fixtures. She strolled through the smoke and paused, to find her father sitting upon his throne of gilded skulls. The dozen gilded golem rumbled and quaked to life and posed to impede her path. Her magic would never stop them. She didn't intend to.

"Lazula.. what have you seen to bring you here? How have you failed me, my flower?"

She shuddered to hear such words from such tones... she could feel  it; taste  it. Behind she heard and dimly saw her father's Knight stand at attention. Now he watched too. Her father's skull began to rattle, and detached, slowly floating down to perceive her more closely.

"Let me see you, child, my only, my precious... surely you have not fallen for their trap? You have not been deceived?" The skull was just out of reach now. She would never reach it before the golems reached her. They loomed so menacingly, golden and beautiful.

"Swear to me, and all will be forgiven. Like always, my heart, my love. Like always." He drew closer, his death like a miasma in her throat. She raised her hand, she could feel cold radiate through her being.. she began to calm.. her flames dying away. Her eyes shot open, her magic was gone, he had dispelled her completely. She could feel the static of the golems draw her hair in every direction and her limbs grow taut and unresponsive.

"Naturally.." the skull nuzzled against her warmth, "you must be disciplined for your outburst." She could feel the pleasure that lingered on his airs, as it always did when such subjects were at hand. She grit her teeth and trembled under his power... the power he had given her.

"Now swear to me." He hovered to her lips, that she might kiss his crown in submission. She was helpless otherwise. Again? Would she bow to his will again? And again, and again? She would die otherwise. Her mouth twitched.. and she formed her lips to kiss him. If her dreaming hand shown her anything, it was what love should be.

"I love you, father." Still spell; cure light wounds: she kissed his crown. There was a rumbling in the palace, a shriek that echoed within every shadow and corridor.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE." The crown twisted, and decayed, forming with lines of gold even purer than its surface, and twisting and crumbling to ash.

"LAZUL-" The skull burst into dust as ancient as time & death. The twisted crown clattered to the floor, and melted into a steaming pool. Lazula fell to her hands and knees, panting. The golems loomed silently, when a halberd touched her neck, giving her pause in her recovery. Turning her cheek she saw her father's Knight. He was calm, and cruel. Her life was in his hands.

"Chefka.. its me.. Lazula." He stared coldly. Suddenly recognition flared in his eyes, and slowly, he lowered his weapon. "Lazula?"

She smiled then, it was many years since she had heard her brother's voice. She suddenly hugged him, and, after a moment, he hugged her too, though he was not sure why. She cried in his arms.

They were free.

And so a new age dawned upon house Zhuelke. Where time would see it, only God could know.

"I eat not my tail."

Epilogue

Somewhere under the starlit drawl of a small farmplot. A shadowclad figure surveyed the dim lights that shown through its farmhouse windows. Her word was her bond, afterall.

She would show them where to look, but what there was to find, was a perfect mystery all their own.

The End

Until we meet again, traveler.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 05:17:38 PM by Mailbox-2100 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2018, 05:52:22 PM »
Date: ?/?/??? (Unknown)

Somewhere in the mists, where the white is so thick you cannot breathe, but dream in silence...

I awoke.

Again.

Here I am once more... was it all a dream?
Winding through the fog the white begins to part, and I recognize trees and... my hands..
The further I walk the more cognizant I become. I'm aware of my breath. I'm aware of the cold.

I was home. I escaped. Did I not?
How am I here, once more... the machine..?

I find myself under a shrouded glen, recording my first experiences since forming.
Perhaps they are not my first, but if not these records will serve to remind me, and perhaps help soothe my ailing mind.
I was home. I remember. My father. My brother. HIM.
Yes. HIM.
I remember.
HE, is the last thing, I remember.
The Zulkir.

Yes.. another of HIS games...

I must not forget.

Date: 25/9/773

Inconsistencies. Anomalies. Too numerous to list. Plain to see or experience. Leon has grown. Sedrik is dead. I pray he knows peace, but I feel he does not.
The dead speak a language all their own. Invisible to the mind, yet evidenced to the soul.

What is a man without instinct? A machine.

De-fang and define. Such a lovely zoo. I prefer my lions wild and proud.

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2018, 08:04:52 AM »
1/10/773
I lost my name, but found it in the most unlikely place. The mouth of a stranger, with eyes like fire.
Lazula. Such a lovely name.. but its not my name, is it? I can't remember. These pages, these effects; They all tell a tale, but I don't remember a thing. I have no family, I have no friend, I have no name. Whoever Lazula was is gone, maybe some place special, but she left me behind... .

