Author Topic: La Bougie  (Read 11719 times)

La Bougie

• New to the Mists
La Bougie
« on: February 05, 2013, 08:28:58 PM »

//please pm me if your interested.

La Bougie

• New to the Mists
Re: La Bougie
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 07:12:43 PM »

The first to correctly complete the puzzle and submit their work will win 10,000 solars!

A new play, a new director, a new future for the Théâtre de la Cathédrale.

The curtains rise in the Théâtre de la Cathédrale as a new creative director is hired on a temporary basis by Dr. Wymmer Drukker, its newest manager. The new play, a tragedy and morality play entitled 'The Changeling', promises to be an ambitious and entertaining production.

The guest director, an eccentric man from the isle of Liffe named Ardmor Marziale, has a lot to prove, particularly against the works of the much beloved Absalom Nightlyre and the peculiar Blythe Harvey, but there can be no doubt that we will all be watching to see what he can accomplish on the stage and off.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:13:24 AM by La Bougie »

La Bougie

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 09:40:25 AM »

SOCIAL
In this, our most serene Republic of Dementlieu, things move a bit quicker than in other regions of the Core. As the leaders in academia, philosophy, and art we are in the vanguard of civilization's constant struggle for a better world. Our actions set a precedent for other enlightened regions of the Core to follow, and we unflinchingly press on to reach for that next rung of the ladder, to continue to elevate ourselves from the barbarous. For those reasons people from all around the core flock to our Republic in hopes of attaining that culture, civility, and security for themselves, and their families. Despite our best intentions to share all the bounty of our more refined lifestyle with all who would seek it, there will always be those who have fallen by the wayside. The Council of Brilliance has numerous programs to help those less fortunate and members of the Gentry are constantly arranging charitable events and programs, so it can be argued that these people who have fallen by the wayside are simply not making the effort that they could to improve their own situation. Still there are some that live in desperation, poverty and squalor that no one could blame; the children.

It's no secret that there are many children in the poorer areas of our Republic that may be neglected by their parents or without them entirely. It is for this reason that there has been a call to action by some members of the privet sector for the establishing of an orphanage in the city of Port-a-Lucine. While some make the call to The Council of Brilliance, others know that they have a plethora already to be dealt with and have decided to help start the project themselves. The woman leading this charge is Madame Sabel and while she is a self described "stranger to these lands" she has many great ideas to bring some comfort and assistance to these unfortunate children. "The mission here is to provide a safe home for children who are ill cared for or not at all in Port and surrounding country." Madame Sabel says. She is currently seeking to collaborate her efforts with other charitable organizations, as well as seeking sponsors to assist in funding. " In time I hope to draw interest of men and women of education to help in teaching the children." Madame Sabel added  "The short term goals are to see children eating, warm, and taught.  The long term are to see them growing into productive citizens of the city and not thugs in the street or worse, dead." Madame Sabel will eventually seek the assistance of The Council of Brilliance, but only after she has the backing and support she feels is needed to actualize this project.

Madame Sable's endeavor will require much assistance, and she hopes to reach out to the general population to aid her " I am seeking any interested parties who can provide care, toys, teaching, food, blankets, even security, and management is desired.  Any individual who has the desire to aid is welcomed." Despite her strong desire to see this plan through, Madame Sabel remains realistic saying "This is still an idea and no matter how good, it may not see fruition as I hope, so I want any who come forward to be aware.  This needs hard work and patience." We at Le Bougie wish her all the best in her project, and encourage any who may feel the same to join her in her cause. For it is the opinion of this author that Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see.

ART
Know that if you haven't seen Ardmor Marziale's latest tragedy, "The Changeling", the last opportunity you'll have to do so will be on February 23rd, at 6:00 PM ((EST/GMT -5)) - that's today, mesdames et messieurs!

Based in part on fairy-tales told as cautionary fables by parents to their children, make no mistake: this show isn't one you want to bring your children to. With all that happens, particularly within the third act of the play, it can definitely be said that there's no hope of a 'happily-ever-after' here. Nevertheless, it is highly entertaining and features an all-star cast... so if you haven't seen it yet, then do so, otherwise you'll forever have to do without... and THAT would be a tragedy!

