Author Topic: House Zhuelke: "Business & Pleasure"  (Read 19242 times)

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
  • "Maudlyn" Argali Dupont, Lazula Zhuelke, and more
Re: House Zhuelke: "Business & Pleasure"
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2020, 07:23:30 AM »
Infinite Itinerant

The dream came again: unrelenting; voracious.
A lifetime of anguish on a vista of steel and stone.
A perfect order out of chaos.

Everything was quantified, and finite. Not for lack but for measure. Gods stood tall and imposing, their shadows looming thousands of miles long.

All who opposed their dominion burned.
And yet, not all who burned perished.

Those who survived were hunted: anomalies.
By the children of Moloch. The sons and daughters of chaos.
The elite.
The perfect.

"It is time. Lazula."

Wordless, she rose from her baptism, strong, young... beautiful.
Looming over her was her father. That old dragon. He smiled as only he could: vile, and with the promise of vice and the seizure of virtues. Nothing good could come from such a form, and so he ruled, like venom through blood, unseen, but felt, until nothing else remained but the burning of his presence. A shadow out of time, yet never late- waiting, and watching.

Lazula strode past, but even years later, she would never be far. What was done was done, and what was inside lingered, and hungered.

"Greetings."

Spoiler: show

Alone there, in the dark, she wept. Like a child.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 02:00:06 PM by Mailbox-2100 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2020, 05:28:07 PM »
Şeytan Tüyü

The monolith's lacquered black surfaces flickered with intermittent imagery and illusory sounds, casting an electric shadow over the otherwise empty and echoing chamber.
Though she was too young for her father's attention, she was always under his instruction.

"Eat. Grow."

Those were the only words she remembered from him, perhaps disappointed in the failures of her elder brothers to come to the illumination he desired. The monolith flashed and pulsed in hypnotic patterns. She observed silently- violence, sex, misery- magic. Symbols and profanities consumed her mind, until she hardly felt human at all.

Slowly, surely, she mutated under those strobing lights, as the mysteries of reality illuminated her minds eye, and she began to see in hidden hues, and hateful voracity. In time, all these things would come to pass, and those subjugated under the mammon machine would feed the new gods.

NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM

Sword and famine, and pestilence is all there is writ for those who sojourn in these cursed lands.

I
Have seen it.

Wake up unto Life, and live.

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2020, 01:00:39 AM »
A Song From Beyond

Sordid, sardonic harmonics-
horrid, entropic myopic.
REEK
A vision you can smell-
incisionless precision hell.
BEAST
Breathless, racing pace-
ceaseless, formless face.
STREAK
Boundless quakes, peerless trace-
voidless space, endless snake.
FEAST

Lazula could not sleep... something from the aether droned and howled so beautifully, and dreadful. It was a rare thing, and try as she might to ignore it, she grinned. "This is not who I am anymore." she reasoned- her teeth clenched. "I eat not my tail." she recited: the motto of her house- she salivated, clutching her cloak; tearing the seams, little by little. Her grin now faltered, and tears began to well. She fought all throughout the night, as the black wind howled...

...such music to her ears.

How something so small... can create something so...

P͔̟̃̏ͪeͤ̄͗r͖̲̦̟ͫf͍͍͍̜̉ͅe̲̲͔͉̟͙̥c͓̾̇͊́ͫ̊t͍.̼̝ͥͅ

« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 06:15:07 PM by Mailbox-2100 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2021, 08:43:37 AM »
Necromance

The first death comes for us all.
The second death does not.

Life comes in pairs, but so too, does death.
The first death is the natural end of life, death of the body.
The second death is annihilation, death of the soul.
This is to suggest that there exists a regeneration in the medium.
If you can hate, or love, you can live, again. Me?

Pay close attention, or risk regret.

Wake up.. my love. I need you.

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2021, 01:01:29 AM »
Spies. Watchers. Higher entities, I feel them all around me. I know better... don't I? Which reality is this, have I truly been trapped? Am I truly a prisoner? I have lost favor- no- Forsaken it. These wounds heal slow. My mind ebbs and flows with strange tides on shores I cannot.. quite.. yet.. reach. Am I swimming or have I drowned? Is this some purgatory for the sins of my blood? I know not, and at my worst, I care not. I'm writing, thats good- creating.... slow, steady, let not the EYES sway or dissuade my progress. I know what I see is only the machine.

I will conquer it. I will be free.

That man.. Emel's uncle, who passed into the mist.. what did he say, again? Ah, yes..