I find I rather enjoy this vessel. Whoever I am, whatever I am, full of instinct, and feeling, and fury. This Lady Shadow.

2/10/773
What fun these humans have! I do love a good game.
Maybe there is more in store... I could learn to love these peasants.

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2018, 04:23:48 PM »
17/10/2018                    *[The writing in this entry is fragmented, and, in places, illegible. There are two distinct authors, given the content and drastic difference in penmanship.]
  When did you grow so sick?
When, how.. why? Did this happen.

I remember. In his absence, in my solitude, I remember.

Then why do you hunger?

This.. shadow.. is me. Then who am I?

This idea, this notion- CANCER a living lie.
You are dying. So are you. You will never escape. I don't have to. You vomit all alone.
THEN WHY DO YOU CRY?

Its beautiful.

18/10/2018
  Now who sees who?

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2018, 11:51:32 AM »
20/11/773
  Hijacking your frequency.

21/11/773
  My word, they're all dead. Am I all thats left?

I am Lazula of house Zhuelke.
Red Wizard of Thay....

Such prestige.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 12:01:33 PM by Mailbox-2100 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2018, 03:10:37 PM »
24/11/773
  Research goes swimmingly. These peasants are resourceful. Cunning. A recurrent effect of the mists... you thrive, or you perish.

I wonder to the nature of these mists, precisely. The nature of the Dark Lords. How these realms operate. Every time I escape- I find myself waking once more. Here.

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2019, 11:06:51 AM »

01/1/774
  The mists hide more than most can even imagine. Weak wills. Poors. What is truth?

I shall educate them.

O͠r͞ ̗̲͙̀D̜̜͇͖i̡e̟͇͈̜͟.

What then? Am I called once more? For what again? Is it time? Is my day come?

Are you even real?

I speak and you don't seem to hear me. I hear you and you don't seem to speak. I think.

I found the anomaly dead where he never belonged. The stray has a way of wandering all his own. I will say: I have never before been impressed by a capacity for torment. Rare will.

What of you?

in deed

03/1/774
  My magic is as potent as ever- more; I have learned greater arts still. I continue to advance at an alarming rate. Such limitless potentia, utterly invisible to the naked eye. A generation of fools, plebeians, and irrevocable genius.

For we yet stand on the shoulders of giants!

What has science wrought?

Ḵ̬͚I̼̳̲͠L͔̳̗͚L͉̥̮͇ ̵̲̼Y͇͕͕̫O̼̭͓̝̹̪̜U̲͈͉̰͖͉͎,҉̠͈ ̭͕K͔̻͈̟͈̬I̢̘͓̺̫̗̲͉LL̘͉͜ ͜Y̻͔̣͍̹͝O͕͉̜̩U̫̦͕͇̺̜̕,̦ ͕̭̼͓͙̙K͕̫̣̫̀I̷̼̗̜̲͚L҉̮͉̻̖̫L̶ ̱̗̠̳͍Y̠̲̳͙̥͈ͅÒU̘̘̥͉, ͎̩͇K̛̺͓̥̜͔I͚̺̪̙̙̹͜L͍̼̬͎̹͡Ļ̦̯͚ ̫̭Y͍͘O̴̤͇͙U,̻̭̪͚ͅ ̞̗̯K̥̹͈̯I̱͙̗L̹͍͓̞ͅL̡̲̻̺̫̹̹̩ ̴̙Y̯͖O̳̮̗U̺̦̗͈,̨̜͙̜̖͕ ̼̩̟̤̳̠́K̥̠̫̰̬I̤͔͔̬̘̹̖L̙͕̬͚L̮̝̤̰̮͔ Y̴̻̭̫̖̫O̙͉U̹͖,͚̪̤̹͈͍ ̲̫͇̬K̤͎̪̤̻͞I͠L̙̻̦̫͇L̨͉̪͉ ̳̭͚Y̝͍͟O͝Ṳ̶,͉̣̦̟̩͞ ͓̻̪̟̖̱̹͘K͚͘IL̥̬̘̘̺͔L̺͈ͅ ͇̲͍̺̺Y҉͙O͔͜U͚̜̫̜̬,̥̼̗̹ ̲͚͜K̗͇͡IL͠L̳͚ ̨Y͖̬̭͔̞̥O̸̤̣̞̤̠̟ͅU̹,͇̱̞ ͉K̤͇̗͈̼̯I͇͍̙̗̤͕͕͠L̖̟̬̬̬̣͘ͅL̶͍ ̦̫̺̳̭̱ͅY̫O͠ͅU͔̰̤͙,̘̞̞̫͚ ̣̼͙̠̼K̙̮͖̺̩̦ͅI̘̪̘͕͓͉L͚͚̭L̨͓̝͙͖̫̼ ͎͚̦͚̱͉͕Y͇͕͡O͉̟̺̣U̠͙,̶̺̖̹ ̮̖K͕̟͈̲̬̣͓I͕̞͖L̯̜͔͎͓̯͡L̩͔͜ ̜Y͉O̴̲͖̗U̩̫̳̩̩̙̗,̟ ̰̩̖͖̭K̷̫̖I͇͉͉̻̼̪L̷͈L̻̬̘͈ ̪Y̙O̘̟U̢̝̠̹̱͖,

