Author Topic: Memoirs of a Retired Caliban Adventurer - Micajah  (Read 11342 times)

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
Re: Struggles of a Cursed One - The Story of a little blue caliban
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2013, 05:40:16 PM »
"Remember what you have told me, and your doubts will flutter away like leaves on the wind" - Mini

Entry 28

To say the very least I am... depressed. That filthy pitic took it all away from me...

My Craft, My friends, my church, micul meu trandafir...

Dementlieu is a beautiful city, the most beautiful city I have ever seen. A wonderful place to live my life, but what is life without the things that make it shine so?

I miss them all...  I miss everything about that terrible place, Barovia.

Dementlieu however... well everyday seems to be an adventure... always scraping for cash I am. Did a lot of fighting of criminals, and legion minded men. I did bun. Started going around the sewers and I found a man that I had saved once in the sewers... poor soul. I fought through mult evil caliban and saved his corpse. The domn kept insisting about paying me back... I refused to take as much as I needed it. Someone had found him before but took all his money and weapons...

How evil and disrespectful...

The fight in the sewers was difficult, but dammit if I didn't push myself to make it through! A life was at stake!

I was glad to have saved the man, I also made sure to feed him give him coin and show him around! We met into Dimitri... I mean Dumas. At the tailors...

I made a gentleman out of him!

It was funny seeing the feral world man thrown into a civilized world so quick! The domn nu understood why people wear nice clothes... things were all fun and good and then Dumas had an episode...

Dimitri flung at poor Yago, yelling something about how he won't have her and that he was a crazy evil doctor. It was absurd, I heard him mult times curse a witch doctor of some sort, then he was talking about "War" when I asked him who "he" was. I think Dimitri may be suffering from the horrors of war... whatever outlander war he was in must have been terrifying... I feel so terrible for him. I'm going to help him, the way nu body helped me. I asked if Dumas had prayed... he said "Nu since the war". Despicable! how can one l live in this land without at least some sense of hope or faith? how can they push themselves to do good deeds without something to back you up?

I decided to introduce him to Ezra... this world is a terrible place. Our guardian in the mists has protected me mult. I have been very lucky to survive mult of what I have... and mult die more than once... I've only died once.

I taught him the importance of prayer and I gave him my book. I was going to take him to church to pray with me but Lavinia showed up, insisting Ezra wouldn't help. I corrected her; she wants him to make the choice. Which I understand, but I also feel it is healthy for him... I would be very proud to have Dumas as a brother in the faith. I want to do everything I can to save this world, live up to Ezra and her watchwords, live up to Warn's expectations... This world is dark, thus I shall bring the light.

At the end of the day... all we have is faith, spirit, willpower, and heart. Ezra bless and guide me.

My life however was nu ever meant to be lived so simply... I found HER.

Wretched woman... "Rhian" I believe I've heard her name spoken? A woman has shown me mult hate in the past and had encouraged that filthy pitic Frenar to murder me... I found her laying nearly emotionless in Port...

I am without hate. I disgust, I despise, I dislike. I nu, hate. Nu matter what evil she associated herself with...

his favorite human lass... I helped her out, I can only hope that she is perhaps more sane than her friend... maybe see that, you judge a person for who they are not what they are.

I am doing a good job I am keeping up with what Warn would have wanted. I am benevolent to all but true out right threats. Even my most cruel and evil of enemies I will show them benevolence and honor when they will show me none, I will remain noble of heart nu matter what.

I will never sink to the corrupted low of my enemies...

"You will find your life tested in so many ways, Micajah; but there comes a time where you must make difficult decisions... You must not become what you fight. Never give up, never surrender" - Warn Windwill

That I am Warn... difificult decisions mean nothing to me. For so long as I stay true to my heart, and good in my morals... I will always know the right answer.

Ezra, bless and watch over me and Mini in our hardest of times... I have finally learned Elvish completely and I will begin sending her letters soon...

Blessed Ezra, Our Guardian in the Mists, She who sacrificed Herself to fill the Hollow,
Healer of the sick, protector of the weak, guide to the lost,
To You we pray. Watch over us, Your people. Take us under Your protection,
Show us the light when we are lost in darkness, defend us when the Legions of the Night draw close,
Lead us to our place in the Grand Scheme, and bring us through the night to the shelter of peace.

I pray for you... Mini, Dumas, Lavinia, Koryan, everybody that is meaningful to me... Ezra bless thee five fold...

"Never give up, never surrender!" - Warn Windwill
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 03:42:07 PM by Snowflame »

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2013, 04:04:12 PM »
"Remember what you have told me, and your doubts will flutter away like leaves on the wind" - Mini

Entry 29

Had a rough night... Mini was trying to tell me that I was smothering her too much with my love....

she hates that I call her "My Little Rose". She feels like she is a possession... I nu know how to explain my flirting... perhaps she has taken it too literally. She is right though and I feel terrible... it hurt so much to hear her say that she only came to deliver the mummy wrappings Dredo had brought for me...  that she had nu any plans... I was so happy at a surprise visit, it was weeks since I had seen Mini... I was in tears. I felt crushed and destroyed.

Dredo came to me earlier... she is so... I nu think she gets it... i nu think she understands the way I suffer. I just...

Halfling girls... the lot of them are driving me nuts. I'm madly in love with one and the other asks of me things that I nu feel comfortable speaking of.

I want to focus on the rest of the day... I think I will keep this entry short as well... it was bun to see Warden Hyde again, he was able to baptize me into the second sect of Ezra. I am thrilled to be a pure heart!

Friends are doing everything they can for me... Mini... well... yeah Mini, Dredo, Koryan...

Koryan stood up for me and risked excommunication to see that I was not unjustly excommunicated by the 4th sect and their lies.

I am going to keep this entry short... entries may be shorter now as the need for me to be busier has increased heavily... I stay strong to my heart and my nobility.

Ezra Guide me.

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2013, 01:50:58 PM »

Entry 30

Last Entry was a disgrace, unclear and foolish... I have settled down somewhat now... I can make a mult better documentation.

It helps often times to talk about the good before we speak of the bad... it helps cushion our falls, however that is the fall of being optimistic. There is such a thing as being too optimistic. Just because you see kindness in people, just because there is good news doesn't mean we should ignore our falls around us.

I was blessed to see Warden Hyde the other day... he had preformed the most wonderful baptism ceremony for me in the church in Dementlieu. The Baptism was held in-front of the stained glass I have become so fond of...

"Cry no more, for I will cry for you."

Nu one deserves to cry...

...I made Mini cry... I feel miserable absolutely miserable... there is mult too much going on at once... what is happening? what in iadul is happening to me?

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwA7KW-uSIE[/youtube]

Lost love, bright eyes fading Faster than stars falling. How can I tell you that I've failed?

While I have not delved into darkness... I see it, I can nu believe it... I am falling from grace.

What once made me a powerful strong and righteous man has become weak with time... I've become a sniveling fool, who thinks he can just get things he wants from pity... what has become of me? Why aren't I there?

WHY AREN'T I DOING SOMETHING ABOUT THAT BASTARD!?

"In the end; you will either endure long enough to be truly recognized as a hero, or you will live so long that in the end you will become what you fight and in turn only cause more suffering"

"You must not become what you fight"

"Never give up, never surrender" - Warn Windwill

...I am angry with him, and while my anger is rightfully justified and of righteous means... It's blinding me of the other problems I am facing...

That filthy dwarf has brought much suffering onto my self, I speak about how he has taken mult from me. How my craft has been taken from me, how the woman of my dreams has been taken from me, how my friends and congregation have been taken from me...

I am fooling myself... the dwarf has made things mult harder, da. but has he truly taken these things away from me? Is he the sole reason why I have lost what I have lost? Perhaps...

but has all of it truly been lost?

...It is difficult to answer this question I have for myself... I slept on it Ezradammit! I slept on it...

Perhaps the stained glass has heard my pleas for justice, for an answer... I realize it all now... This is all an illusion I have given myself... Frenar has nu right to be in Vallakai, using it as his stomping grounds to hunt innocents. That disgusting dwarf has less right than I do! The pitic is an outlander for Ezra sake... he nu belongs here, he belongs back in his own world. It is nu him that is holding me back... it's me.