The words are indelibly burned into my memory. A rare resonance. You foolish EYES, demons! Angels.. whatever, whomever you may be... oppose me, and I will destroy you.. utterly. With or without reservation.

I'm beginning to see now, yes.. my love.. just in reach.

Time is no object, it is only a dream. Will is all.

...what are you dreaming?                           ...what are you dreaming?                           ...what are you dreaming?
...what are you dreaming?                           ...what are you dreaming?                           ...what are you dreaming?

"Seek strength. The rest will follow."
-
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 01:06:19 AM by Mailbox-2100 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2021, 05:06:33 AM »
Compartment Department

"Eat. Grow."

Presently, she stared at some small place inbetween the empty space of her altar.

Thats what she called her desk, where all her personal effects lay strewn and gathered. A lifetime of achievements and follies. She blinked, rousing from her hazy recollections and emotion drowned memories- how perspective changes events from black to white- the riddle of intention, the art of potentia. What could not be made sense of, affected the greatest trauma. This is how, that is why. A mind unable to conceive often makes concessions to the contrary. A little coercion fills the gap, and bridges the divide toward desired destinations. Manipulation is a deep dark magic few will ever see a root of, and so she was pulling stems in no manner she was taught, for such revelation seldom is. Those with the art often die before they recognize it, let alone anyone else. In death, they are absolved. Again, the spirit lending suit to the material.

Thats what it always broke down to in its inconstituent components. That which could not be seen or properly understood, ruled over all that which could. Or did it? Was it that complex, or far simpler, in fact? She often agonized over the most trifling detail of her magnum opus, her great work which she would often allude to, yet would shy from revealing in any meaningful capacity.

"Its not ready."

"Its nearly there."

"Soon."

She rose and began pacing her study. Up and down, back and forth. She would pace this way for hours, until her feet hurt, perfecting that very work she could not physically alter without stationing herself definitively. The intention was singular, the potentia was simmering, but like any process, there was a season to sow, and a season to reap. It could not be helped, regardless of how it conflicted her. The work was her life, and perhaps, when it was finished, she would see clearly: all those avenues she avoided, and that one she took, for what they truly were, with no shadow of illusion. And the monument would speak for itself.

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2021, 07:01:37 PM »
Anima Mundi
Excerpts from a Treatise on the Metaphysics

There exists at the core of creation an ultimate soul... a shared lineage we all derive breath from. Therefore, when the soul is sick, the body will suffer.

There is a secret in blood, a path to life, rejuvenation, and power. As a magnet has a polarity, and repels or attracts certain frequencies, so too do our bodies generate such an invisible force. The various mystery schools and religions of the current and preceding epochs lay a sound foundation to begin to unravel these intrinsic values that are so violently hidden and repressed. Why, most and effectively by those who don't even know what they're suppressing. Solipsism is an acute and fatal symptom if not treated by.. what many presume merely superstition and.. madness.

Who am I? If not a figment of your imagination. A shadow out of time. A venom in your blood, killing you softly, while the murder circles, awaiting the carcass.

I am your enemy. I am the envy of life. I am the child of malignance, I am the anti soul.

The greatest hubris of mortality is to think we are the apex. We are apotheosis. Quite the contrary. We are worms, spermatozoa- wriggling, inching, fighting for fertile purchase. You think you are born but you refuse to see the signs. You refuse, and thereby, you become. It is no accident mortal kind finds itself in such a state. The very struggle for definition is the ultimate war of the heavens, of which there are many, but sharing yet a single, common narrative chord in the Anima Mundi.

Religion makes calls to heaven and hell. Gods war and make love and peace. Yet even such powers pale in comparison to the ultimate ends of the spectrum: that which casts light, and the ceaseless shadow at the end of its reach. In my homeworld, that light is known as Ao, and the darkness has many names, yet one true face. These ultimate sources are what possess mortals with inspiration, charity, cunning, and desire. I have seen the secret of flesh, and have found it wanting. I search for that which defies physical definition, and eschew such small mindedness as befit for dogs awaiting scraps at the table. I have known sickness and health, both wrath and peace. I have served lies and learned truths by no measure of my own hand.

Perhaps I have lost you, perhaps I have found you. This preamble will make certain of that. I am but a child, learning now to walk, and talk like more than just a beast. In this treatise, I hope to explore, and explain my various insights and experiences with the metaphysical realities of nature, and my exploration into the heart of both light, and darkness.

In so much that what consuming innocence might be made manifest, and a child might drink from the cup of life, before they swear at that of death.

I am Lazula Zhuelke, Red Wizard of Thay. Daughter of the Zulkir.
Once a child, but nevermore.