OTHER
We'd like to congratulate Dalia Santiar Torralyn for being the first to successfully complete out last issue's word puzzle. Enjoy your ten thousand Solars!

Answers to last issues puzzle:

Guignol - Surname of our lord-governor of Dementlieu
Pernault - Name of the bay on which Port-a-lucine sits
Ludendorf - Capitol city of Lamordia
Richemulot - The treaty of the four towers in an agreement between Dementlieu, Borca, Mordent and this nation.
Jalabert - A family well-known and respected for its patronage of the arts, it is one of the most respected in Port-a-Lucine.
Merda - The infamous leader of the red-sashed insurrectionists, executed for attempted assassination of our minister of law.
Chantreaux - War and Defense Adviser, Council of Brilliance.
Kharkov - Baron and ruler of Valachan.
Balok - Native language of Invidia,
Musarde - A river running north to south in Richemulot.
Crawford - The westernmost settlement of Mordent
Nigramous - The southermost lake in Dementlieu.
Stangengrand - Settlement on the Falkovnia, Darkon Border.
Saniset - Largest forest in Nova Vaasa.
Vodun - Popular religion among natives of Souragne.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 09:46:47 AM by La Bougie »

La Bougie

• New to the Mists
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 02:40:36 AM »
We are still seeking new writers and investigative reporters for our paper. Any and all submissions are welcome, please address any submitted article to La Bougie care of The presses du Savoir ((Forum PM is fine)). We will be paying fifteen solars a word to freelance writers with much potential for an increase in salary.
Articles submitted to La Bougie are at our digression to publish or not, only those chosen for publication will be compensated.

La Bougie

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 07:35:59 PM »

A HAUNTING?
By: Constance Sèverin

This is an exclusive interview with Creative Director of Le Theatre de la Cathedrale, Ardmor Marziale, regarding the events that unfolded at his murder mystery party that led to the death of one nobleman, whose name shall not be mentioned out of respect for the family. Could this have been a show taken too far by the threatre? Or a mass hallucination induced by the true killer? Or could even this be the case of a true haunting? That is for you, the reader, to decide.

Constance: What event was the Theatre de la Cathedrale hosting?

Ardmor Marziale: We were hosting the murder mystery party, which took place in the recently purchased estate of Lord Antoine de Souris in the Quartier Savant. We were looking for an event that could get everyone who was part of the 'audience' so to speak involved.

Constance: You were told of rumors this estate was haunted, yes?

Ardmor Marziale: Oui, we were told rumors, but that is all we received.. one of the terms Lord Antoine de Souris set for us, in return for lending us his estate, was to spend the evening there and inform him of our findings.

Constance: No one at the party knew of this arrangement?

Ardmor Marziale: They were informed once.. things started to go awry. At the time, I thought nothing of it. We had received great critical acclaim from producing "The Changeling", and I did not wish to make it seem like we were resting on our laurels.

Constance: And what happened when things began to go awry?

Ardmor Marziale: Well.. one nobleman decided to take part in the festivities, and take on the persona of a gendarme for the evening's event. He was searching for 'the murderer', who was an actress who was a part of our troupe. We found him later in a room upstairs, surrounded by pools of blood.. looking as though he was bludgeoned by a chair leg.

Constance: What happened after the nobleman's murder?

Ardmor Marziale: We heard what sounded like the laughter of a child coming from the cellar. A newborn baby... Some of the partygoers ventured down into the cellar.. I stayed near the trap door leading down, and after several minutes, we heard screams coming from below.. Suddenly, people emerged, soaking wet.. the cellar was waterlogged. It was as though the house itself was trying to slay us.

Constance: And no one tried to escape?

Ardmor Marziale: The door was locked. When I tried to use the key that I had, I found that it did not work.. When we tried to break a window and escape that way, we found.. a pulsating.. bleeding wall of flesh behind the glass..

Constance: Yet you escaped somehow.. How was it you managed this?

Ardmor Marziale: Eventually, we came into contact with the spirit that was dwelling in the house.. it was a young girl, whose skeleton and.. what we assume was the skeletons of her parents.. was up in the attic. The spirit apparently was.. calmed by a lullaby.