Everything I have been doing has been well, frankly selfish. I've worried my friends, my religious allies, I have frightened off the woman I found to have fallen for... I've disregarded her completely, ignoring her wants in needs and just pushing it aside so she could accommodate for my weakness... I was upset when I had found out she had not come to visit me, but instead to deliver a package... when I had NO RIGHT to be upset. When she visits me, it would be out of pity nu love. She does nu love me. Nu matter how much I may want for her to, nu matter how much I am fond of her that is not the way, and trying to expose her to this city life when she is here... it's disgraceful.

I've been nuthing but a burden and a disgrace to everybody... nu just her. I talk about how my curse should be my own burden and nu one elses... yet it becomes someone elses burden when it benefits me. Dredo is right... I'm becoming less of the man I was... I need to speak with her immediately and do the right thing instead of sitting here and looking for hand outs. What can be done however?

It doesn't matter I need to do something to stop the bloodshed and violence. Vallakai is going to erupt into a war with the Drain because of the way Frenar is killing them off... and it is unfortunate to hear Lady Bella has now been doing this as well...

I am disappointed. Frenar, have you nu learned yet? have you nu learned that just because someone appears unsettling that doesn't make them less of a person. I thought you would learn this after I had saved your life and that woman's life, when it probably would have benefited all of Vallakai to just finish you off while you were weak. I value life... and I despise bloodshed.

Yet now I am given a hard choice, Dredo tells me if something is nu done blood will be on my hands for my ignorance. That I will become as bad or worse than the villains I fight. I need to fix things up, get myself properly suited up and ready, speak to my friends, apologize for my insolence, and get to work. I'm starting with Mini, sent her a letter... hopefully I will be granted a second chance with her. If not, that's alright, whether I deserve her forgiveness or not is at her discretion, and her discretion alone.

To think all this time I was being oppressed... I had my friends helped me through the whole time. While things have been mult harder I had not lost it all... I had no lost my craft, my friends come by with help and gifts all the time to push me along, Herbs, ores, even ectoplasm... while not much it hasn't been truly taken away from me, Warden Hyde came to visit me, Koryans been working his hardest on the home front to help me even though he risks excommunication himself and Antonio helped me on a hunt, My friends have always come to visit me, knowing that my time is rough... It was by my own hand alone that Mini was driven away... I have made too many mistakes now... I must return to my proper place, my proper grace, my duty to Ezra, my friends, and those wrongfully persecuted.

"In the end; you will either endure long enough to be truly recognized as a hero, or you will live so long that in the end you will become what you fight and in turn only cause more suffering"

"You must not become what you fight"

Warn, you truly understood my life and it's struggles... I have failed even you. I gave up, I stopped fighting and ran off to hide in Dementlieu... and by doing that I have become what I fight... I am only allowing more suffering by sitting here idly and doing nothing. Need to send another letter to Mini, I think I understand what must be done... I am the hero dammit! When things got tough for Thy Holy Knight, did he sit and bitch? Nu, he slew the dragon bravely and saved everybody. The warrior would fight evil at all costs... I haven't given up anything, I have nu paid my price.

Somewhere there's a reason why things don't go my way
Somewhere there's a reason that I cannot explain
Just like the change of season just may not be my turn
But I know there's a reason the lesson's mine to learn

Maybe I don't like it,
but I have no choice
I know that somewhere,

someone

hears

my

voice

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj3QEI1wTXQ[/youtube]

I was foolish... thought I knew all of it, thought I was so righteous... I've become full of my self. Nu one is without sin, it is what we do in our life, the decisions we make, the people we touch... this is how we absolve ourselves of sin.

Maybe I don't like it, but I have no choice... I have the power to save many, maybe at the cost of my nobility. I must make a choice... I will make this choice.

I must pray again, to the stained glass... Ezra, I know I have asked for much, I know I have asked for too much in fact from you, my friends, Mini, and anyone I can get my grubby blue little claws on... but even I know where I am powerful and where I am powerless... speak to me, confirm for me that things are going right the way they should. I ask of thee... not of answers, not of solutions, not of direct divine interference, but instead I ask for guidance...  guide me to the path of righteousness... show me where I should start...

I must head to the cathedral again, I must pray, pray unlike I have before... I'll make sure to bring Dumas with me as well.

Legends say Ezra will take the sorrows away from those who pray to this stained glass. I am undeserving, I know this much... but regardless I shall pray. Pray out of my deepest devotion, pray in order to seek out the light that she wants us to see, pray for my friends who have done all they could for me to ease my sorrows....

How lucky am I to have such wonderful friends... and I took terrible advantage of that... I must redeem myself, but how? how? I have thought much... my conscious weighs heavy on me with a dark yet righteous question, and with dark yet righteous solutions...

For now I will pray, pray until I come back into contact with Dredo and the others, pray that I can be forgiven for being so... pitiful, and useless, pray that I can be forgiven...

Blessed Ezra, Our Guardian in the Mists, She who sacrificed Herself to fill the Hollow,
Show us the light when we are lost in darkness, defend us when the Legions of the Night draw close,
Lead us to our place in the Grand Scheme, and bring us through the night to the shelter of peace.

Ezra... guide my bolts, guide my heart, guide my mind, guide my friends...

I beg of thee... please. I must do what is truly right.

"This world is a test, let them heap all of their pain and troubles upon me and I will stand unbent" - Eliza

"You will find your life tested in so many ways, Micajah; but there comes a time where you must make difficult decisions... You must not become what you fight. Never give up, never surrender" - Warn Windwill

Nu Mini... it is me that needs to remember what I have been told.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 03:42:35 PM by Snowflame »

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2013, 02:12:13 PM »

Entry 31

Bear died... things are getting harder and harder... running low on cash. Nu bounties to be had in port... can't sell my stock anywhere.

I need a permit in Dementlieu, and I'm sure the vistani would be VERY angry if I even attempted to sell anything on their grounds... everything has become truly difficult... but things seem to have a way of working out... sneaking around pilfering natural resources from whatever lands I can get to... friends are helping me mostly. Things are becoming too difficult to stay in the mist camp and the Dementlieu area only, I need to go back to Barovia. Maybe I can? I'm sure I can avoid Vallakai... my only fear is meeting that filthy bearded bastard on the road, and so long as he's in town there is nu way I can go into Dveirgheim despite the fact that the other dwarves have nu problems with me. Degannwy is a bit too close to Vallakai to stay in for too long, Krofburg will nu ever take me. Truly running low on options and I am relying on people to bring me things... and without pay a lot of the time.

Which is well... it feels bad, I feel useless, I feel pitiful and weak like that. I fought for a very long time to remain strong... Apparently the church has become mult violent as well... but friends are working on it... I can stay out of Vallakai with nu problems... so long as I can roam Barovia without fear of running into the dwarven menace. What I have heard however is the fourth will attempt to kill me on sight as well if I am in Barovia...

Despite you know, saving fourth sect lives on more than unu occasion... they nu care. My appearance is all they care about.

I am very careful about work and who I get involved with, but I nu know who or what I could work for... I'm sure Dumas can connect me to something... altough I have a feeling his connections aren't exactly... "lawful". Last thing I need to be seen doing is breaking just laws. Some laws like those in Barovia are unjust and perhaps cruel.... those are understandable but there is nu any excuse for me to be stealing...

A succubus attempted to tempt me earlier in the day... at first I nu know... she wanted to go to Dementlieu after I told her it was fairly progressive... she removed her armor... she wore almost nuthing... she had wings like a bat, and horns of a devil... Prior she tried to see if I would prostitute myself for three boxes of herbs...

I understand The Mists are trying deeply hard to corrupt me, to become the monster I fight... but is this the best they can do? Avarice is probably my only dark sin... I admit that, I am a bit greedy. Can one blame me though? When you have nuthing your entire life, and when you tend to lose everything you gain as soon as you get it, can you really blame me for being a tad greedy? I try to turn down gifts the best I can, but in these times... I take gifts with open arms. I've nu choice really, and with my bear dead things are mult problematic. I like to give more than I like to receive... yet in these hard times, I must take advantage of whatever I can get... I know what I've said before... "When things got tough for Thy Holy Knight, did he sit and bitch? Nu, he slew the dragon bravely and saved everybody. The warrior would fight evil at all costs... I haven't given up anything, I have nu paid my price. " Then there is also the understanding that "Thy Holy Knight" had a sword, armor, a shield, a stallion...