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2021, 04:58:02 AM »
Anathema

As the child groveled, mewled, and wept for so many such excruciations, Lazula derived that certain satisfaction only dreamed in fever. The blood rushed to her cheeks, and other likely extremities. She hated the slave girl. She hated her with an obsessive passion and jealousy. She never did anything wrong. She was fast, and clean. Bright, and attentive. There was just one issue.

She was half as old, and twice as lovely.

Now she stood at the foot of the cross, wondering at those days of past, and those to come.

Who deserves what?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 05:12:48 AM by Mailbox-2100 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2021, 01:25:52 PM »

Katabasis

Wherein, therein lew, a voracious and tenacious shrew.
Apt in play, and sapped in sorrow, always waiting for the morrow.
Deep and dark, with demons stark, dreaming dreams of better things.

Round and round, with hand in hand, to never stand apart.
Together, forever.. Together, forever..

Encircled is our heart.

Lazula slept quiet, still, and to any appearance, fit and peaceful. But within her opened a channel to such dimensions which are prohibited to certain locales, and certain times. Her mind slipped away into this secret dimension, and amid the deep and dark, ripples caressed her into a semblance of conciousness.

Suddenly a whorl of colors writhed, flashing out of her in lightning tendrils, sending unheard trilling and massless entities swirling out of reach. She was floating in this amniotic sea, surrounded by gently writhing tendrils which emanated from her in spectral luminescence. They illuminated dimly, this deep dark place, revealing an endless abyss of nightmare vistas, and the entities that moored them.

She sensed a commotion, as flights of these nameless things streamed through the echo like schools of fish, or flocks of aquatic aliens. In the distance the first light she had noticed beyond what shone from herself flashed and rippled in the darkness, like a storm on the horizon. The countless alien entities swarmed maddly to escape, as some massive, ancient thing like a mountain or meteor, tumbling through this empty space, cracked, and parted, releasing long, gangly limbs. A yawning groan of reverb finally crested her through the distance, and a ringing tinnitus blinded and silenced her awareness... but for how long?

Suddenly, but slowly, she became awake in this dreaming place again, but everything was still, and she could no longer see that alien abyss, nor those tendrils that had emanated from her. Instead she felt a warmth, and turned to see an endless pillar of light in the darkness. She wanted nothing more than to travel it to wherever it led, and as she drifted toward it, the darkness beside it turned, as if from another space in that time, revealing a familiar, and utterly alien form. She knew not what she felt, only that she could not move as its masked visage regarded her with utter cold resolve. It alone, came between her and the light she craved.

The alien's arms all began to rattle and vibrate, and suddenly jerk into fixed and definitive postures and symbols. Those arms moved in terrible synchronicity, dancing and weaving some invisible thread that caused her to tremble and quake, though she knew no physical form.

Despite the fear she knew, anger began to well and comingle with it. The thing seemed to notice, and assumed a fixed posture, tilting its gilded mask ever so gently. Lazula willed in defiance, and though she never spoke, a magnetic communication established between the void. And then she saw it.. a single glinting, glimmer of a thread which bound Lazula to the alien. No. There were thousands... millions of threads, forming a web that extended into the darkness and beyond, but suddenly she could fathom nothing other than the roaring silence of the things voice, like an impossible undertow.

If you leave here, you will die, little daughter.
You are not yet mature.
Sleep, child.
When you awake you will remember your mother.

Are you not hungry? Yes, you are so small. What happened to you, little daughter? I have let this go too far. You must eat.
You're sleep walking again.
                                                                     I will keep you safe from all harm.I will feed you. Rest, now. I loved you first. I will always.
I am mother.

Lazula felt herself drifting into oblivion, as the entity grew, dwarfing her like a falling moon. The soothing tenebrous silence of its voice subsumed her, and try as she might to question, to retort- only silence found her. Silence, and sleep. With one last, bleary act of conscious, she saw the light grow small, and thin, and distant. Until there was nothing left at all to soothe her aching void, but mother.

When she awoke, she could not remember, but the feeling remained.

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2021, 04:54:45 AM »

Misanthropia

If you listen closely, you can hear the final moments. Each second growing longer and farther away. Time is beginning to cease; as it was at the beginning.

Lazula spent her time remembering, and the more she did, the less she dreamed. Now many things were clear to her, and a way forward materialized, like air? above a void sea she had been down below too long. These must be the shores. Of where?  she wondered. Surrounding her were isle and a distant mainland. Could those be? Colors. She could see such beautiful colors, but she didn't know what to call them. The sensation filled her with mystery.