Constance: Do you think that spirit is at rest now-- do you think the house is non longer haunted?

Ardmor Marziale: By singing the lullaby to the little girl, we were able to put it to rest, and have her rejoin her parents.. at least, that is what we believe. Something terrible took place in that house, though it is hard to say as to what it was. We thought we lost one of our own troupe members to that house, when the wall sucked him in.. but we later got correspondence from him, saying he was safe and sound. A bit shaken by the incident, but otherwise fine.

Constance: No doubt one could speculate on what happened to that family.. What about you, though..? One man died.. others were put in mortal danger.. Do you feel at all responsible? Remorse? Regret?

Ardmor Marziale: I feel somewhat responsible, still.. What was meant to be a simple game turned out to be much more than that, and I should have done research on the house before I allowed the party to commence.

Constance: Any parting words you'd like to make as we conclude this interview?

Ardmor Marziale: Only that if you see the estate of Lord Antoine de Souris.. one should be aware of what might dwell within. What might stir inside.. If you enter the house for whatever reason, who knows? You might be next.

La Bougie

• New to the Mists
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 11:42:17 PM »

NOTICE:
Sources report of a madman having slaughtered an entire group of unarmed beggars squatting in an abandoned warehouse in the Quartier Ouvrier and, when questioned over his actions and behavior, violently assaulted a Madame Siobhan Crowley, associated with the Théâtre de la Cathédrale's regular troupe. This lunatic, reportedly Darkonese male, with olive skin and black short-cut hair, wears antiquated clothing with a bright red cloak and goes by the name of Sergius.

It is recomended you be wary should you travel with this man, for it's said he has little compunction with regards to harming those who are weaker than he. If seen, reports should be made out to the Gendarmerie regarding his heinous actions and crimes. He shall likely not confine his acts of depravity to the Quartiers Marchand et Ouvrier.

La Bougie

• New to the Mists
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 11:59:11 PM »
La Bougie - Issue Five

CRIME:
PROFILE OF A MADMAN

In this exclusive interview with a surviving victim of reported madman and murder, Sergius, Siobhan Crowley details her experience with the man and how, slowly, his violent nature became abundantly clear.

Siobhan Crowley: We first met him in the Publique, though Ardmor had said they battled giants ants together once before.
Constance Sèverin: So, Ardmor was acquainted with the man?
Siobhan Crowley: Aye, barely though.
Constance Sèverin: And what happened from there that led to the incident?
Siobhan Crowley: We walked to the Outskirts to listen to a story he wanted to tell us. Was about Sirens of the sea. At the end of the story, which was really good too, he read from a scroll... After speaking with Quinn about the scroll and reciting some of the words he told me that the spell he was trying to cast on us would have struck us dead instantly should he succeeded.
Constance Sèverin: So he first tired to murder you in the outskirts using magics?
Siobhan Crowley: Aye.
Constance Sèverin: What happened when you found out? Sources say he ended up slaughtering beggars-- did this happen afterward?.
Siobhan Crowley: Well we nay knew what that scroll was meant to do until much later...so we all traveled to Ouvrier to hunt for bounties. Now we all know some children take ta the streets...usually we knock 'em out, spank 'em and send 'em home to their mamas... Well, he speared a wee girl, right through...then dumped her body on the side of the street. We asked him nay to do that again... and he agreed. So then he tells us he found a warehouse full of criminals and he was going to kill them.
Constance Sèverin: And you simply went on from there, after such a violent act?
Siobhan Crowley: Honestly, we tried to leave...but he followed us. Then when I saw him go into that warehouse which I knew to be a refuge fer the homeless...
Constance Sèverin: And that's when you saw him slaughtering the homeless?
Siobhan Crowley: I tried to stop him once he was inside but he moved so quickly. I took out my axe and started swinging at him, trying to make him stop killing the innocent people.
Constance Sèverin: And he hurt you..?
Siobhan Crowley: When he was done killing the homeless he turned on me...hitting me until I was bleeding on the ground. Ardmor got me back on I feet and this man was laughing about all the killing he had done... saying they were criminals for sleeping somewhere that nay belonged to them, he was doing the city a favor.
Constance Sèverin: Very well.. And for the record, do you know if this man remains in Port-a-Lucine, or has plans to return?
Siobhan Crowley: I've nay a clue honestly.
Constance Sèverin: So, once more for the record. You would say this man is dangerous, very well trained, and uses death magics?
Siobhan Crowley: Aye, exactly.