I've friends, and perhaps courage is my sword, but I've nu defense against the pitic that is my dragon. I must do what I can... and at all costs keep what makes me noble...

I absolutely refuse to prostitute myself for three herbs... I've standards of living, and morals I will stand by until the day I die. Absolutely not.

Mini never responded to my letter...

...instead she came out to see me. She deems me worthy of her forgiveness, I must relax myself... for her and for me... again though she has helped me without even knowing it... giving me the slap on the face I needed to tell me that I was becoming a depraved, lunatic caliban. I lost her in the woods though... I also lost Dredo when we went out hunting... really hope they are alright...

I finally got some of the materials I needed however... made a few bun potions, if I can get lucky maybe I can sell them somewhere amongst friends. I need mult more materials however, I currently need Musk Ox Grease... only one place for that... and I am really keen on making a bottle of Set's Ointment... so far I've made mult good Elixirs... but this one demands for a lot of specific materials.... according to the list Sadie gave me two beggars cups, two mummy wrappings, and one grease...

Nu even a potion of life requires that many ingredients, granted life potion ingredients are rare as well. I am eager to make another one of those as well. I was relieved to find out the truth about the rumors regarding Bella and the murder of Caliban. That the caliban that perpetrated the attack, actually attacked her first. I had originally heard a very different story.

Things look to be easing up for me... maybe I should just relax? take a break... something... I nu know. I've heard nuthing from La Bougie... that's nu good. Then again I'm nu sure they would accept my proposal, after all... a caliban writing... Port is gentle to us, but the people are at least polite. Guard here are actually really polite... he asked me nicely to try and not spend my nights in the noble districts of Dementlieu. I understand my appearance is unsettling, and I nu wish to worry the people of the city I live in. Not gonna stop me from going to Church though, always have to go to the Cathedral... I love it there. I never see anyone in it anyway, I'm sure they will nu mind as long as I'm quick and quiet scurry myself over there and am sure not to take too long to pray.

I hope I can truly make a life in Dementlieu... If I could manage that, do things I like... perform my alchemy with nu trouble... then that would be bun.  Perhaps my issue is that I keep spending...

I will admit I have an addiction to Magic Bags... Red Vardo is selling them for two thousand solars a bag... I can nu resist! especially since I need to carry so mult... I have five of these freaking things now, and whats sad is I want five more!

Just cannot stop the baggage! ...but nu, as fun as it is... I need to start saving... saving... then maybe... I wonder if the port would allow a caliban to... Invest? economics...

Mult math but maybe I can do this...

I need to do something, I can just sit about all day and I need to move around, I need to venture, I need to keep firing my crossbow. I just can't sit around and move warehouse boxes all day... I'm a master herbalist and working on mastering alchemist dammit! I must be able to do mult more than this... to get a little I must give a little... Maybe I should hire a guard. Then I can start moving around with some protection. Until I can get good equipment and ammunition I am nu match for mult of the cores dangers and there is nu way I can get the necessary things I acquire.

It's a new day... let's just focus on surviving eh?

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2013, 01:29:08 PM »

Entry 32

It's a new day... let's just focus on surviving eh?

...What the hell happened to this?

I perhaps underestimate myself a bit too much... I did it... I don't plan on doing it again however, I snuck my little blue ass into Barovia.

Met up with Neville... it is good to see my student after mult long time, me and him went on one hell of an adventure... we had to move quickly and quietly through all my usual spots.

We make a very good team! ashame I lost him at the top of Mt.Baratak... I hope he is alright... got the grease, got the residue, got my herbs. I got everything...

Got the mult needed grease as well... everything is going well. I won't need to sneak back again hopefully... I got in and got out, made coin. Undetected. Nu going to detail my methods in fear someone finds this journal...

Been talking more with Dumas... he seems very inclined towards Ezra... I am very happy to see the possibility of a new brother in the faith especially a bun friend like him. Going to keep this entry relatively short...

Other than my exploits of sneaking into Barovia, there is really nu much going on... I have a lot of materials now however, and a lot of craft that I must practice...

Let's see how that goes... I did some of it but I quickly became tired and immediately retired for the night.

Potion of Set's Ointment... amazing... absolutely amazing...

I nu think I will make use of it though, I will simply sell it... but I must focus and remain focused until I have all my equipment pulled together... after all, I have work to do...

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2013, 06:10:18 PM »

Entry 33

Things have been mult quiet... and it has been awhile since I have last written in this journal...

The days have been very quiet and my living has been very safe and sane not like how it was in Barovia... I miss everything there. My friends, Mini...

I have nu seen Mini in mult time either. I hope Dredo is alive, for her sake... even if we nu see eye to eye on certain subjects.

Today was rather exciting and scary however...

Sudhri came by the mist camp again. It makes me really happy that she has been showing up at the mist camp more often now... perhaps because she knows of my predicament. I was fearful today however; we had some bad luck with crocodiles in the sewers... Sudhri had fallen... mult of our party had fallen... The other two women left but I could nu leave my mentor behind... I drank down one of my potions and braved the crocodiles....

They nearly swallowed me in one bite! I was able to rescue my mentor and her coin successfully.

Bear died in the process but I did it... I need to start working more and more on my crafts...

Oh that reminds me! the trip to Barovia was a major success!

I crafted mult varnishes, and mult potions... good timing too because the Winter is here...

I really hate the winter...

Nu herbs for me to collect... at the very least though I have a good stock pile which should sell rather well when I have the opportunity. I shall have to put up signs around the Mist Camp. I was fearful of taking away buisness from the vistani... then again they nu sell tonics, or at least the caliber of tonics that I have. They mostly sell crafting supplies, and whatever their vardo happens to get from adventuring groups.

I found Neville, seems he got himself a way to Dementlieu... still nu very far in his craft...

I feel bad, like I am nu teaching him well enough, I have to keep trying with the woundworts... it's how I learned. but more imprtoantly I ran into Leo...

I don't know what it is about Leo but I'll be damned if he isn't made of pure awesome, and forged from absolute generosity.

The man took me out hunting, got me ores, gave me two lesser magic bags and more! If only I was quite the craftsman he was I would be that generous too... unforgettably I feel guilty, because I need to receive... I hold on to the scraps i have and once I have them I abuse them and make use of them as quickly as possible. I want to be able to do that one day... handing out varnishes and bags to those who need without necessarily needing things my self.

I'd love nothing more than to be conveniently charitable while being self sufficient like that... just the ability to make what I need and more and then hand it out to whoever is needy.

I would do that more often if I could, I really would. but in these times I have become the needy, as much as I HATE it... I need it. Whatever I can get, whatever can keep me alive and safe from assassins, dwarves, and the 4th sect.

I can only say that I am just so glad I have more friends than enemies, and such wonderful friends who can put up with me, my danger, and all my nonsense. It means the absolute world to me... thanks to Leo I was able to craft mult more... and now I am really ready to start selling my wares... so many of them, and then I'll have money I can buy those bags, buy those bracers I need...

what I really should do is buy that ammunition and whatever gear I need, as opposed to blowing everything I find off on bags... I mean I guess I will get two more but there will come a point where I am being excessive... I do carry a lot however, so I cannot be blamed for that... I should be buying ammunition instead however.

Finally made some sales though, and damn did I really pull off some big sales... I have fifteen thousand solars now...

There is nu much I could want other than purchasing the ammunition, I will need to speak with Sudhri as soona s I can.

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2013, 11:20:21 PM »

Entry 34

Went on one hell of a trip... no pun intended...

a place called Perfidus. Filled with demons, mortal fiends on this very earth. I don't understand how there is abominations like this:

And yet the 4th and others feel the need to hunt me...ridiculous

We should be fighting these, we should be crusading against these fiends in that cursed wasteland... decimate the demons and send them to oblivion.

These are true legions we must fight...

we entered a very dark temple... a very very dark temple with a powerful witch, nearly killed half the damn party with a floating black sword. I finished that lunatic demonologist off, a damn fine shot to the head.

It was a scary trip over all...

So boring, I need to get out more start training... Trent's been good about buying my potions...

to be honest I think he is only buying because he feels bad for me... I mean other people buy but damn, he buys from me A LOT. It's odd really, I mean I hope he makes good use of them, and it sure sounded like he did... his last trip to hara-akir... hell, my set's ointment for him? probably has him the talk of his group...