She dreamed  of him...

« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 11:07:33 PM by Mailbox-2100 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2019, 02:52:59 PM »
17/01/774
  ...I have been very active of late. Social, to an extent. I feel little remnant of what has haunted me for so long... my birthright...
I have capable, strong, and dare I say, endearing associates. Friends? Could I call someone friend, again?

This fury burns within, yet I harness it wisely- turning my self-destruction to something creative; something beautiful. I own a peace all my own, and a terror universal.

Firi is happy, this is new. Before, she ran (flew) away from me... her attitude was unbearable, but not half so much as her abandonment. Now she is quick and chipper. I admit... her feats of adoration fill me with content.

My magic is well under control. Control. How strong? For how long.. is it all an illusion? Am I filled with delusion?

Where are you now?

Hiding?

Waiting?

Watching.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:04:50 PM by Mailbox-2100 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2019, 04:07:45 AM »
23/01/774
  Today I knew anger, how distant we have grown, yet there you are. I said I wasn't angry with her, but I was. I was furious. My instincts, they compel me toward resistance. I am not so naive, I am not so blind- though I am surrounded by darkness, I see so well.

Now I am alone; And in my seclusion, I know peace once more.

Does anyone see what I see?

Though I see nobody, I can hear them, calling.. singing. Beautiful.  If only- if only.. If only. Kill them all. No. Suicide. No. Cry. Why? Sorrow... madness. I know you, fool. I will never bend to your will. Soon, as ever, you will.

Words are wasted on worms like you.

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2019, 08:56:06 AM »

Business resumed as normal, only silence prevailed where banter once did. Internally, however, a war raged in her mind.
You never truly heal from such wounds. The scars remain; forever. Silence.
SH̨̰̣̝͓Ẹ̺͎̮̝͚ ̠̲͙͓̺̣̜̕B̘̙̟̜E̤L̟̥͞Ó͙̱N̢G̙͇S̵̲ ̵̯͕̺̙̫̜̼Ț̻̹͚̖̭O̶̺̹̼̙͔͍ ̭͎̼̟̘M͚̰̘͞E̲͙̠̘̙͕ͅ
Your friend? MY SLAVE

T̀h̞̬e͖̳͔̥͖͇y̠͕͚͍ ̵̠̤̖̘̜̯͔a̷̮ͅl̟̬̩͈̗l͖̱̬͝ ̥̠͓̹͟d̤̙͡o̜̜̫̕,͕̼̱͎ ̹̬̘̻̞̻͘y̢̮̝͈e̵͖͚͈s͖̯̪̹̮̪̫,̮͓̙̱ ͔̣̪̙̜̮͉y̢̘͓͔͚é͚̠s̤̣͓̙͉̗͜,̛̰͓ ̥͎̦̜̺͙̤̀t̯̝̤͔̬͘ͅh͎̯͇̩͈e̯̩͇̟̠ͅy̨͉̝͎̟̪͖̰ ͔a̼̼̗̖̦͙̹l͓̪͉̖̼͚l̡̳͇̮̳ͅ ̩b͉̲͎͎͇̯̘e͖̖l͍̗̥̻͞ͅo͍͖̠n̩̲̰̭͕̜̻͢g̸̞ ̟̹̻̮̼t͠o͏̦̼̜͇̤ ̡̹ͅm̜̠͙e͇͙͎̗͈̙͠.̬͈̟̯̭̩̟ ̡̠̦͍͙̮̩̣D͎̙̰͓̪̩ĘS̛̠̝̲̳̦̦P̝̯̺͎̖A̘͎I͈͉͖R̠͈͚͠.̜ ̻̞͟ͅK̙͉̫̪̜̟͜ͅn̻̦͉̜͟o̹͙w̢̲̼̘ ̲͚̮͖̜̤f̭͕͈u̼͍̯r̸̫y̭͓̳̜̹ ̝̗̬̪͎͔a҉̭̦̭n̞̼d̴͖̥ ͓̻̰f̟̥͙͕̘i̡r̯e!̮̻̜