Again, La Bougie urges any sightings of a man fitting the description in last edition's special notice, to immediately inform the Gendarmerie. It is clear this is not only a mad man, but one who is armed, extremely dangerous, and known to use death magics. Though his current location may be unknown, all due caution is recommended in travelling the lower districts especially. As Siobhan shows us, the man may be disarming at first, even good company. Do not let this fool you-- do not become his next victim.
AN AKIRI MYSTERY: GILLES LAROUCHE ROBBED OF ARTIFACTS

The first in a multi-part edition behind the mystery of the Akiri artifacts stolen from Gilles Larouche.

Thus far, I've been unable to arrange an interview with Gilles Larouche himself, but two sources involved in tracking down the thief from the recent heist on Gilles Larouche's jewelry store tell quite an interesting story. It began with a man from the University why claimed to have the ability to place system of magical alarms in Larouche's jewelry store to increase security. Little did Gilles Larouche know, this man intended these alarms to aid him in the robbery of multiple Akiri artifacts that night. My two sources tell me they were able to talk to Gilles Larouche the next time, who told them the Akiri artifacts were recently acquired and worth quite the sum in solars. Upon learning of this suspect man who placed magical alarms the night before, my two sources went to investigate the man from the University. Upon confrontation, he confessed, and my sources tell me the thief said he worked for someone else known as the 'Cat Lady'. My sources went with this thief to meet the cat lady, whose name I'm told is quite appropriate, as a herd of house cats were present where she was supposed to meet the thief. Later, my sources and the thief met with the Cat Lady herself, who had apparently used her charms to influence the man from the University into becoming a thief. The Cat Lady claimed the Akiri artifacts belonged to her and her husband, and they were to be returned to their rightful place. A further twist my sources inform me of is they began to notice they were speaking to an illusion, and one the Cat Lady vanished, there was naught but a desiccated corpse left in her wake, like that of a mummy.

To summarize, my sources claim a mummy was actually behind the heist that took place at Gilles Larouche's jewelry store. Could this be the case, or could this Cat Lady be a master thief still on the loose? Are the shops of Port-a-Lucine safe from this Cat Lady now? Where did the artifacts come from in the first place? More to come in the next edition of 'An Akiri Mystery'.

La Bougie

• New to the Mists
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 07:16:51 PM »

BRUTISH KILLER STRIKES AGAIN

Four now dead in a series of senseless murders!

It has been a series of four murders now that have robbed Port-a-Lucine of beloved members of the artistic community. A single, remorseless killer seems to be behind these atrocious acts of violence. The first victim, an actor, had the skin of his face peeled away. The second, a cellist, had her right hand removed. The third, a singer, had her throat slit. The fourth, a lute player who often performed with the third victim, had his left hand removed. Each victim also had a portion of their backs flayed in a grisly, amateur fashion. Clearly, the killer has no respect for the arts or for the sanctity of life itself. Although not members of the gentry, these artists contributed to the atmosphere that Port-a-Lucine is renowned for, and they will be sorely missed. Our hearts go out to those family affected by these heinous acts against the arts. As a patron of the arts myself, I abhor this killer for what he has robbed our great city of and pray this monster is brought to justice soon. Until then, it is advisable all who perform on the streets avoid the Marchand and Ouvrier Quartiers at night, as all murders appear to have taken place in these quartiers during the evening hours, and there is no telling what this inhuman killer is capable of.

I feel I speak for the families when I write that I hope this monstrous amateur suffers for the injustices he has caused, not only to the arts, but to very the people of Port-a-Lucine.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 08:59:11 PM by La Bougie »

La Bougie

• New to the Mists
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 09:00:34 PM »
BREAKING NEWS: Poisoners Strike At Event

A pair of halflings of indeterminate origin, clad in black and bearing unusual accents, created havoc at an event hosted by the Théâtre de la Cathédrale in the Blooming Rose by poisoning drinks of a whole table with cyanide. A Borcan actor who serves as a member of the Théâtre’s troupe tested the poisoned drink, and is now in critical condition at an unspecified location.