I like that, doing good for people... even if I sold it. I mean it's not charity, but you know... knowing that you helped a good man, do good deeds, for good people, really feels good. I always liked helping people I could nu ever understand why people go out of their way to be deliberitly amoral. People like Lacusta...

I don't understand how can simply argue that i'm evil, simply because i'm ugly. What is he twelve? It's dumb. I saved several lives of the fourth, the first, and the second... before I even joined the church. When people are in need I run out to get them I don't stay behind and wait in a cave licking my wounds until it's to my absolute convinced or leave them behind, I mean go out in the crap... and i'm not a front liner by any means. I convinced a fourth sect sentire to excommunicate possibly one of the most valuable assets they could have to the church: Frenar.

The Church of Ezra would benefit heavily from the money he brought in, however faith is not about coin... it is about divinity, and spirituality as well as a life style and moral compass to live by.

To say that I am evil is to say that the sky is purple. It's just not true, and it's blatantly obviously not true. appearance has nu a thing to do with morality... come to think of it even Lacusta doesn't even look that good! The domn's entire face is completely scarred up! If his soul argument is looks than I guess he's legion too because he's ugly as hell... Nu ever seen a woman stand by him gently either... me? Nu to brag but earlier when I first started loitering in the outskirts, I was over run with a lot of the human girls... I mean I hate admitting it because it sounds wrong and egotistical, but the truth of the matter was I always got picked up, always got kisses, I even got grabbed by a tiefling lass. I have nu ever seen him with a domana. Maybe that's it, he's jealous of things I have that he doesn't... and the things that he does indeed have over me, which is looks... he is nu even that good because of how badly scarred his face is.

Tries to act all dark and mysterious too, please... I could spot him a mile away, he used to be sneaky to me... these days he can't escape my watchful eye and ever open ears. Even members of the fourth aren't happy with him, is it really so hard to admit wrongful beliefs? We can't always be right and I've proven it mult times, and that his methods are mult evil...

I guess it's true what they say about all sneaks. Deep down they are just cowards who use the shadows as a shield in order to coneal their true nature which is conniving, weakling, backstabbing scum. They can only get head with a blade in the back in the dark... a blade dipped in poison.

I nu need that. I nu ever did. Give me mundane bolts, varnishes I have made... I fight with mult honor for a sniper. I nu hide, I'm just a damn good shot. A true man faces his fears, a true man knows when he is wrong, a true man acknowledges when he is wrong, a true man apologizes and makes up for his short comings in the future.

A true man proves himself. Passing coin under a table is nu proving... it's just getting ahead easily. I have proven myself to be more human than mult... I think I might soon be finding a way to actually become human though...

I need this studied... I need to speak to someone with brains... Ana? Perhaps... I would speak to Aurore... but something is wrong with her... mult wrong with her...

Although to be honest, I think the thing I could really use now is an visit from Mini. She must be busy as of late, but it's been a long while and I want to write her a letter... I think i'll go do that...

Ezra bless me, and everyone I care for... five fold.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 03:16:03 PM by Bluebomber4evr »

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2013, 01:47:40 PM »

Entry 35

It started as a simple trip, yeah yeah doing precisley what I'm not supposed to do... going back to Barovia... AGAIN!

All I wanted were some mushrooms, maybe some coin, see some friends, and well... I was walking Mini back to Degannwy. Oh and to practice metal work too! and leave out some charitable goods.

So a lot of things... fairly simple trip of delivery, aquistion, and careful protection and watch over my love...

Things got rather well different this time, very different. I had left some charity goods out into the church and I had to m ake a delivery I had recieved to a crazy domn by the name of "Swine". Unlike Frenar however, I am a good merchant so I left my judgement behind and sold the man varnishes. There is nu a thing different about his coin, over anyone elses. Coin is coin. I went down there where I had met an entire hunting group... I was feeling rather kind and charitable, rather soft... It has been mult long time since I was in Vallakai, mult long time since I've seen the people struggle as they do... I held onto a Cinder Axe... which I gladly gave to one in need, gave ammunition for bows I had acquired and even handed out some flame varnishes to help rid of the undead...

It feels really good to help people, like it feels really really good. I always loved doing that, making people. It's the only type of contagion worth catching! A smile... a smile is always a good infection to have, laughter being a good side effect. There would be nu smiling or laughter as we moved deeper and deeper into the cold dark crypts... Nu. It slowly became a nightmare, the undead onslaught grew strong and powerful, bones formed together in large golems, weapons become animate, large skeletons stomped across the cold crypt floor, shades and ghosts followed as well... we shot them down an odd flame brewed up onto an alter and burned a domana cruelly, that Swine man tried throwign a weapon in the flame hoping it would give the sword special power... nu have I ever seen someone so... well frankly... he's a whore. A whore for power, willing to do whatever it takes to acquire power... even trying to feed dark energies and flames he hasn't the faintest clue about to acquire power. Two individuals I saw started closing in, one was a bearded man who put on a pot helmet. The man went by the name "Istavan", the other was... well... that stranged hunched over elderly looking man... he wore robes and held a staff... a familiar looking stick, for a familiar looking figure...

Suddenly after everything was cleared poison gas filled the entire room, all but me were affected. Vigilantly I looked about and there I saw them...

Disgusting lot! Dire Maggots! They were huge!

Slipped up my scope and took aim, they tried to feed on the dazed out civilians I slew the maggots before the people can be devoured... two were badly injured, the burned one and one of the domana's was bitten up badly... she needed to see Lizuca for healing, they both did... The oldman and Istavan claimed not to however, instead... they said there was no need to bring her to the "Sun Kissers". I just about had it with the old man, I saw him smelling of burns one day, Ryl'tar tells me Aurore gets burned. The next time I saw her she was grey, black haired, and red eyed... she was with the old man, and now here he is again kidnapping women. Something is up, I know something is u p.

WHO IN IADUL IS HE!?

I followed them... another man in a black hood and cloak was with them and it seems that barbaric little pig loving beggar named "Swine" was amongst their ranks... The old domn used dark magic to control the undead... he was a necromancer.

"Get the pitic out of my sight"

The goggled and head wrapped man commanded, and like mindless servants they complied... I fought them off best I could but to no avail. Even bit one of them pretty hard... they tossed me out and took the one domana off somewhere... I ran back up and spoke to Adeline I described the old domn to her...

she said it... she said a name... a name I truly LOATHE

IT CANNOT BE! HE IS DEAD! JANOS BALTAR IS DEAD!

...Janos Baltar... Gundarakite rebel, leader of the blood and Nerull cultists... Amongst his ranks were said to be vile creatures and beings some I knew of others I had no clue...

Scurvy, a now slain vampire of sorts... a very evil pitic. Malekkor Valdon... bastard said to have cursed Adelines child with inherent evil, I have heard of others and even met the one known as Scox, a red clothed Pitic... whose manner was rather chaotic yet he some managed to be almost as intelligent as me. There are others I have heard of as well...

I got Adeline and the burned domana... we searched every but we could not find or catch up to them... I wasn't going to stay in Vallakai long, or even much at all... I just wanted reagants, herbs, ores, training, coin, and charity. That's it... that's all I was here to do... but I can nu leave now... espescially if Janos truly is the old necromancer in the crypts then the fourth has failed to destroy the darkness that is the Cult of Nerull. Vallakai is in even more danger than before if he has returned, he cannot go under the radar, he musn't! Later that noapte I had a run in with the old bastard... to the outskirts he brought an vrolock minion... Iadul he commands Vrolocks! Another domn and Imogen were there as well, I could nu see him past his invisibility varja... couldn't take a shot at the old man at all...

I'm going to need help though, if that truly is him then I am not safe in The Drain by any means either... the caliban are foolish, he's convinced them in the past that he brings their salvation, can they not see the devestation he has caused? Janos has only created more reason for the topsiders to hate the bottom dwellers. After I slew the vampire I spoke with Imogen and some other domana warning them to be careful... I did not tell them who I think it is... I need to go to The Grey Witch, she'll know what to do...

I have always preached innocent until proven guilty, well this domn is guilty alright... but I need to find out if he is that wretched old man... and  if so I must slay him for justice and bring his head to...