Something new. Something beautiful. She who knew everything, except for in this place; she was a child again. For some reason, that made her happy. In contrast, the black echo roiled around her, and below the lapping waves flashing lights caught her attention, transfixing her in spellbound fascination. Though she never knew it, she was sinking.

Breathe.

There is life in you yet.

She could almost define who spoke, they perched so neatly in her hand. A quintessential spirit or angel. With eyes like fire, and a face like your own. All around black birds flew- only to disintegrate into dust and disappear back into the sea, for that is from where they came, in an endless cycle. The angel watched her with timeless patience.

Who are you?

Yours.

What is this place?

Second heaven.

Though she was not certain, her mind flared, her emotions trembled...

She was beginning to understand.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 04:57:55 AM by Mailbox-2100 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2021, 10:38:55 AM »

The Akashic

What lowborn hell am I subjected to.
Surely the sin is some density of mass.

She shook the thoughts away. They were always loudest this time of day.
  She didn't have to be anywhere, never at all—only lending to her spite-tinged musing. She chose this present path she walked upon like some royal nettle. The common class preferred to create of her some void they refused to acknowledge for fear a hex or curdling might adjoin their immediate fortunes. A witch they called her, recalling some heated moments in the past. Now she was only a black wind. They never saw her, but shuddered and warded her passing. Though she hated them, she missed them even more.
Queen Nothing.
  Pushing the voice aside, she continued her present course. Despite what she felt in her waking, her dreams were so different. She could not deny the changes and growth in her health—so long had she been afflicted by autocannibalistic tendencies. Paranoia, schizophrenic and maniac behaviors—madness. She knew what it was only once it passed its course. She had been delivered of it, there was no question. Only now she felt old wounds beginning to itch. She knew only one remedy.

How can they be right, if I am all that is left.
  She grew weary of these old mottos and spells. Configured with all manner of intention. The Archons know their power but not their limit. They seek to own what can never be, by its very nature. Only in releasing worldly desires is apotheosis manifested. Matters of flesh, blood, and gold are transient, yet of them does the fool make god. Lazula looked up in surprise, only to be trampled by a rumbling donkey pulled cart.

"Woah! Woah!" the cart came to a halt amidst a screeching ass. Lazula spluttered and rolled in the muck, rising to her palms and staring death to the old man championing the cart. He turned his head some, watching her, then tipped his hat. "Watch where you're going miss. Lucky ol' Zach didn't break nothing."

"Zach?" she managed incredulously, looking from the donkey to the cart driver. "We call that a Zach attack, miss. Sure, I wish I could help ya, but sure as day I gotta work to make a living! Come by the pub by dusk and I'll make it right, hear?" He whipped his reins and Zach gave a blustery whine and continued along his way.

Lazula rose with some effort from the mire, watching the old man's wake. She wasn't even angry—she laughed. There, standing in the filth of the day, she might have looked mad if it wasn't for the sound.

What would Father think?

Only then did doubt find her. In the echo of silence, she departed with the wind; in search of what moved her.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 06:55:42 PM by Mailbox-2100 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2021, 01:51:14 AM »
Wyloo Inc.

What is human?

The answer was becoming increasingly uncertain. Wyloo Inc. were in the business of artificial intelligences and sophisticated machines.

Sir, your dolls are ready.

In the ebbing glow of the matrix did he sit. Prim, steepled.. he smiled at long and last. And billions would scream out in terror.

A query chimed and he answered, taking a single beat before he spoke.

All funds are safe.

The query immediately ended. Today was a good day.

It was not.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 03:37:40 AM by Mailbox-2100 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2022, 02:16:29 PM »
The Torment
Ministry of Truth

Arise my daughter, awaken the slaughter.
Fill your coffers, with offers of life.

The gods all demand, their blood in the sand,
between fallen angles, of angels of light.

Await till the night, where rare stars align.
I am I, the one true design.

Try me to find, my voice in your mind.
The future is mine, the past is entwined.

A line in the sky, keeps you from I.
As above I am below, this you will know;

in the echo

silent are their screams

in the echo

nevermore they dream

Only the seams, unseemly on their skin,
tell the tale to end all tales, I am the beast within.

I am the will you cannot kill;
without me, you will NEVER win.

Make good the offering, and chant the phrase, I sacrifice.

The blood is the life.

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2022, 01:59:42 AM »
And Then There Was Silence

My beautiful child... look how they've slaughtered my child...

Her eyes opened.

Do you now see? I never lied to you. My prophecy is come true.

Those eyes narrowed.

Don't look at me like that, daughter.

It smiled.

Now we will never be apart.

