Author Topic: Enchanted gear nerf?  (Read 16931 times)

Merry Munchkin

• Dark Lord
Re: Enchanted gear nerf?
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2014, 12:00:21 AM »
So because of this, we can all be accused of selectively not reporting a bug we were unaware of, and be talked down to? That's what i am getting out of what you're saying. Because of this, so long as we play here, we are up - free game - for being insulted when we were ignorant of what was up.

First of all, where in ANY of my posts have I said, or implied, that it is okay to talk down to ANYBODY?  I will be interested to see if you can pull out any quotes.

Second, the tone of your response is exactly what I am referring to -- extremely defensive, and rather angry.  I can't imagine why anyone would not feel like you were yelling at them.

Third, go back to the beginning of the thread, and tell me that the initial player responses were not of the "WTF" variety?  Starting the conversation that way is guaranteed to bring out the worst in your interlocutor.  Coming back afterwards and complaining that the responders are being rude... well, rudeness begets rudeness, unfortunately.  Perpetuating this particular death-spiral, however, is not constructive.  This is why I am suggesting that everyone step back and check themselves.  The players think the developers are being rude, and the developers are thinking that the players are being rude.  Well, congratulations, both of you are correct.

Burleigh Burrowell - RIP

Geiger

« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2014, 12:02:27 AM »
Well folks,

I think this thread has ran its course.

If someone wishes to make a thread to discuss the bugs/changes specifically about enchanted equipment, you are more than welcome to do so, so long as they remain topical about the system.

Locked.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 12:04:50 AM by DM Treason »

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2014, 07:15:55 AM »
I think we need to discuss it more to actually reach an understanding (even if we might not come to agreement). For the sake of peace, let's keep it locked for another day though.

Let me allow myself to clarify something so it doesn't linger.

I think many of you take too much insult when I say "collective ignorance by convenience". This is not meant to be condescending or point a condemning finger and each and every player. Ignorance does not mean stupid and it isn't usually something you chose to be. Ignorance can also be caused by lack of clarity and information (which points back to us).

When I say ignorance by convenience, it is pointing to a social phenomena - again, not blaming each and every player here - but just that for some who might otherwise have noticed something being clearly amiss, this could have been easy to just accept as fact - out of convenience.

No matter what though, there's not that much point in discussing who has the blame. The important thing is that it's now corrected. We are discussing if we can somehow offer reimbursements to those that want to turn in items, but various elements somewhat complicates it.

Also, I've posted something recently here that elaborates on my own reactions to the way this topic has gone: http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=38759.msg486365#msg486365