...who can I bring it to?

...Iadul... the count? It's odd but I feel as though he'd be more likley to grant me audience than the garda would... espescially if I had Janos... Iadul this is all too much at once. My primary goal will always be goal number one: Saftey of the people. I will keep the people of the outskirts safe from this villain, as a vigilante if I have to. The garda will nu listen to me, but the garda are ignorant and corrupt... for all I know the oldman could be paying off some of them right now. It would suprise me if he could, espescially if it is Janos...

...It upsets me to think it, but I am fully convinced and believe it. It makes sense for it to be Janos... posture, staff, and now he seems to be taking away people and controlling them... people like Aurore, and hopefully not that Domana... I spoke with her for a testiomny. According to her they let her go, and said that they will be watching her... I nu like that... nu one bit...

I have to reassert myself here... see if I can talk to the first Garda I met who had helped me... according to what that loudmouth Frenar has babbled about, going to Castle Ravenloft so casually, it may be that the person who wanted to see me out of Vallakai altogther was the count himself... even if that's not true, hunting down Janos might be a good way to keep me protected since Janos is an enemy of the state, and if this is Janos...

Well then we are in a lot of trouble because the way I see it is this old necromancer is: Gathering followers, controlling undead and attacking the outskirts, stealing away domanas, and possibly corrupting them. The old domn is gathering followers and it's very clear to me he is doing that... I'm certain there is a cult or community of some sort behind this... either this old man is building something or REBUILDING something. I need to find out and if it's the latter as opposed to the prior, he must be brought to justice...

Ezra Bless and protect me, I need your shield now more than ever.

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2013, 02:09:00 PM »

Entry 36

Out of ammo. Yup, out of ammunition. That about sums it up. Staying out of Vallakai and lingering in the Mist Camp where I can't be harmed. The fourth want me dead and the will not dare face the wrath of the Vistani. It was unfortunate I had to blow off my last Improved Invisibility potion. On my way back to the camp I ran into Jayne. I've nu trust for any fourth sect now, regardless of who I have helped in the past or who has helped me. Nu trust for any of them. Not even Imogen who fought alongside me as we faced that necromancer...

Oldman... filhy old man... Petru...

That can't be his name... I know it, I tried talkin to test who has talked to Aurore... no dice but I have a feeling Tess may be lieing anyway, she's always had a strong way with words... she seems to have met that Swine-Man as well. Said about being in the crypts, when I metioned a missing friend she kind of freaked out a little bit until I mentioned it was Aurore...

The pirate is hiding things from me. Says she knows the people I spoke of claiming Petru saved her life. Petru keeps trying this, trying to mask himself... no good person takes a woman beneath the crypts into the tunnel when he himself is a perfectl bun healer, and the morning lord church is a short walks away. Instead he orderded men to beat me, called me a Pitic said I was interfereing. Interfereing with what?

What could have I been interfereing with? The idea was to get the wounded to saftey and have them healed. Safte was right around the corner...

While I'm out here in the Mistcamp I might as well make some use of my time... who to seek out...

Ryl'tar. Ryl'tar has mentioned knowledge of the Nerull Cult before... he might know the truth of Petru, if he is Janos or if he is just an old Necromancer. Regardless justice must be delivered, and if it is Janos... I must end him. End him before he can do what he did to the drain as he did before, end him before he twists Vallakai even more than what it is...

Swine. I still have to find swine... I doubt he's so loyal to Petru... just take him down. Question him simply. Probably the easiest route...

Aurore. She goes by a different name now... but I know she is dangerous, and I sometimes foret her true nature when she shows her face... it's beautiful... too damn beautiful... I should avoid her, or seek her out as a last resort.

Made back my coin rather quickly though... sheesh... was down to about fifteen thousand right back up to twenty six thousand, Made eleven thousand solars at least. Stocks not entirley sold either. I'll need to get Sudhri in for a big order then I can go out playing detective better. I have nu see Lavinia, hope she is quite alright. Nu have I seen Dumas...

All of my friends are going missing... I feel mult lonley these days, fearful too... nu seen Neville eiher. Everything is so troublesome again... I should pray at the stained glass again, it's always so pretty, and it's the most hopeful symbol I have ever seen...

"Cry no more, I shall cry for you"

I need to pray.

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2013, 01:34:30 PM »

Entry 37

Seems the hunt is on... I found a clue yesterday which seemed to have led me to certain death... good thing Gene found me... apparently I was grotesquely half eaten... My last memory was opening that door which is usually locked...

It is him. It has to be...

Janos Baltar.

Insidious and evil man... it seems i'm the only one that could stop him, I can't let the Ezrites get involved... I must not. I can't let Ovidiu gain that kind of power with the count...

I need help more clues... trying to talk to Tess again. Goddammit! she knows something I know she does, the way she says things implicates contradiction. There has to be some sort of clues... I...

BY EZRA!

Radoslav you magnificent bastard!

I need to find a druid

RIGHT NOW.

[the journal is shut quickly as mica runs off searching for a druid]

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2013, 06:26:49 PM »

Entry 38

I had a bad sleep it seems... apparently I was out for days in the Mists. Finally managed to get myself back to the mist camp. Lost my wallet, and the crossbow Gene made for me. Very stressful, did some travelling though and some woman... one of those people with the Cultists, gave me my equipment back and told me to no longer meddle in the affairs. I can't allow them to do what they are doing, despite her kindness... maybe that woman could be saved?

I saw Mini today, always so very happy to see her... really am. She tried speaking to Radoslav, but of course... to no avail. The bear is retarded after all....

I heard some good news however, just so very good news and I wish I was there to witness it myself...

One of the foul beasts that have tormented many, such as myself has been slain! Inquisitor Lacusta at last is dead!

Morgan gave me the news and it opened my eyes like a bell "Ding dong! the inquisitor is dead!" I rubbed my eyes, awoken from the slumber the mists gave me, for the legion was slain! The wicked old inquisitor at least is dead!

Now I can focus on more important and more threatening villains of the core... like the old man and possibly the damned dwarf. Although he's been keeping a very low profile, which is also good. I should remain cautious nonetheless however...

I need to stop the Nerull cult... figure out what the hell it is they are doing... I should see Dredo. Must be worried sick about me.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 03:17:20 PM by Bluebomber4evr »

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2013, 12:50:09 PM »

Entry 39

Good things come to those who wait, that is what has happened... things seem so much more simpiler now. I will remain on my guard regardless however, as I am still in danger because of my curse. There is no inquisitor now, and Frenar has either left, died, or whatever. The pitic is gone! I can be more at ease, that my problems have been removed. Those that have committed evil deeds for now slumber or lie dead. I should take this time to continue my craft and learn all of the things Sudhri had wanted to teach me. For once I can genuinley say I feel very happy, very calmed. I feel like perhaps I can do all the things I want to do: Get stable work, find a good living enviorment, settle down, propose to Mini at the right time, start a family...

Mastering the crafts will take sometime but now that most of my fears are dispelled at the moment I should work feverishly to accomplish I much as I can as quickly as I can. I was always good about being quick. It must be funny to watch me go about myself, I'm sure I amuse Ezra from the heavens. Just little blue caliban scurrying about, getting all excited over the wonderful little things in life: Magical Bags, Herbs, Selling potions, cuddling Mini. I was always a happy person, there's no lieing about my happiness. Even when chased down by the hateful inquisitor and dwarf. I can also now begin to Focus on real threats of the core... such as that damn old man... Who the hell is he?

Nu, nu... I know it must be Janos. It has to be... I remember entering that door and black. That was the old Nerull cult meeting place. Perhaps others have inhabitiated it now? maybe Janos wasn't the only one with a key?

I'm certain they must have moved by now, one of the people claiming to have been there during the black gave me a lot of my stuff back and told me to get lost, to not get involved with their buisness... I can't allow that though, I need to track them down. Tess is not telling me something either, I can feel it in my little blue balls! Even if I did get the dirt from her though... I can't do this alone and I can't have Mini involved...

Does Mini even want to be involved? Involved at all even? I need to lay off of her... she made it clear she doesn't love me. Then tries to tell me she can't return that love but maybe one day she can't. Surley she is afraid to tell me and well, that saddens me. I mean it saddens me but it also makes me melt. That she cares enough to not want to break my heart right away. I can have things, but I can't have everything... I may have some freedom now. Mini though, she's as chained as I once was... maybe not violently so but she certainly must care for me I know it. Perhaps I need to show her more care.