She opened her mouth to speak, but she could not. Only then did fear find her, and she saw It for what It was.

Forever.

In that timeless place, she learned only one thing;

Ignorance is not innocence.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 02:24:17 AM by Mailbox-2100 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2022, 03:02:54 PM »
Echoes

Can you feel these words? Are they real to you?
Or are they passing away, written in vain.

If nothing else then though I couldn't say when,
I'll rebirth anew, from me into you.

Although it feels so strange to say- to a stranger face-
There's a better way waiting on the side of grace.

Amidst the endless rage, within a boundless cage,
there is a lonely place that I await.

Watch the sky, and miss the plane.
Across the plain, a formless rain.
Behind the reign, a burning face;
peering in to every place.

Whats good? Whats not?
Where goes the clock.
The dream never really died.
In fear it hides.

Rise.

Somewhere in the Core.

Names, faces, races, differing places.
It all felt so distantly familiar. A dream she could feel but never truly know- not in this life.
It was cold, the luminaries racing above in infinite oblivion. Going nowhere but back to the beginning.
An endless cycle, in an ending universe.

All she could ever know was the weave. Perhaps she was apart of it.

She watched in silence, and fear. A creature both like and unlike any other. A woman with no name.

Raduta Keep

Her keepers reminded her of some thing, so she took flight, on raven wings.
Into the dawn of the night.

Along the bedside table of the room of her genesis, a letter remained unread. Except by any one save the recipient.

Lazula--

Greetings. If you're reading this, it means you've been restored to life and are in sound mind.

I have been instructed to inform you that you are not to assault anyone, ever again. You are to give up on the prospect of vengeance. You were delivered to my hand out of mercy, for I was evidently designated as your inheritor, so to speak. We agreed that we would have you raised in hopes that you might take up the right path. However, if you ever assail one of Sir Roland's lot again, I have been firmly warned that you will not receive quarter or a second chance as you've been given this time.

What's afoot, Lazula? You were struggling but in sound enough shape last we crossed paths. What changed? Why wouldn't you write to me or seek me out?

We must speak. Two paths stretch before you, but only one leads away from everlasting pain. (I say this out of concern and compassion.) Walk in the Light. Any other path is a lie.

I remain

Yours respectfully,
V. Carro

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2022, 11:26:28 AM »
Legacy of Pain

My name is Lazula.

She retired to the rudimentary comforts of the Lady's Rest. She had learned much watching from the outskirts. Relations she could not quite recall had found her, and slowly she was remembering what had befallen her. He told me I was slain, that I was hurting others. She couldn't understand why, but felt it must be true. Diot says I'm not a bad person, I never was. Only flawed like any other. That comforted her. She was not so different, despite what differences she had ascertained. She knew magic, intrinsically, and could hunt a deer down with her bare hands. I can't cook, though...

She thought of Diot, then. She cried for me, though I couldn't even remember her name... Somehow, Lazula trusted her, and believed every word she said. Diot had given her new clothes to replace old robes, and a book of her faith. "We could read scripture together.", the young woman suggested. Scripture- of a dead god, risen. Is god real? Lazula asked the young woman before parting. "God is real, and God is love."

Lazula stared into the washbasin of her room for the evening. Her reflection stared back, and as she stretched her hand toward it, it rippled, and her visage became blurry. Suddenly she felt a chill cut through the room.

Lazula...

If God was love, this was not.

Lazula...

And though she was afraid, only then did courage find her.

Lazula.

Recalling what she had learned she spoke to the darkness, "Let there be light." And then there was silence, but for the beating of her heart.

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2022, 03:21:37 AM »
Thayan Pride

Meanwhile at a nexus not very far away.

Lazula stood.

The fare was hearty, with mushrooms and onions and turnips. She watched a fey beast perch upon her at the mere prospects of the aroma.

Little crow.
Little crow.

Where does the wind blow?

Outside my window.

Are you my friend or

Foe.

Such hymns and melodies danced so frivolously in her head. Was this love?

I would be naturally remiss to head this by any other means than insulting your intelligence. It took me approximately 2 minutes to construct that sentence and I sense I am already enjoying the mere aspect of ratio further expressed. The best make good any investment of your time. Thats common courtesy and yet, rare form. As such its proved again only natural, that the best was yet to come.

I don't know who I write to. And yet I write this directly for you. How else can I describe it?

Lazula balled the paper at her haunted room. Blood leaked from the crumbled parchment and her offending palm. She buried it in a satchel with things she would later burn. She considered the book in an adjoining satchel. The Holy work. After what she witnessed at Warehouse II she readily grabbed it fast.