Evidence points to the intended target of the poisoning to be none other than Dr. Wymmer Drukker, the proprietor of the Clockwork Goose, famed businessman and philanthropist. The halflings are assumed to be still at large, and should be considered extremely dangerous – notify the gendarmerie immediately if these two are seen. More on this story as it develops.

La Bougie

• New to the Mists
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 07:39:17 AM »
La Bougie - Issue Six

COMMERCE
JADE AND CRIMSON: CHANGES IN THE BUSINESS OF FOREIGN IMPORTS

Clockwork Goose goes private.

Since my interview with Dr. Drukker, it had been twenty days ago that the Clockwork Goose went private. Months in the making, the move was unanimously supported by Dr. Drukker's staff and hailed as a change that would mean a better future for both the company and the clients. But who are the clients now? Dr. Drukker identifies them as bulk-ordering individuals, or merchants themselves, who are reputable individuals. And who decides whether or not the individual is 'reputable'? Dr. Drukker himself. In the interview, he made no effort to conceal his clientele was now a system of favoritism, claiming he had every right to this. Does he?

To answer this, I look back to the founding of the Clockwork Goose. The Clockwork Goose started as a means to fund Dr. Drukker's research. He began by selling products from his studies in alchemy and herbalism, then began buying and reselling items. This was at a time when there was a void of services offering this in Vallaki, Barovia, where there is a high population of adventuring individuals. From this meager beginning, the Clockwork Goose was meant to serves as a means to an end, and now every employee of the Clockwork Goose has more coin then they'll likely ever need, according to Dr. Drukker. This served as one of the reasons for privatization.

Another reason? Managing a business that has grown so large as the Clockwork Goose became too taxing on his energy, Dr. Drukker stated. It begs the question if someone who wasn't as occupied as Dr. Drukker, who also manages the Théâtre de la Cathédrale, would be more capable of managing a business of the size the Clockwork Goose has grown. Dr. Drukker stated clearly he has no intentions of handing over the reigns of his company for another to mange, despite having confessed business has suffered since the move to privatize, but stated "Yes, we could be making more money, but we don't need to be". In the business of imported goods, there will certainly be some who will continue to seek out the Clockwork Goose for its old services, and they may well be disappointed. Dr. Drukker remains adamant that only catering to a select clientele is within his right to do, and has said he has no plans to revert to being open to the public anytime soon.

The Red Vardo Traders hails a new Captain.

A service based out of Krezk, Barovia, this name has been around Port-a-Lucine for some time now, and in its time, it has seen some interesting leadership. Often, that leadership was less than colorful in who was hired and how business was conducted. Originally from Kartakass, the new Captain Gale always dreamed of living in Port-a-Lucine. In an interview with her, she said she considers this her home now, and she appears to take her inherited role very seriously. Under her leadership, the Théâtre de la Cathédrale has received a great deal of patronage, including a donation of 100,000 solars, and the co-sponsoring of a recent event that sought to raise solars for both the Théâtre and the poor.

Still, one can question the intent of such patronage when the Red Vardo Traders branch of Vallaki, Barovia, employs individuals such as Gyle, a black-skinned Fey from a society where butchering people or enslaving them was considered entirely acceptable. Captain Gale made certain, however, to say she would never hire such individuals on her own watch, and thus far her Lieutenant, Steyr Bannon, has done well to prove himself above the reputation the Red Vardo seems to drag along.

Whether or not Captain Gale can make the Red Vardo Traders a reputable organization in Port-a-Lucine is still within question, but her actions clearly show a move in the right direction. Anyone can speculate on intent, but the results are clear that under Captain Gale's leadership, the Théâtre de la Cathédrale has seen much generosity, and with the recent date auction co-sponsored by the Red Vardo Traders, in which Captain Gale herself was offered up, the poorer citizens of this city have stood to benefit. What the future holds is uncertain, but if the current direction Captain Gale is taking the Red Vardo Traders continues, it seems clear the city stands only to benefit.