Were caliban ever even meant for this? Companionship? Perhaps not...

I was born into this world alone, I certainly don't wish to die in this world alone. I need to stay strong though. Stray in my heart and my senses. I've accomplished a little bit for a caliban. I truly have.

I convinced a fourth sect sentire to excommunicate a filthy dwarf, I managed to enter the church of Ezra as a layman (I aspire to be a templar but I have a feeling it won't happen... never hurts too mcuh to try though), I've made a stand against those who are fueled by blind hate and ignorance, I stood against many; many who were taller than I, but their heart not quite as big. I have become reknowned as a Master Brewer of sorts, I have saved many lives and asked for nothing in return. I've shown more valiance, love and courage than most caliban and man have ever shown. Perhaps this is my reward? the only reward I have ever truly striven for? Peace. Peace of mind, peace of soul, peace of bind. Just quiet happy living. Sure towns I am unwelcome in must be avoided, yet overall I can live a rather peaceful existence at the moment. I still feel like I am missing that piece of love, maybe Myra. Where is Myra? She was a nice lady, she liked to cuddle me. I love being cuddled! I always do, infact being small is so much fun like that. It's like i'm a little blue teddy bear. I really enjoy that, being carried, being cuddled.

Why though? I'm a fully grown man... well, I mean. As tall as a runt can be that is... I guess I just want the things I was denied. A parent. I think my mother and father would be proud of me though, if they saw what I have accomplished... Enough writing for now. Time to get to brewing, and mixing, and leather working and everything! I want to be just like Sudhri! Amazing nice crafter who is very friendly!

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2013, 02:09:58 PM »

Entry 40

work work work work work work work work work work work work... sleep? what's that? work work work work work work work work work...

Two Ghost Caps, two black worts... poof! deathward.

Smelt the iron, no luck but learned more. Smelt the copper much luck, no learn!

Two wolftails, two bleak caps... poof! Trent's Drugs.

Phew! Been working like a dog and I think I am content to do so... never had a chance to work this hard. Really I never understood how nobles never liked to work...

Troll Intestines... acid varnishes.

Just can't stop the work! gotta work work work work work work work work work work work work work!!!

Everything! What will I do next? Oh I gotta make these too!!!

Why not boots? let's make boots too! just everything... then what? sell it! then what do I buy!?

...what do I buy?

Really, that's actually a good question... what am I supposed to buy!? I've never had a more exciting and more at ease life... really haven't things are much easier for me to focus on... and while I master these crafts I must find something to purchase... maybe something big and stupid. I am not ready for a special crossbow yet... I will need three more seasons of training for that... a very long time... Perhaps I should just save up for that time? I haven't seen lady ana yet however, not sure who i'd buy from...

I got something from Morgan though! oh and bags... lots of bags...

bags work bags work bags work bags work bags work bags work. I'm just very content as of now... but I can't let this distract me... I have a case to work on... JANOS.

No leads other than that door though, and now that I have broken through and that one woman saw me I'm certain they have moved... I'm actually suprised Janos would return to that location. I need to track down Aurore... no idea what the hell i'm going to do with her though, she is a witch... this would make things rather dangerous... perhaps I should subdue her before questioning her? I want to avoid her though too... she's always had a hold on men in a way i've always seen it... I look at her and I turn purple. It's difficult... not even Mini get's me purple that fast, and I actually like Mini.  I'm pretty sure the key to the cult lies in her... or Tess if she would tell me the truth... I mean I think she's lieing... I'm usually very good about spotting out liars... well spotting out anything really. Not much escapes my big yellow orbs...

Now I have a crazy idea... what if I... hmmmmm... it's crazy but... lift my curse? could I figure out a way to do that? How would this help me?  I'll think about it while I work...

[and with that mica ends the overexcited rambalings and starts mining...]

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2013, 01:21:43 PM »
[While not a book entry, this appears to be thoughts of a little blue hero]

Betrayed, all of them... Tess, Ogam, and even Alex. They have betrayed me. Tess, I expected better of you... I really did. How could you Tess? you were my best friend... we played together, we cried together, we've protected and saved one another...

Dredo...

It's not your fault Cage, don't listen to them...

DIE CAGE! DIE!

They ruined her mind, she's become feral. Eating tounges and eyes, clawing at walls...

Weak and pathetic... Old Man... I knew it. I know what he wants, I know what he plans. I'm dead. Like any other bully though, death isn't enough. The old freak get's pleasure from others pain... the do make terrible sadists though. I'm dissapointed that Dredo broke as fast as she did... perhaps I am being cynical but it's true. Now she has left me, I don't have a hand I can hold with so we can get through this together. Dredo is just a former shell of herself. Ezra rest her soul; in her memory I refuse to break. I refuse. I know what they want of me, they want me to lose it all, lose all hope, abandon Ezra, they want to terrorize mem and make my last moments miserable...

The old man is out of his mind if he thinks I'm going to allow him to do this to me. I know how to beat him, it's cruel and beneath me, perhaps it is even evil. I will do this however; I've sworn to it.

I WILL TORTURE HIM.

Torture him, like he can't torture me. They aren't even worth my time. They started doing some sick twisted surgery to Dredo, they punctured my eye. Lost an eye lid and some fingers too... I know those can come back with a regeneration spell. At least, most of that should. I grew up with pain, a lot of it. It's why I'm so strong willed. If they really think smacking me around a bunch is torturous to me then they are fools. It hurts, I know it does, but whats the point if I am going to die then. well, frankly... to hell with it.

I won't give them the pleasure of my screams or cries, not only is there no real point in it anyway; I've not the energy either. They tried me later on again, funniest thing. I'd laugh if it didn't hurt to do so...

They tried physical torment, they tried talking bad at me. They even tried to bring Mini into this. They just kept repeating her name and saying how they were going to bring her in. They tried all other sorts of nonsense as well. They really don't know me. At all. They won't touch Mini. Even if I gave them a crying fit, it wouldn't make much a differece. If they are going to kill me then they will kill Mini next because if they know so much as her full name then I'm certain they'll probably just pick her up, so that way no one will look for me. Then people will just look for her and then eventually they'll be found. They want me to fight, they want to see my aggression, they want to see my hate and anger. I have something they will never have. I have heart. I have a reason to hold on. I have a reason to exist. Some may say that perhaps the biggest failure a child could have was being born a caliban. Whether or not that is true, is subjective. Not important for my point either. What is important however is that I have accomplished a lot, I have failed no one.

This is simply another test. A test to myself. A test I refuse to fail. I have failed no one, not even my birth was a failure. Let's not start failing here. I won't give the old man what he wants, I never will. It doesn't matter what they do or who they do it too. It's bad enough they have Dredo. Screaming, crying, and losing my mind for their enjoyment won't make anything better. If anything it will make things worse.

...I know the truth...
...I make the old man look stupid...
...I remind him the truth of things; not all caliban can be controlled...
...I remind him that he is a weak old man. He can't hope to acomplish anything on his own...
...I know what he plans, and he'll simply be swept under the rug by those stronger than him...
...I see what you are Old Man. I see what you are...

...NOBODY...

The old coot sat me down and tried to talk with me. At first he wanted to take control. I told him to shut up in my own little way, and I dominated the conversation. It's scary that we are so different. I so pure and him so vile and corrupt; and yet we share some things in common. A will power far greater than what our bodies portray. I a small runt, him a weak old venerable man. With the willpower as great and mighty as gods themselves. Were both outcasts from our own worlds. Were both freaks. Freaks in our own way. Yet there is a difference. In my chest there is a golden, warm, light of love. In his an old cold stone, wheathered by the ages. Followers he may have, but I have friends and people who love me. Those are things he will never have, and never comprehend.

I bit him, I showed him my defiance, I set him on fire and watch him be reminded of the flames that once scarred his flesh. I controlled a conversation over him while I was the one tied up, blattered and bloody. You may have me old man. You may have me but in the end...

I WON.

Kill me. Torture me. Ruin the world I live in. It doesn't matter, because much like Vallakai and Barovia... you will NEVER have ME.

