You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Perfidus Loot Sucks!  (Read 5746 times)

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
Perfidus Loot Sucks!
« on: February 03, 2013, 08:03:33 PM »
Sorry if the title is a little harsh.  :lol:  I know Sithicus is coming and all, but everyone I've talked to regarding Perfidus seems to agree that you're better off ninja-looting areas in Barovia over trying to go to Perfidus for treasure. When we killed Malthor, we found a pretty lackluster chest full of loot. It was really disappointing considering the challenge of a fight like that. Nudge the loot in the direction of awesome maybe?
: )

RigorMortis

• Undead Slayer
Re: Perfidus Loot Sucks!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 08:06:13 PM »
It is pretty funny when the loot of the lower level areas such as Tergian crypts on a high spawn is better than almost 99% of the loot drops of Har'Akir and Perfidus, but at that point your almost enchanting gear, I would like to see some improvment of loot on both these areas.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 08:07:38 PM »
I agree. For the difficulty of getting it, the rare Perf loot is a bit too rare.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

shadymerchant

• Dark Power
  • Legendary Pimp Cat (Circa 1876)
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 08:10:36 PM »
This has changed. You might have gotten unlucky on the last run, but in general the area is much better with the new items added to the loot table. You might only find one good item in all four of the chests, but that is s definite improvement over past times. I guess if it was jacked up to the point where all four had a very high chance of all dropping really good loot nearly every time I wouldn't complain. But I am pretty happy with where it is.

Badelaire

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 09:21:34 PM »
Never got a single nice thing out of Perfidus and I've raped the place enough times with parties who head there now and then. Fighting what constitutes the setting's most powerful enemies bar Dark Lords and walking away with a sword of trogdor slaying is kinda a let down. I get better sprinting through Ghakis invisible without having to fight hell's armies.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 09:28:44 PM »
I agree. It's one of the only places where some rare items drop but I've been more disappointed in Perf than anywhere else loot-wise.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 09:37:22 PM »
But I've never found your mom in the loot tables there.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 09:40:09 PM »
Mummies spawn in Har'Akir.

[rimshot]

Smitehammer

• Undead Slayer
  • Frohe Weihnachten
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 09:44:45 PM »
Devils and demons shouldn't have all the best loot anyway - that's devas and whatnot.  

In fact, I want a 'good aligned' Perfidus.  Some terrible something guarded by guardians of goodness who must defend the defendy thing against any who go there -regardless of their intent.  Maybe it's the sacred watering hole of some deserty guys, and someone's poisoned it - or you're going to poison it.  Hey, maybe even the good guys warn you and are all "I understand why you want in here, but nah man.  I'm still going to have to fight your face off."  Maybe a bunch of Valkyries on horseback demanding you prove yourself in glorious bloody punchy combat before they open the doors to their halls of decadence and smitey bits.

And in this place, stuff like 'holy water' and the Levantine and magical pixies (loaded with magical pixie dust) abound!
Wouldn't the world be better off if we took nonsense more seriously?

RedwizardD

• Scrollord
  • Dark Power
  • Avoid Attention - Critical Failure
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 09:55:30 PM »
Devils and demons shouldn't have all the best loot anyway - that's devas and whatnot.  

In fact, I want a 'good aligned' Perfidus.  Some terrible something guarded by guardians of goodness who must defend the defendy thing against any who go there -regardless of their intent.  Maybe it's the sacred watering hole of some deserty guys, and someone's poisoned it - or you're going to poison it.  Hey, maybe even the good guys warn you and are all "I understand why you want in here, but nah man.  I'm still going to have to fight your face off."  Maybe a bunch of Valkyries on horseback demanding you prove yourself in glorious bloody punchy combat before they open the doors to their halls of decadence and smitey bits.

And in this place, stuff like 'holy water' and the Levantine and magical pixies (loaded with magical pixie dust) abound!

Anyone else shamelessly seeing "Crafting guff for divine varnish"?

Zhernebog

• Undead Master
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 09:59:23 PM »
I agree. It's one of the only places where some rare items drop but I've been more disappointed in Perf than anywhere else loot-wise.
I often find better loot in har akir in larger numbers.