CRIME
BREAKING NEWS: One Serial Killer Caught, Another Arises!

The caliban responsible for the killings that left victims mutilated and with a portion of their back flayed has been apprehended. His name is known now to be Jacobim, and his actions will forever be remembered as despicable Jacobim made his latest attempt of murder at the opening of the play, "The Blank Easel", at  the Théâtre de la Cathédrale by sawing off one of the rafters as the cast took their bow, intending for it to crush them. Luckily, each member of the cast survived, unscathed. Since the prior incident at the Théâtre de la Cathédrale, security had been increased, and Jacobim was unable to escape. He was slain at the scene, and his identity confirmed by the Gendarme from a sketch. Those loved ones of Jacobim's victims may rest easy now that justice has been dealt to this monster.

As one monster dies, another arises. For over a week now, nobility and others in the Quartier Publique and Savant have been victim to a killer known only as the 'Slasher'. This killer has since eluded the Gendarme and leaves his victims eviscerated, partially eaten even. There have been whispers of men capable of turning into giant rodents among some investigative authorities, and so far no connections between the victims, or motive have been found. Many of the killings have happened at night, thus the most advisable thing to do would be to remain indoors during the evening hours, and to keep your doors locked. Whoever, whatever, this killer is, it is certain that this killer is extremely dangerous.

SOCIAL
Drama at the Théâtre de la Cathédrale

Rumors abound at the recent performances displayed at the Théâtre de la Cathédrale, a fascinating tale of romance and violence. However this show is not one that takes place on the stage, but in reality. During the course of the 'An Evening of Romance' date auction and ball, Dame Lilianne de Moreau, and former manager of the Théâtre de la Cathédrale was approached by a member of the Clockwork Goose, a Company owned by current Théâtre manager Dr. Drukker. It's reported that Dame Lilianne de Moreau was being courted by Dr. Drukker during the time when the Doctor first took on the role as Manager for the Théâtre de la Cathédrale. Witnesses report Dame de Moreau being approached by one of The Clockwork Goose's Guards, now serving as security for the Théâtre, demanding that she return her keys to the theater. Dame de Moreau refused this request witnesses claim, evading the guard who made an attempt to take her by the arm, presumably to take the keys from her forcibly. Only speculation remains as to why Dr. Drukker had sent someone to collect the keys from the former manger, and allegedly romantic companion, or why Dame de Moreau  had refused to do so, both have been thus far unable to be reached for comment.

Several days later it has been reported that Dame de Moreau returned to the Théâtre de la Cathédrale to hand over her keys to the Théâtre's Creative Director Ardmor Marziale. A spectator who wishes to remain anonymous states that Dame de Moreau struck the smaller Monsieur Marziale in the face and threw the keys at him by way or returning them. Speculators claim it may be the result of jilted love between the Doctor and the Dame, driving these supposedly respectable people to such low displays. No charges have been pressed on any side of the affair, and for now the waters of this social drama seem calm. For the time being the dramatics are saved for where they ought to be; the stage.

La Bougie

• New to the Mists
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 08:50:31 AM »

Failure of Borcan-Backed Trading Coster Raises Doubts

The Silver Rose Services and Mercantile certainly appeared to have a promising future on paper; at least, that is what Borcan moneylenders who supported the budding enterprise would lead one to believe. The Silver Rose made a whole host of promises, offering a wide range of new goods and services to residents of Port-á-Lucine, including background checks on job applicants and security detail.

There was little doubt that the Borcans who supported the founder of the S.R.S.M. had thought they had found a goose sure to lay for them a golden egg.

So no doubt none were more shocked than Bevel Boritsi, a close relative to the Sefeasa of Borca herself, when news reached his ear of entrepreneur Valkan Kelson's intention to abandon their project in favor of joining the Krezk-based Red Vardo Traders, in their Vallaki branch.

One bad investment, one could say, but one could also say that is one mistake too many, and that the signs of fraud were all too obvious for the Borcans to ignore. Why would a name like Bevel Boritsi throw support behind a firm that works out of one of the tenements in Quartier Ouvrier, for instance? Why did it prove so difficult for Kelson's firm to acquire a license from the Palais Dirigeant? Why is it that we need to ask these questions now?

