Author Topic: Adamantine Shield  (Read 6651 times)

EberronBruce

• Dark Power
  • Legos
Re: Adamantine Shield
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2013, 11:30:08 PM »
Might want to think about increasing the weight a little. A shield made out of metal would be unwieldy and extremely heavy. Unless you do what the Greeks did and laminate a sheet of bronze or metal over wood.

Badelaire

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2013, 11:35:39 PM »
Considering it took Van Richten decades to scrape enough of the material up to make one single arrowhead to kill a werebadger whose allergen was the mineral (pretty sure I'm fairly accurate on that), I think some sort of penalty increase seems fitting. You'd be hard pressed to get a piece of armour made of the stuff in even the most high magic of settings in your day to day adventuring life. If they've been moved to the rare drops then that's the ticket but I noticed a hell of a lot of them around.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 11:39:22 PM by Badelaire »

Kaspar

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2013, 11:47:44 PM »
Considering it took Van Richten decades to scrape enough of the material up to make one single arrowhead to kill a werebadger whose allergen was the mineral (pretty sure I'm fairly accurate on that), I think some sort of penalty increase seems fitting. You'd be hard pressed to get a piece of armour made of the stuff in even the most high magic of settings in your day to day adventuring life. If they've been moved to the rare drops then that's the ticket but I noticed a hell of a lot of them around.

I think the 8,000 gold value makes it rare enough in the loot tables. I haven't seen one since they updated the shield, and I used to see them frequently.