They tried to lie to me, my lady in the mists. They lied to me. They tried to tell me, you were false, that you couldn't possibly be with me. What they don't know is that it's you that has always kept me going, and even now I am still going. If I cannot slay the legions of evil, I will not allow them to torment me.

There is no need to cry, no need to whimper, no need to scream. She is with me even in the dark, this is a test. A final test perhaps, but a test nonetheless. I refuse to fail myself or Ezra. That is why, you lose old man. That is why you lose.

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2013, 11:38:33 AM »
Seems the old mans servants killed me at some point. Cost him some diamonds. So far so good... ugh.

I'm determined to make my captivity as painful as humanly possible for all those filty heathens. I think they are growing bored of trying to torment me physically, it wasn't working anyway. Their cheap shots of getting into my skull have also been equally weak. I don't know whats happening with Dredo...

The old bastard sat me down fo a chat... tried to offer me food and drink. I denied him, I don't want his pity. Afterall he caused this. Then he tried to sit me down and talk to me...trying to be nice, trying to justify his metods and means. I should have spat in his face again. Of course, I've done enough of that. I made my point to the old man, no need to outright defy him further to beat him at his own cruel games. I followed him for that chat, e tried offering me food and water again, and again I declined.

It became clear to me, he didn't understand. Janos doesn't understand the world or the concept of friendship and love. I always will though. Asked me a question, he asked me... to choose...
"I'm considering letting one of you two live. Choose which one of you lives, and which one of you dies."

I always lived my life, a selfless existence. I told him to let Dredo live. She's more to live for seeing as I am a caliban.

The bastard asked Pirate the question as well, Pirate is a cultist that was once the woman named Tess. From a sea faring thief she became a derranged hurtful freak that lives life in constant lie. Lieing to justify her actions, lieing to herself in order to believe she is still Tess. Tess died, pirate is here now. She chose me to live because she believes I will suffer more. I don't understand how someone so kind can be so depraved. There is no helping her though. I simply have to move on. I'm used to this by now, caliban weren't meant to have friends after all. I have Mini though...and I will hold on to her. Not just her, but Warn too. Never give up... never give up...

Never Give up. Never Surrender!

Ezra, keep guiding me through this difficult time... I'm going to make it out. Either alive, or delivered to you. Whichever way it goes, I will not surrender my self...

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2013, 02:03:16 PM »
Weakened and scared the little blue runt had been thrown into the chair, his eye cut out and destroyed... they brought dredo in. The runt couldn't acknowledge. They lied to her, they told her he picked himself... he showed otherwise. The caliban muttered to Dredo.

"I...I want you...to live... I love you"

The shell of a woman that was once known as Aurore had become fed up with the two short people and their willingness to keep one another alive. The shell made the choice for Dredo... and he was no more.

The blue runt, now a shade of grey. The blue hero now a sad gargoyle, all of his friends have turned on him. all of them. Tess, Ogam, Alex. Never truly cared for the creature and his struggle, they were slaves to a dark master. Dredo couldn't take it... they did this to him. How could they?

The sad eye of the statue, a tear upon it turned to stone... Dredo did it, dredo delved into darkness and with her first...

Shattered... she cried. They told her they would help, did it help? It is this night Ezra cried. The shattered stone lay there on the floor... collected by the dark master. For what purpose? It isn't known...

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2013, 02:16:40 PM »

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2013, 01:56:12 PM »
Death would be too good for the caliban however... the rubble was collected and the creature rose...

At what cost though? The little blue hero known as Micajah would be no more... a shell of his former self and nothing more...

In the blue creatures reflection all he saw was pain and torment.. once proud of his face, once proud of who he was... he was stricken with gloom and deep depression.

The old man, like a falkovnian army. Battered and beaten the caliban to a pulp, but in the end he would rise victorious against him in his own way, only... the little caliban would never know.

All he saw, all he felt, all he dreamed of. Betrayl, hate, his curse, his eternal and un-ending curse. The cultists refused to give him peace... instead he would live out the rest of his days a tortuted hermit.

Sad

Alone

Defeated

Destroyed

Perhaps it was cruel fate that would keep him around to be further tormented. The victory while in the inner sanctum would not ever truly be known to him...

Perhaps it was cruel fondness that prevented the little runt from destroying himself, to liberate himself of the darkness that is... Ravenloft.

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
The Burden of a Cursed One - The Story of a little blue caliban
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2013, 12:25:27 PM »
Entry 41

Whatever the hell happened to me... I can't let it happen again.

New armor. Metal boots, metal sleeves with spikes, pauldrons with spikes. I don't want anything to touch me... soon they'll call me a little blue porcupine, I don't care.

Aerie... reminds me mult of Mini...

Mini where the hell are you!? When I need you the most you are gone.

The whole world is gone I can't trust anyone... Neville, Warn, Erolith, Mini, Trent trust them some... but everyone else Nu.

Aerie maybe too... I'm back in Barovia now, I seriously need to just start brewing. All of this must END. I need to find a purpose, a truth.

All of this MUST END.

This curse must be lifted, I must leave the core some how... escape to an outlander world and never return, or I shall die. Die to protect others from the cruelty of hate...

Met a man of Ezra today, said his name was Spasic that he was looking for me.Said I was a hot topic of debate in the church of Ezra. Bun, i'm doing good. A debate means people consider and or are fighting for my acceptance. Not that it matters... the world hates me and I've little to fight for. Koryan... where are you...

I've nobody but Mini, who the hell am I kidding?

Now that falkovnian from the 4th wants me dead according to spasic... The 4th just keep trying their crap... they just keep coming and coming.

Ovidiu is dead, he will remain that way. I'm sick and tired of the running, and being picked up randomly to find myself weakned and hurt...

This time I lost an eye... and Ezra i've been so upset... been having nightmares... I need to become stronger... I need to prepare myself for my own final battle to come.

My torment must end. If I can make it out of this torment alive I WILL do it.

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2013, 01:59:31 PM »
Entry 42

I did what I have sworn against... Ezra help me...

I've gone against myself... I've... I've...

I have committed sin.

An evil necromancer she was, jaded I was. Attacked me and a morning lordian in the crypts... No mercy.

I KILLED HER

I committed murder, even though she was evil... I should have tried... I should have helped her...

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME!? I PROMISED TO NEVER KILL!!!

I have murderded the Ice Queen...

Ezra have mercy on my soul, I did nu mean to do such a vile act! Ezra hear me please...

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2013, 12:54:21 PM »
Entry 43

I felt so happy again... everything was back to normal. No more sighing or crying, no more violent outbursts, I even shed my heavy metal! But only because she was there...

Never leave me Mini... please, never leave me. I have endured long... all of my fears are rather quiet these days, with garda being the only real exception. Frenar's out, Ovidiu is Dead, the only issue now is that the garda are more active than ever and of course my brothers in the church...

Everyday feels like the end draws nearer and nearer... not while she is around though. Mini lights up my life... I don't know what I'd do if I lost her... I only wish she could truly return my love, me and her can settle down... go to Mordent. live in the woods, have our own little cabin... I can see it now... EZRADAMMIT HOW I WANT THAT!

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2013, 02:19:30 PM »
Entry 44

Going home. Yup, right at the drain. Went with Dumas too. Home sweet home, oh Ezra it's hard to say that with a straight face. I heard there has been some more caliban activity, the drain is waking up some. I've heard rumors of Frenar's return from Ezra knows what.

I should speak with, the caliban there. Teach them the right way, train them to surrvive. They don't deserve to suffer how I have, and they won't know about the genocidal dwarf and the garda. Well they'll know about the garda but they are less dangerous than the mountain pitic. The mountain pitic kills you on sight, the garda just tell you to get out in the rudest way humanly possible.

My potions to brew will help them too. This is the last thing I want to leave behind before I am ready. Going to teach these caliban kids a thing or two... help them, give them the words I needed. Then seek out Mini, ask her to end this. Ask her to retire with me, to marry me. Start a happy carefree existence with me amongst the elves of Deggannwy. They should allow me that peace... afterall I was good friends with Warn and Erolith who were there often, and the Elf Legos showed me no trouble at all either. They seem to really only dislike the Dark Elves. Which can be understandable, to a degree. I have heard outlander stories of the Drow. It isn't good.