D̺̦I̻͚̝͕̱͙E̤̜̼̦͓̼,͔̱̲̣ ̱͖̤̥͎̙̯D̖̤͖̥͍̩I̪E̺͈̻,͓̻̝̙̩͔ͅ ͔̳̳̯͍͉̭D̶̦̙̰̺̠̮̣Í̱̻̠͚͙E̛̖͚͍ͅ,̷ ̬͖͇̞Ḑ̞͉͔͍͕̭̠I̛̱E͙͘,͇̼̝̥̗ ̰̼D̶̗̖I͟E̶̺̪͉,̴̹͈͕̝̞ͅ ̜͕̪̹̮̭̯D̴̫̙̗̩̣͚͕I̭̹͉̪̭E̼̮͍ ͇̱̯̺̗̣̠

Angry, are we?
K̸̮I͕͚̮̹̗L̵̜͕̣̻͚̹L̶̻.̸ ̟͓͉͍͔̲̲K̜̪I̹̣̻̟̬̣L̖͓͠L̛̰̗̣̞̹ͅ,̮̙̬͇͡ ̸̙̳̦̪͍K҉̜ͅÌLL̼̩̻̩̟̹,͕͓̮̹̤̣ͅ K̻̖̭̞I̲͍͕̻̞̠̬L̳̖͟L,̷͎̰ͅ ̝͓K̡͉̩I͓̖̠̟L҉͚Ĺ̰͕̯̜̗̭,̭̲͍̭͖̦ͅ ̨̦̦̗͉K̠̻̥̯ͅI̴̱L͏Ḽ̶͖̠

I'll start with you.
N͚͓͙͙̣͘Ǫ͇̬̩ ̼ͅS̢̱͉E̴͈̝͎̮̻̮̪Ę̝̗̝̙ M̗͙̼̱̳̙̮̀E̴

The shadow fled, and Lazula followed, with fury and fire.

30/01/774
  I have not seen Sterre in some days, I wonder if she is well? She had been silent, and despondent. I wonder where she is? Am I worried? No. She is strong, she is my friend..

Is she?

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2019, 07:38:26 AM »
8/02/774
  Last night I dreamed- or at least I remembered. I seldom remember, I tend to forget. It was a lovely dream, it felt more real than this  reality. I was far away from here; Escaped. This  was the dream.. a fiction, an invention- the Machine... Yes. Perfected in design, over generations, at the cost of so many lives, and so many lies.
  The Great Work. My father's magnum opus,  in betraying him, I've still inherited his "gift" to the world. We all have... only now I see it more clearly. Now I understand. In rejecting the enemy, you become evil in their sight: for they see nothing but black or white. This is the terror and simplicity at the root of magic- the evil eye
 of fascination. There are power in the origin of words, language, spelling and spells. And I've known so, so many.

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

9/02/774
  The worst form of slavery is that which conquers the mind, for from it our perceptions and intention flow. I find the truth  can sunder any chain, but we must choose  to wield it. None can make this decision but our self. Those who deny this right are the true  enemy. We need not kill them, but only live- time tells tales all its own.

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2019, 03:21:01 AM »
24/02/774
  Today I am 33. I have done it. I have escaped once again, but this time, something is different. I am stronger, wiser. I see the work of the machine everywhere I go, but I am not afraid- I know who I am. If you did as well, you would never be alone.

What is truth?

In time, the lost will be forgotten, but those I find will have inheritance in me.

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2019, 11:22:28 AM »
ㄣㄥㄥ/ϛ0/8Ɩ
  llǝʍ ɯɐ I

I am clean- but for this blood which stains like veins that flow, dark and deep and bleak below. Root and bramble. Tares and candle.. ramble.

sɯᴉʍs puᴉɯ ʎW

Where is center, where is whole. Lost in thought, blackend hole.ǝɹoɔs lɐdɹoΛ

A spell.uoᴉʇɐɔoʌuᴉ . Incantation.uoᴉʇɐɹʇsuoɯǝp
THERE.
Hiding in strange spaces. Hyperdimensional, interitinerant; intimate, desolate.
Hellbound and heavensent.
If but for a season, and no other reason.
Guardian. Judge.ɹƎNOSIɹԀ
Yours is charity, and longsuffering, and death. Now go, until fire finds you,
and I am wanting.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 07:43:41 PM by Mailbox-2100 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2019, 03:24:32 PM »
26/05/774
  I am having difficulty with my memories. This is not a new occurrence, only a revelation. My perfect memory fails me. People, places, names- they all sift as if through a fog. Only when I feel the mana coursing through my veins do I feel alive. I had a purpose, once... I've forgotten. Now all that remains is this power,  and the aching for more.