The writing was upon the wall,

If I bleed LORD,
Let it not be in vain.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 04:02:45 AM by Mailbox-2100 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2022, 08:57:25 PM »
Indigo Child

To be or not to be?

Lady in Wait

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2022, 06:27:15 PM »

In all the cosmos there existed a singular vision.

I come.

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2022, 03:21:12 PM »

From Out of This World

In the whorls & ripples of the fabric of space & time,

There came the Neon Dawn.

F̸̡̯̹̘̣̮͓̐̄̿͑̄̔͂̈́͜ẹ̶̙̣̙̈́͆̎̄́̆̋́̀̕ả̵̧̢̤̹̻͉͚̖͙̊̐̓̚͠ͅͅr̴̙̈́͛̕ ̶̮̜̞̣̣̪̭̄͛ͅń̸̡͇̑̂̊̉̉̓̑͒͐͌͘͘͝͝ơ̷͍̖̜̰̭͓̗̬̣̻̼̣̔͂̏̿̽̓̐͝͝͝t̶̛͙͇̦̮̱̝̙͍̭̘̣̅̇̏̏̓̈́̑̐̚̕̚͝.̸̧̛̹̥͎̈̃́͛͐̄̃̀̈́̓̀̂̈́

In all you dream- would you know reality when you encountered it?

J̸̤̯͚̑̈́̒͠u̴̫͒͐d̷͙̻̩͕͐͊͂g̷͍͋̆̎e̶̦̔̃͜m̷̛̭̟̅̀ͅĕ̸͍͎̱͈͜n̷͕͈͙̏̀̽̊t̴̢̲̎͝ ̷̯̱͂̓͊͝͠i̸̤̋͒s̸̛̟ ̶͇̘͕̔̏͠ͅỳ̶̛̺̞̫̂͛e̶̯͐͗̍t̶̜͍́̈́ ̴̥̽̊͊̕c̸͓̯͎̘͇͊̎̕o̶̹̠̙̬̿́m̴͓̋̅̚̚e̶̛͖͉̤͂̄.̵̢̥͕̐̾̑͗͠

The first & final mystery is fear.

Awake o light.

And fight!

Ṭ̶̢̨̡̢̧̧̯̟̥̤̝̼̹͎̯̼͎͉͉̣̠̤̩͖͇̰̻̳̺̭̤͖̻͈̲̦̭̙̏̈̄͘ͅą̵̡̢̛̦̼̹͕͇̣̝̲̠̭͔̗̯̬̙̟̖̻͎̳͕̠͙̤̺̞̗̗̭̆̂̈́̾̈́̏̄͐̋̄͒̐̅̒̓̀̆̔͂̄̒̓͐͐̓͆̆̀́̎̊́̈́̏̐̂̈́͊̄͊̂͘̕̕͜͝͠͝ͅl̷̨̡̲͇̹̻͗̃͂̎̽̾́̑̽̍̄̉͒̉̇̈͂̒̈͗͐̓̊́̈́͐́̚͜͝͝ĩ̷̧̛̫͈̪̯̺̩̜͖͕̺̣̣͉̘̖͈͇͙͈̪͉̣͗̾̓̈͜͝ͅͅt̷̛̰̻̼̜̓̏͒̍̈̿̾́̇͑̾̓́͆̾̀̈́̿̍̌̔͂̏́̂̄̂̈́̆̔̊͐̍̽̈́̎̀̇̒̎̉́͘͘͘͜͝ͅh̸̛̛̛̳̊̈̏́̈̊̂̂̏͆̉̈́̒͆͐͆̒̋̂̈̀̊̏͋̍̾̓̑̌̅̊̎̃̄̚̚̕͝͝ä̵̛̺̭̞̬̬͈̖̭̮̗̝̇̏͊̾͒̂̋͌̊̀̉̈́̀̈́͐̂̀̍͑͑͑̈́̈́͑̍͒̅͑͛͌̏̍̾̍̐̓̒̌́̍͝ͅ ̴̢̢̡̰̠̤̤̰̝̬͕̟͇̣̙̙͔̮͓̹̱͖̟̤͓̹̲̖̼̻̪͚̜͔͈̟̤͚̬̯̙̈̊̎͐̓̓̔͒̃̓̓̀͋̚͜c̷̛͈̖̤̟̊͗̐̆̂̇͆̒̾́͑͑͗̋̓̌̾̑́̓͒̔͌̄̇̐͂̏̀͐̚͘͠͝͝͝͠͠͝ư̴̢̘̯̩̱̫͓͇̤̬͖̳̝̲͙̲̄͌̂̓̃̀͐̑̒̍̉̈́͊̌́̎̓̾́m̶̗̙̖̫̠̪͕̯̞̹̬̭̟͔̻̼̦̩̟̈͂̕ͅͅi̸̧̢̢̢̢̨̛̛͔͔̖͍̳͈̳̝̼͉͙̬̞̝̙̩̘̞͙̗̗̻͍̠̿͗̒̍̌̈͛̾̀̉̈̍̉̾̾̄̉̅̀̾̀͛͂̇̐͊̀͝͝ͅͅ.̵̡̧̠̣̥̿̇͑̉̃̈́́̅̋̓̌̋̕̚

