You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: sky high prices...  (Read 22894 times)

RedwizardD

• Scrollord
  • Dark Power
  • Avoid Attention - Critical Failure
Re: sky high prices...
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2013, 09:42:55 PM »
My 8con, 15wis cleric cannot brew.
Yeah, Kalin is a brewing fiend - I can succeed at anything I touch on him now with herbalism.  Yet, I still only give potions out to a small smattering of people.  There's just no way to collect enough of everything to make stacks of potions for the selling.  Good luck all you non-casters! 

Or if you're not a caster and you can't find any potions or varnishes to purchase, jjust make a con-based barbarian.  Even if you're dumb as a brick, for some reason you'll just constitution yourself into being the ultimate craftsman!  Alchemy, herbalism, metalworking (smelting anyway) and I think even leather working - all you need is the ability to eat day-old sushi without vomiting to be a champion!  And you get mega-hit points and more skill points than a fighter!  So if you're not going caster, go conbarian.

Speaking of which, 8 con (or 6 con elves) is the absolute hard-mode of PotM. You cannot do alchemy or brewing.

If your other stat is not a negative and 8 (or 6!), then it should still be doable, even if it is a bit harder.

My 8 wisdom elf does herbalism, she manages fine. Even though it had a rocky start :P

Not herbalism but I've noticed that when one of my characters who had 5 ranks in hide curing lost a point of wisdom, he is for some reason was no longer able to do hide curing. It seems rather odd to just suddenly be..unable to. The same occurred with brewing but he never had any ranks in it anyway.

RigorMortis

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2013, 02:35:58 AM »
Healing tonics in the new Character area are 108gp each.

Hmmm. .  Equipment? or a potion? Hrm . .

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2013, 07:30:21 PM »
Healing tonics in the new Character area are 108gp each.

Hmmm. .  Equipment? or a potion? Hrm . .

Okay! So! I made a bit of exploring thinking and noticing things!

Currently the ML tonics are bought by the vistani for 200 gold. (New priceing of the potions affected them, basicly welcome to easy money!)
Most likely the potions that are made from drobita, and that other shroom, the vistani work with(forgot the name) for a small amount of cash, can most likely be sold for around 120-160 gold. (2 drobita +18 gold=CLW potion can sell for mentioned price.)
CSW reward potions that can be obtained when someone trades in certain 5 items most likely can be sold for around 600-1000 gold.(guessing!)
Heal potions that can be obtained as reward. (price cant even imagine, though most likely will not be sold.)

Basicly i think all potion rewards from now on can be considered as the ultimate and superior money making machine.
Terg crypts since the change most likely allows for players to get about at least 5000 extra gold as loot just from trading in the knuckles, and other items for potions and then selling them as well.

The question i have that what is the current stand on it? Is it an exploit? Or?

Currently playing:
Rudrig von Rachenthall - the travelling merchant

Lucadia

• Dark Power
  • Feral Mystic
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2013, 07:54:38 PM »
Consider it a nerf
 with how potions are now priced on the looting table, all the unique and rare potions that was  hard to get in the first place are now none existent

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2013, 08:48:30 PM »
Consider it a nerf
 with how potions are now priced on the looting table, all the unique and rare potions that was  hard to get in the first place are now none existent

one thing this has effected and doesnt seem to have been fixed yet and was reported i think, was that the new character area light cure potiosn are now like 120 something each hows one to get equipment and a few tonics and stuff at that price?

monsinyana

• Dark Power
  • Dead Post Necromancer
    • Battlelords of the Twenty-Third Century®
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2013, 09:46:45 PM »
Most likely the potions that are made from drobita

we can make potions from drobita??

i never knew!
Loremaster Clydessa G.F. Swift, Toril - Deceased
Sister Anne - Hallowed Witch of Hala, Mordentshire
Frothy! - Devout drunk of Wenta the Alewife, Oerth

RigorMortis

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2013, 09:54:37 PM »
Anything with a spell charge is now worth a whole lot, I have an appraise based character and in three hours I made just shy of 16,000 gold from selling morninglordian tonics. It is now laughably easy to get money.

Lucadia

• Dark Power
  • Feral Mystic
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2013, 10:12:31 PM »
and since prices of spells went up, any item with spell charges is very expensive to buy from the mist camp vardo (aka 5k for shield candle) and not seeing charged items drop other then expedious retreat items.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2013, 10:46:52 PM »
Anything with a spell charge is now worth a whole lot, I have an appraise based character and in three hours I made just shy of 16,000 gold from selling morninglordian tonics. It is now laughably easy to get money.