Imagine if the Borcans did a bit of fact-checking on Kelson. Imagine if they didn't readily believe the hype that was being offered to them. Now, imagine their normally stable moneychanging houses throwing good money after bad all over Port-á-Lucine. Which of these visions is wishful thinking, and which happens to be the reality of our situation?

BREAKING NEWS
Warrant Issued for the Arrest of Wymmer Drukker

Recently a warrant was issued by the Gendarme to search the Théatre de la Cathédrale. What circumstances and information led to this warrant is yet unknown. However it's reported that the Gendarme who came to search the building had little interest in searching anything but the manager's office where immanently they found "diabolical-looking grimoire" a tomb they knew instantly as a tool of Necromancy. Upon finding the book they issued a warrant for the arrest of the Lamordian Theater Manager, Doctor Wymmer Drukker, author of "The Arcane Illusion" (a controversial book that denies the supernatural and Arcane) for the practitioning of Necromatic rites. We were able to procure a brief meeting with Doctor Drukker who states "The charges are absurd". Drukker goes on to say "I realize that the Gendarme are simply doing their jobs, and following up on whatever tip they may have received. However I have no doubt that when looking into this matter they will see that not only do I not practice such "dark arts" but that I do not even believe in their legitimacy."

When we asked Doctor Drukker how then this illegal tomb came into his possession he stated. "It was NOT in my possession, it was in the Theater Mannager's office. Among many other things that do not belong to me. There have been many Managers before me and many many people in that office. It could have come from any number of places." He went on to add "The Clockwork Goose has had several threats recently from a rival mercantile company who shall not be named. However I expect this is an attempt to poison my reputation." We asked the Doctor what he plans to do now, and he said "I am quickly settling my affairs on the outside and will be turning myself into the Gendarme later today. I am sure this mess will be sorted out soon, that is unless whoever is laughably attempting to frame me has me killed while I am incarcerated."

More on this story as it develops.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 09:03:11 AM by La Bougie »

La Bougie

• New to the Mists
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2013, 09:22:49 PM »
Wymmer Drukker acquitted
Doctor Wymmer Drukker was released from custody today, and reportedly all charges of practicing Necromancy have been dropped. Sources report, a man who's name has not been released - has confessed to planting false evidence inside the Theater in an attempt to frame Doctor Drukker. Witnesses report the Gendarme apprehending the suspect lurking outside the theater, and reports claim the man was carrying several items of Nercomantic contraband. A confession was quickly given up, and Doctor Drukker was set free this morning, with deep apologies from the Gendarme and reportedly from Council member Dominic D'Honaire himself.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 09:29:28 PM by La Bougie »

La Bougie

• New to the Mists
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 07:55:07 AM »
TRAGEDY STRIKES THE THEATRE AGAIN

Creative Director Missing and Boritsi Attacks Jalabert Family Employees and Property.

Over the past few weeks, two tragedies have again struck the Jalabert's Théâtre de la Cathédrale. Rumored to have gone on short vacation initially, creative director Ardmor Marziale has neither been seen or heard from in over two weeks. He left no word on his whereabouts, not even to his fiancè. In his place, an interim creative director has been appointed, Siobhan Crowley, an actress who starred in multiple of Ardmor's productions.

More recently, an attack was made on three of the theatre's staff, including the interim creative director. I've spoken with Siobhan Crowley about the attack, and she pointed to Bevel Boritsi as the man responsible, claiming he was "angered by one of the staff's insistence on calling him 'Sir'." Whether or not this small slight was indeed the reason behind the attack, two of the staff ended up stabbed and the interim director poisoned by gaseous vapors. Thankfully, I report all three have since recovered.

No statement has been put forth by the Gendarme regarding the attack, or Ardmor Marziale's disappearance. As an investigative writer, I consider it to ask questions and seek their answer. The question I ask here is: Are these two events related? I am tempted to answer 'yes', given I have personally witnessed bitter encounters between Ardmor Marziale and Bevel Boritsi, and have heard Ardmor claim once that Bevel Boritsi made an attempt on his life. This evidence is circumstantial, however. So far, there is nothing tying Bevel Boritsi to Ardmor Marziale's disappearance. No, Ardmor's disappearance remains a complete mystery. Though, eyewitnesses do place Bevel Boritsi at the scene and directly responsible for the recent attack on Théâtre de la Cathédrale staff employees of the Jalabert family. Will this man stand trial to this accusation? That is for the Gendarme to decide. Regardless, I urge the public to become aware of this man, a Borcan moneylender, and suggest he be approached with the utmost caution.

