You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: CD key in use?  (Read 1246 times)

Reaver

• Undead Slayer
CD key in use?
« on: April 28, 2014, 11:26:29 PM »
Trying to log into server and getting this response..

Anonymoose

Re: CD key in use?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 02:40:45 PM »
The most common reason you see a message like that is because you've been playing on a server that has crashed and thus when you attempt to connect to another server the CD key will be considered to be in use.
Solution to that problem would be to reconnect and log out from the server you crashed in (when it pops up) or you simply wait (5 minute-ish or so).

Speculation on a less common reason would be that your CD key is still somehow connected to the server even though you have logged out, a potentially easy solution would be to IP release/renew or it might even be so that you have to wait for the server to reset.

The last and least common reason would be that someone else uses the same CD key you do.

Reaver

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 04:00:48 PM »
I had no issue connecting this morning, but the problem persisted for over 2 hours last night.. So, I don't really know what was up.

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 01:46:35 PM »
I'm guessing this is not related to a GOG.com CD-key then? Since you seem to have been playing on the server for quite a while.
If not, then I don't have any suggestions to fix it either I'm affraid. I'm also assuming you did not share your CD-key with anyone.

Reaver

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 02:33:21 PM »
I think I have solved my problem.. I just harassed GOG for a(nother) new CD key.. Recieved it this morning, hopefully no more issues.

Gilad Abrams

• Undead Master
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 02:54:27 PM »
Same thing just started happening to me as well. I've asked for a new key obviously they have started recycling