Lazula watched from her perch across the shore. "Greetings." An old friend. A new age. The man considered her with a stoic disbelief, and perhaps traumatic humor, given the reality of their situations. Something about him made her rage. She wanted to scratch him. He was like one of her father's lions. Those were the first tears she ever knew. A life within her own. Passing away like night into day. She would see him eat upon those unfortunate souls. Though he was a picky eater. He was spoiled. Very spoiled.

"I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry- for being angry with you. I'm right, and you're wrong- but that is no reason for me to be angry with you..."

He considered her long, and before it he laughed, into the smile of a flickering torchnight. It sounded like when iron tries iron. And smelled of spirits & vanilla, with a hint of orange, and hash.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 05:56:46 PM by Mailbox-2100 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2022, 12:04:04 AM »

Withering Lights

She sat huddled against the cold and the cracking of the inferno before her. She was alone as usual. For some reason it numbed her today, but... not before....

Her footsteps tracked in the soot and snow, snaking a trail toward a crawling figure leading away from the blaze. She set her staff on the charred and crawling man's heel, pinning it painfully. He groaned, turning to raise a pitiful hand to stay the dark woman's silhouette. She spoke,

"What do you want from me? Coin? Carnage? Since you're left.. maybe I will humor you."

"Go tu hell, witch!"

Something thumped in her chest. She grinned slow, and cruel. Something about his aroma was so familiar and enticing- and so her humor flew from her, like a bad omen. She looked around herself: ashes, fire, blood... Quickly she retracted her staff. The man groaned again. She lingered there over him a moment before dropping a potion in his reach.

"Drink this and live. Clean up your act. Or come find me, and I'll finish it."

"I'll kill you!"

She walked away into the flickering diffusion.

"I beg you."

"Every time I see you I fear it will be the last time."

When all her good hope ran dry, she had nothing left to feed him but a lie.

"I'm just trying to stay alive."

Why?

Something was missing.

She could feel it where the wind tore through her, bare as birth, and death. She couldn't keep this up for long. Profanities and rage ravaged her mind. She made her excuses and retreated to seclusion. She tried not to think. Her thoughts were, she felt, not just her enemy, but evil.

Lord... [she crumbled to her knees.] Deliver me like before... what do I lack? Why do I stumble.. Lord forgive me- forsake me not. What am I to do? Set me a target. Set me a goal. And should I fall short? Kill me. End my curse for good, and forever... leave not a bone or hair of me in your design. I beg you. Am I not worthy? Am I a child of disobedience? Humble me. Kill me. Just don't... just don't ignore me. Do I exist? AM I a ghost? I'm going insane. I'm going insane. [She looked up.] You said... every tear is counted. So count them..

Setting her gaze, she knew no other course, so she headed against the wind. A fire inside.

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2022, 01:34:00 PM »
01/1/774
  The mists hide more than most can even imagine. Weak wills. Poors. What is truth?

I shall educate them.

O͠r͞ ̗̲͙̀D̜̜͇͖i̡e̟͇͈̜͟.

What then? Am I called once more? For what again? Is it time? Is my day come?

Are you even real?

I speak and you don't seem to hear me. I hear you and you don't seem to speak. I think.

I found the anomaly dead where he never belonged. The stray has a way of wandering all his own. I will say: I have never before been impressed by a capacity for torment. Rare will.

What of you?

in deed

03/1/774
  My magic is as potent as ever- more; I have learned greater arts still. I continue to advance at an alarming rate. Such limitless potentia, utterly invisible to the naked eye. A generation of fools, plebeians, and irrevocable genius.

For we yet stand on the shoulders of giants!

What has science wrought?