Yep, going to help these caliban. Show them the right way, settle down with Mini. Every great adventurer has to stop at some point, and perhaps I have been too angry and upset with myself. I know waking up in the mists missing an eye has left me rather dark and horribly paranoid... Mini helps me see the light. I feel a lot more normal with my close friends around. Dumas, Lavinia, Mini, Trent, Neville. I have a lot of good and loving friends... I've done so much in my time too!

I, a mere runt allowed myself to be pushed by nobody. I stood strong and unbending like Eliza once said. none of the bullies of the core truly got over me. Ovidiu, was defeated in an unceremonious and fitting way. Only Heris and Heinrych really care about finding his corpse. Which I'm fairly certain is just a big lump of troll fecal matter now. Frenar, despite his superior combat prowess I stood stronger. The Goldenhammer clan diminished down to only Frenar and his husband Stump, by my hand I convinced the 4th Sect Sentire to excommunicate the dwarven wretch, I have showed to him despite his blind and ignorant ways that his arm strength and his axe truly mean nothing. Me, locals, and even outlanders lent me their strength to rise against him and tell him that we would not stand for this injustice, not only did they lend their arm strength but they lent an even more powerful muscle: their hearts. Feelings, kindness, love. Things that poor excuse for a hairy pitic will never understand.

I traveled, made friends with even some of the most unlikley individuals. From officers in the Vallakai garda, to even the Falkovnians. I've won the hearts of superstitious barovian locals, and I was able to publicly manage to join the faith of Ezra. While in that faith I have done what Ovidiu failed to do. Acquire genuine converts. Frenar was never interested in the faith to begin with, I proved that to the sentire; others were simply yet poorly brainwashed. Me? I showed people Ezra's light. The true meaning of love, peace, and healing. The truth of forgiveness and trying to helpt hose shrouded in darkness to see the light as opposed to being consumed by it. I did what other Ezrites could never hope to do, seeing the good in a creatures heart. Warn may have been legion but he was a good wise man that pointed me in the right direction. Without him, I don't think I would be the man I am today. Instead I'd be some revenge driven and angry shell of myself. Koryan, stood for me where no others ever would... Koryan and Warn were both like fathers to me. We taught eachother things, I taught Koryan that the true nature of an individual does not lie within the visage of an individual, but rather the character and heart of that individual.

I have slain beasts, foul and dangerous. I have plenty of stories to tell young aspiring caliban, put them on a righteous path as Warn once did with me. I have fought against the evil Ice Witch who had slaughtered so many in Barovia. While I did kill her, and while it was deeply tough on me. I am proud to say that I saved many lives to come including those of a light carrier. People I can respect despite our differences. I learned to hate not of a person but the actions they do. What they are was never important it's who they are. I've taught others that same teaching.

I pushed myself while no other caliban would. I made sure I achieved, at all costs. I learned to read, to write, to brew, and I even learned alchemistry. I taught myself what a dementlieuese university teacher wasn't man enough to teach me.

Many believe that the hero IS the knight in shining armor, that the hero IS a killer of the black knight, that the hero saves pretty damsels.

What I have learned in my experince has taught me otherwise.

The hero is the one that can stand for what he believes in. For righteous ideals and true justice. The hero makes a stand against evil even when he is out numbered.

The hero is not the killer of a black knight. The hero is a fighter of the black knight, whose blade is forged with love, peace, and understanding. Not vengance and hate.

The hero is not just a savior of damsels, he is a savior to all who have hope, who strive for freedom, who strive for justice. The hero saves those who suffer, with or without reward. In the end it dosn't matter. What does matter is the good that comes out of his actions.

The hero, at the end of it all. Stands. Stands proud. Stands proud, looks over the world. No matter how cruel the world is, no matter how cruel the world is to him. The hero stands PROUD. The hero can see his accomplishments from atop. With a firm, unexaggerated, unmodest, and sincere voice he can say:

"I did this. I made the difference."

I did this. I made the difference. I went the distance that others were too afraid to take or weren't brave enough to take.

I AM A HERO

I am the light in the dark, the guide for the lost, the savior of those who can be saved, a symbol of hope for all of those who need something to look up to.

Freedom isn't free. My name is Micahjah, friends call me Cage; and ironically so. My life has been a massive cage. The door locked by the foul witch craft that so cursed me, these cold iron bars made by those with ignorance and hate for what they do not understand. I would not be caged up however. I would not let those iron bars hold me back.

This is what it means to be a hero. This is truly what it means to be a hero. I can only hope the legacy I leave behind will be one to be revered by caliban for ages to come. I can only hope that my legacy helps lead those who are weak and lost on a path towards salvation and hope.

Ezra, I have asked too much of your blessings... there are others who need them. Others who should be given the chance, the challenge, the path, the help. That I have been given. My prayers are witht he lost misguided calibans, the people who helped me be all who I could be, and my prayers lie with Warn and Erolith who I am sure are very happy together in the forests. Hear my prayers, Ezra... help them. Help them stay strong. Give them what I deserve, as I only deserve as much as I can give; and from this small blue grotesque body. I give them all of my love. All of my love and nothing less.

Ezra bless thy world, five fold.

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
Re: HERO - The Story of a little blue caliban
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2013, 12:42:12 PM »
Entry 45

Back in the drain, met another Runt named Spider... of course Biter was there too... and a biggun' named Fero. Says a new gang must be started, Spider wants me to lead. I remember who lead these tunnels in teh past...

Senies, That wicked old man.... I'll need to toughen up some, but perhaps I have already done that in a way. I'm not the same as I used to be. I think this is needed, it's time. Time to usher in a new era...

The other caliban are right. While I do, do good for our kind. While I have fought bravley agaisnt those who would threaten us with death and damnation. I have not been n my home long enough, and perhaps I have forgotten my roots. I will not support evil, or command the caliban as my pawns. They are my bretherine and I WILL protect them, not use them to help advance some silly cult.

Fero talks of different times... times of Sennies, times of the old man. I told him their time is over, it's our time now.

Our time to usher in a new era of hope for the caliban, a new era of proper freedoms. Runts and biggun's should be protected. We can't have the surface, then these sewers are ours. The garda are coming down here I have heard, Frenar is back in town. It's time to end this. Time to defend my home, as a guardian, as a boss. I was a very nice little runt but perhaps it is now time to be firmer than before. It's all fun and games until you lose an eye. I lost an eye. I'm not very strong but i'm smart and strong diplomatically than the others. Even having befriended the grey witch, the wayfarers, the light carriers, even the church of Ezra knows of me and has a degree of respect for me.

It's our time now... they wanted a name, they said a name wasn't necessary. I told them we would be "The Nameless". A woman gave me a lot of herbs to work with, we have an evil dwarf to dispose of and garda to push back. They guard our well at noapte. Preventing us from coming out. They break the laws of old noapte, or "Our Time". It is time we took our time back. If I will not be given the proper freedoms during the day, I will nto allow my brothers to be penalized at noapte.

I told myself, adventuring was over. It is, I will now lead and guide. Wander lust is over. I have wanderded so others need not to.
Some caliban, hold my name in respects. Others with grudging respect. I don't care how I'm percieved, my interests lie in the saftey of my brothers and sisters down here. The time to reclaim old noapte is now. Long enough have we taken hits, been brutally battered and wounded. Caliban maybe misformed, we may not have asked to look like this, we never demanded respect. We just wanted to live... but now they push their hate and evil too far...

The Nameless will usher in a new era for the drain. Ezra have mercy on us all.

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2013, 11:10:31 AM »
Entry 46

Decided to stay in today. Keep the drain moving along, making potions. Running out of coins however... time to skulk out and put up some advertisement. I'm easily the best potion maker the core has to offer. I can make anything without failure, and I could really use the coin. Spring isn't around and my stock is rather huge... time to stock up on cash, give a fair share to the drain so equipment and improvements to the tunnels can be bought. There is a lot of work to be done. So much work to be done. If I am to be the next drain gang Boss, I will need to do my part. I wil not only need to do my part but go above and beyond as well. Cage, Spider, Fero. The Nameless Three are we.

Enough writing, time to get to some serious work.

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2013, 02:18:25 AM »
Entry 47

The tables are turned for once... spoke with Boss Knives... made a buisness deal... goddamn topsie came down.

I took her eye out with a cigar. Same punishment I got for going topside and fooling around.

an eye for an eye as they say.