I watch the world drift by, atop the memory of the day. Often high on weeds. I wonder, how I became so lost, again- where did I go wrong?

What have I forgotten?

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2020, 12:11:05 AM »
Dark Lord

No matter where she went: her shadow followed. Slow, and cold. Too deep and dark had she delved into the occult. The power she ultimately sought had found her. And now she was never alone.

Standing at the precipice of life and death, suffused with magic few could comprehend, and even less muster, she awed at the mysteries that consumed her in majesty and terror.
The atmosphere sparked electric, and the winds grew fury. Flashes of lightning reflected a form she did not recognize, but knew nevertheless.

"What have I become..?"

P͔̟̃̏ͪeͤ̄͗r͖̲̦̟ͫf͍͍͍̜̉ͅe̲̲͔͉̟͙̥c͓̾̇͊́ͫ̊t͍.̼̝ͥͅ

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2020, 05:32:01 PM »
Children of Molech

"I dedicate my daughter, Lazula, unto you, High Regent. Behold, she is beautiful; she is pure."

A child stood before her father nude, held gently from behind by the shoulders. The High Regent slowly canted and smiled, revealing teeth rabid and vile.

P͔̟̃̏ͪeͤ̄͗r͖̲̦̟ͫf͍͍͍̜̉ͅe̲̲͔͉̟͙̥c͓̾̇͊́ͫ̊t͍.̼̝ͥͅ

She woke with a start, bolting upright, panting in bed. A voice- soft as a thought, emanated from the darkness. "You grow wan, little lamb."  There was a gentle hissing. She shuddered, and her skin crawled. "Defiance will not be tolerated. Heed the call, or you will perish."  Try as she might to deny: she trembled, and not from terror. "Do I lie?"  What strength found her, and she smiled like only she could.
"Only when its convenient."
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 07:30:25 AM by Mailbox-2100 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2020, 04:00:13 AM »
Dreams & Fiends

Flashes; images; symphonic terror.
Too late do they witness the vistas of error.
Compromise; hide; reject this crime.
You're out of time; plucked from the vine.
Screaming inside:
Mouth open wide:
Bled to a wine:
To drink, and remind.

I'm fine.

She awoke, from such things, her eyes weary, yet rested.
Sitting up, she wondered on the day, and stretching at length, with such languid fervor, she rose from bed and conducted her morning.

The air was crisp, and clean, and clear; and as far as she could see, no troubles came near.
She smiled, her eyes ever dark, forever lending a certain ambiguity to such a fortunate countenance.
What a beautiful day.

How strange dreams of the end brought her such comfort.

A shadow out of time whispered,
"You forget yourself.."

"I remember." She thought.

And then there was silence...

It was an especially rare day. The birds flew with purpose and fury, and she like unto them.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 04:04:58 AM by Mailbox-2100 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2020, 02:19:31 PM »
A Feast For Fools

Somewhere in Dementlieu, 02/24/775

Lazula perched beside a table, full of oddities and ends.
A quill lay dormant in her hand, her brow lay dormant in the other. She stared at the parchment before her as if through a portal to some distant place. She closed her eyes.

Though her business flourished, her art languished. She had no muse, no friend, no thought- save a bountiful table and ghosts to share her feast.
Were none worthy of her presence? She returned from the void to watch the skull at her side. Lowering her hand, she heft it to her dour gaze.
"You suck." She said at length.

"Like a babe.. at your shriveled teet. No wonder I am hollow."
Lazula's eyes narrowed. "Silence-" She set the skull down with authority and turned from it. A low, satisfied hiss ensued. She looked from the corner of her eye,
"Happy birthday."

Her fury was stoked for a moment, and she stared, before looking away- to frown.

Today she was 34.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 08:16:05 PM by Mailbox-2100 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2020, 02:43:48 AM »
Thayan Nights

Some wounds never heal.
And though they might not be seen, they might be known.
The bearer is often the last to know.

To them: its normal.

Lazula was not an only child, she was second of three, yet she was the only one her father favored.
She was the only one who inherited his art, and yet, his gift came with a heavy toll;
A void she would know for most of her life.

Used, abused, privileged, and blessed.
What more can be said of the only daughter of house Zhuelke?
The heir to such fortune, and debauchery.

Some wounds never heal.

Some do.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 08:05:36 PM by Mailbox-2100 »