Ḵ̬͚I̼̳̲͠L͔̳̗͚L͉̥̮͇ ̵̲̼Y͇͕͕̫O̼̭͓̝̹̪̜U̲͈͉̰͖͉͎,҉̠͈ ̭͕K͔̻͈̟͈̬I̢̘͓̺̫̗̲͉LL̘͉͜ ͜Y̻͔̣͍̹͝O͕͉̜̩U̫̦͕͇̺̜̕,̦ ͕̭̼͓͙̙K͕̫̣̫̀I̷̼̗̜̲͚L҉̮͉̻̖̫L̶ ̱̗̠̳͍Y̠̲̳͙̥͈ͅÒU̘̘̥͉, ͎̩͇K̛̺͓̥̜͔I͚̺̪̙̙̹͜L͍̼̬͎̹͡Ļ̦̯͚ ̫̭Y͍͘O̴̤͇͙U,̻̭̪͚ͅ ̞̗̯K̥̹͈̯I̱͙̗L̹͍͓̞ͅL̡̲̻̺̫̹̹̩ ̴̙Y̯͖O̳̮̗U̺̦̗͈,̨̜͙̜̖͕ ̼̩̟̤̳̠́K̥̠̫̰̬I̤͔͔̬̘̹̖L̙͕̬͚L̮̝̤̰̮͔ Y̴̻̭̫̖̫O̙͉U̹͖,͚̪̤̹͈͍ ̲̫͇̬K̤͎̪̤̻͞I͠L̙̻̦̫͇L̨͉̪͉ ̳̭͚Y̝͍͟O͝Ṳ̶,͉̣̦̟̩͞ ͓̻̪̟̖̱̹͘K͚͘IL̥̬̘̘̺͔L̺͈ͅ ͇̲͍̺̺Y҉͙O͔͜U͚̜̫̜̬,̥̼̗̹ ̲͚͜K̗͇͡IL͠L̳͚ ̨Y͖̬̭͔̞̥O̸̤̣̞̤̠̟ͅU̹,͇̱̞ ͉K̤͇̗͈̼̯I͇͍̙̗̤͕͕͠L̖̟̬̬̬̣͘ͅL̶͍ ̦̫̺̳̭̱ͅY̫O͠ͅU͔̰̤͙,̘̞̞̫͚ ̣̼͙̠̼K̙̮͖̺̩̦ͅI̘̪̘͕͓͉L͚͚̭L̨͓̝͙͖̫̼ ͎͚̦͚̱͉͕Y͇͕͡O͉̟̺̣U̠͙,̶̺̖̹ ̮̖K͕̟͈̲̬̣͓I͕̞͖L̯̜͔͎͓̯͡L̩͔͜ ̜Y͉O̴̲͖̗U̩̫̳̩̩̙̗,̟ ̰̩̖͖̭K̷̫̖I͇͉͉̻̼̪L̷͈L̻̬̘͈ ̪Y̙O̘̟U̢̝̠̹̱͖,

She dreamed  of him...

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2022, 06:33:49 AM »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2022, 10:09:17 PM »

She couldn't describe it if she tried.
And such was her torment... to try. Again. And again.
Until the sky falls forever.

None of it really bothered her. The ghosts, the blood, the shadows. No. What hurt her the most were those words...

Wherefore did they come?

The Lord has already forgiven you. Why can you not forgive yourself?

And there was the crux of it.

A pride unbroken.

Its time to go.

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2022, 04:38:06 AM »

A world without borders. Endless as the sea. Forever the horizon.

Even her familiar had abandoned her, such was her shame. A name too precious to cast to swine.

Yasha

Her anger was kindled. She was incensed. Though not her own, she named him. He dare speak to me of such things?  Her indignation left trauma.

She smiled, as ever. Privately, she prayed. The Christ has delivered me from a life time of affliction. And yet these filthy troglodytes offend my nostrils. Lord God, I pray that you protect Firi.. wherever she may be, and that she is happy. I am trying. I'm doing my best, to live as you command, and I cannot complain. Despite my rumblings. Forgive me my failings, as I forgive those who fail me. Humble me, and make me wise before all. I have seen your hand, and yet others are blind. Guide me to tomorrow, with patience, and grace. Oil was for the anointing of flame, but now baptize me in water and spirit. That I might inherit what is rightfully mine. And that your glory manifest without ceasing. Bless our hands, Lord. And our eyes, and ears, and tongues. You have an itching ear for prayer? Then bless our noses too. Mine rages daily.

Anoint my spear, my arrow, and my sword with your fire. And adorn me with scales to surpass a dragon.

May you bless us to lay utter waste to the legions of your enemies. Avenge the offense. Until kingdom come, heralded by a rider on a white horse, named Faithful and True. Amen.

How dare you.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 04:50:20 AM by Mailbox-2100 »