EberronBruce

• Dark Power
  • Legos
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 03:34:13 AM »
Never been to Perf, its hard to find a party to go to Hazlan or wherever else out side of Vallaki.

Ehver

• Dark Lord
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 07:11:46 AM »
Never been to Perf, its hard to find a party to go to Hazlan or wherever else out side of Vallaki.

Hang out in the Mist Camp. : ) The people there are already close to the caravan so going to other domains is not big deal,  plus they're generally higher in level.
Ilinca Cristescu - Urban Witch
Player Faction: The Mistraiders

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 09:06:25 AM »
I would say the general loot spawn of Perfidus is fine, gold wise, each monster aka (Demonoligists-Fiendish Fanatic) drops a supplus of sellables, wich if you have enough inventory space to carry out adds up to compensate all consumables required for the dungeon. Aswell as the resources for Alchemy.
End loot is quite a let down, the final room is intense and overcrowded, DC's are very high, though i would say raising them to Har'Akir lock standard with traps would not be an issue for the CR of the place, but some decent shinies in there would not go amiss, somethings that you can only find in Perfidus, rather than stuff you can also snag elsewhere would be cool.

RedwizardD

• Scrollord
  • Dark Power
  • Avoid Attention - Critical Failure
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 02:11:09 PM »
The end room chests are laughably bad but I do like how the humanoid enemies drop real loot. Ironically I think that makes the dungeon more ninja-looter proof than any amount of traps, detection monsters, and other 'precautions' ever could.

Lucadia

• Dark Power
  • Feral Mystic
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 04:43:01 PM »
Been disappointed with the loot every time gone with a party. Even with high spawn. In the event -one- good item even drops, and you got entire party that was expecting some type of reward for the difficulty

Terg ruins offers better and more variety then the chests have in the ..last seven trips or so .

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 05:04:12 PM »
Been there 3 times, and i agree it needs fixed. Rabble rabble rabble!

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 07:02:40 PM »
A treasure chest in the pit fiend cave outside would be nice.  That's one of the hardest areas.

RigorMortis

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 07:29:00 PM »
Been there 3 times, and i agree it needs fixed. Rabble rabble rabble!

Rabble?! Rabble Rabble!!

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2013, 07:30:25 PM »
dammit guys make room.

MAKE ROOM

how can i join the bandwagon when your all sitting so comfy shove over let the rest off us sit there and join in the rabble rabble.

simpler put.

+1 on the loot
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Ovidiu_Lacusta

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2013, 07:36:40 PM »
I don't know, isn't Perfidus one of those places where XP is the reward?  True that lower level dungeons are hit more by high levels because of loot availability.  Perhaps that's the only reason why Perfidus could have a few more chests.  RP wise, it'd make sense to have altars or portal stones you could smash in that place, which might have plain gold drops with grissly gorey items, quest items etc.

The place is already great for high end XP and alchemical reagents, not to mention the moral task of fighting the forces of evil up close.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2013, 07:43:25 PM »
I don't know, isn't Perfidus one of those places where XP is the reward?  True that lower level dungeons are hit more by high levels because of loot availability.  Perhaps that's the only reason why Perfidus could have a few more chests.  RP wise, it'd make sense to have altars or portal stones you could smash in that place, which might have plain gold drops with grissly gorey items, quest items etc.

The place is already great for high end XP and alchemical reagents, not to mention the moral task of fighting the forces of evil up close.

If you're going for XP, there is literally no reason to risk Malthor. That fight is like a DM event gone horribly wrong (or right).
: )

RigorMortis

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2013, 07:45:27 PM »

If you're going for XP, there is literally no reason to risk Malthor. That fight is like a DM event gone horribly wrong (or right).

Yeah. 10 time stops spammed in a row. .  it stops being challenging and just starts turning into facepalms. Taking no actions is a bummer, but I do like the difficulty. If only the reward was more worthwhile, but I think Zarathustra get's the point on the loot thing :P

Ovidiu_Lacusta

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2013, 07:52:17 PM »
Come now! Now that Timestop is localized, it's not too hard to avoid its AOE, then you're able to move when everyone else is not...!  Pity about the decoys, though.

Gilad Abrams

• Undead Master
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2013, 09:42:27 PM »
When was timestop localized?