La Bougie

• New to the Mists
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 12:26:42 AM »
Casting Complications
The Théatre de la Cathédrale is soon to be hosting a performance of three one act plays submitted for a competition. However it seems the process has hit a snag as one play "THE CELLAR DOOR" written by Rahel Vonnostra asks for a role to be played by a male "Caliban". It's been suggested it would be simple to create a costume to represent this character, but sources suggest that the artists' vision would like an actual "twist" to fill the roll. This concept has been met with much interest and curiosity, however it is reported that finding a "Caliban" to fit the roll, who also has the ability to perform the part to the Theater's standard has proven difficult.

Dame Moreau - Doctor Drukker Wedding Announced
Dame Lilianne de Moreau and Doctor Wymmer Drukker have announced the day of their waited wedding. June 30th, to take place at le Palais Dirigeant. Where afterwards there will be a wedding procession to Edrigan where the reception is to be held. The couple will be accepting gifts but prefer a donation be made to the charity Champs D'Or at the reception.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 12:49:22 AM by La Bougie »

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 06:41:15 PM »

[A freshly-printed newspaper is quickly distributed around the whole of Port-a-Lucine...]

[Page 1.]

[Page 2.]

[Page 3.]

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 03:04:00 PM »

[A new issue of La Bougie hits the streets of the enlightened city, with a few copies reaching the Vistani camp in the mists for the benefit of Dementlieuse traders and merchants...]

[Page 1.]

[Page 2.]

[Page 3.]

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2014, 05:19:34 PM »

[A special edition of 'La Bougie' is delivered, hot off the presses!]

[Page 1.]

[Page 2.]

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2014, 04:34:10 PM »

[A new edition of 'La Bougie' hits the streets - a thick one, too!]

[Page 1.]

[Page 2.]

[Page 3.]

[Page 4.]

« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 04:36:27 PM by Vengeful Seraphim »

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2014, 04:04:49 PM »

[A new issue of 'La Bougie' is delivered throughout Port-a-Lucine.]

[Page 1.]

[Page 2.]

[Page 3.]

[Page 4.]

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2014, 04:23:49 PM »

[A new issue of 'La Bougie' is delivered throughout Port-a-Lucine - the thickest issue yet, at six whole pages!]

[Page 1.]

[Page 2.]

[Page 3.]

[Page 4.]

[Page 5.]

[Page 6.]

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2014, 12:17:01 AM »

[A new issue of 'La Bougie' is delivered throughout Port-a-Lucine, with a few copies winding up in the Mist Camp!]

[Page 1.]

[Page 2.]

[Page 3.]

[Page 4.]

[Page 5.]

((N.B., time listed for the event is listed here by Dusk - here))
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 03:27:43 PM by Vengeful Seraphim »

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2014, 09:17:29 PM »

[A new issue of 'La Bougie' is delivered throughout Port-a-Lucine, though the person who seems to be setting them down cannot be easily found or seen - perhaps because they do not wish to be.]

[Page 1.]

[Page 2.]

[Page 3.]

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2014, 07:57:04 PM »

[A new issue of 'La Bougie' is delivered throughout Port-a-Lucine, weighing in at a staggering eight pages total!]

[Page 1.]

[Page 2.]

[Page 3.]

[Page 4.]

[Page 5.]

[Page 6.]

[Page 7.]

[Page 8.]

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2014, 12:06:52 AM »

[A new issue of 'La Bougie' hits the streets, being delivered all about Port-a-Lucine, and from there beyond...]

[Page 1.]

[Page 2.]

[Page 3.]

[Page 4.]

[Page 5.]

[Page 6.]

[Page 7.]

((Credit for the artwork in this week's issue of 'La Bougie' goes to Norture!))

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2014, 12:16:53 AM »