$.$
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2013, 10:56:42 PM »
sooooooooooooooooooooo these past couple of pages been for naugth?
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Perkele

• JCD
  • Dark Lord
  • bionicman
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2013, 03:25:15 AM »
Now I know where some people are getting their money from..  :lol:
Gimme the GEP gun.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2013, 04:58:59 AM »
In my own experience, healing potions are so useful that I wouldn't be inclined to sell the healing tonics for 200 gp. But to prevent some people power-looting it, I'll lower the value of the tonics.

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2013, 08:22:46 AM »
In my own experience, healing potions are so useful that I wouldn't be inclined to sell the healing tonics for 200 gp. But to prevent some people power-looting it, I'll lower the value of the tonics.

Actually while this is true, most folks usually use their own potion supplier to get the mentioned healing potions.
ML tonics are not that good in a fight, and it is not hard to make yourself some CLW pots.
The money you would get from selling ML tonics, you can spend easily on buying herbs.
(5 morninglordian potions sold = 1 box of herbs. 25 knuckles = 35 skeleton knuckles. Just time factor is greatly different.)

Also if i can, i would suggest the mages tower potion rewards to get their price reduced as well, and the vistani handed out potions that are made from drobita and another fungus i forgot its name.(both can be found in the scarab holes, and from both the vistani girl makes potions.)
Basicly i think all reward potions should have their price lowered.

Also one question about this:
Untill the modifications are implemented, is this now considered an exploit? Or is it allowed to be used.

//I do not use this method, but it would be good to know what the current stance on it is. Is it allowed to be used, or is it not. Since many folks do not read forum, and thus would not know about what the current stance on it is.//
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 08:36:08 AM by Ercvadasz »
Currently playing:

Kendaric

• Undead Master
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2013, 08:51:20 AM »

Actually while this is true, most folks usually use their own potion supplier to get the mentioned healing potions.
ML tonics are not that good in a fight, and it is not hard to make yourself some CLW pots.

CLW potions are easily made, but they are also next to useless as soon as you have a few levels under your belt. To be honest I much prefer the ML tonics, espeacially as they are comparatively easy to get and don't cost money to craft. As for most people using/having their own trusted potion supplier... that is not necessarily an option for new players or even new characters from old(er) players.

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2013, 09:05:09 AM »

CLW potions are easily made, but they are also next to useless as soon as you have a few levels under your belt. To be honest I much prefer the ML tonics, espeacially as they are comparatively easy to get and don't cost money to craft. As for most people using/having their own trusted potion supplier... that is not necessarily an option for new players or even new characters from old(er) players.

I know that, but morninglordian tonics are not that usefull in combat.
And from 35 woundwarts +35*10 bottle price cost, you will get much better results as from the 6 morninglordian tonics that can cover currently, the price of 35 woundwarts and its crafting cost.
Also there are sometimes a few potion sellers these days, and usually the price for CSW or CCW pots is 150-200 gold. Which is the same price like a morninglordian potions selling price.
Currently playing:

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2013, 09:49:52 AM »
I discovered the issue was mainly that Rattok in the Drain was improperly set up (albeit only buying potions, but he offered five to six time our standard max modifier for merchant buying price!)

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2013, 12:19:12 PM »

$.$

Time_Stomped

• Undead Master
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2013, 01:44:55 PM »
So that's why people suddenly have no tonics for their downed teammates and freeloaded on the knuckles at the same time.  Hmmhm.
Istavan Donner

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2013, 01:54:03 PM »

Out of curiosity, how much gold did Rattok offer you per potion?

RigorMortis

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2013, 02:41:50 PM »
I sold them at the mistcamp. It wasn't rattock, haven't been in the drain for ages. I remember him offering me over 3000 gold per firebomb when I went to him, I threw them away thinking that it was an obvious exploit to sell a stack of them for 30k. .

I made around 250 gold from each one, lows spawn crypts being exceedingly easy to get knuckles especially with the great number of skeletons it only took me a few runs to make rediculous amounts of coin.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 02:52:06 PM by RigorMortis »

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2013, 02:45:12 PM »
But the healing tonics?

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2013, 03:42:03 PM »
Five knuckles for a healing tonic, 250 gold each. For 16k, that's 64 tonics, equalling to 320 skeletons. You've been busy!

Kendaric

• Undead Master
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2013, 03:58:46 PM »
Five knuckles for a healing tonic, 250 gold each. For 16k, that's 64 tonics, equalling to 320 skeletons. You've been busy!

Well, there's always the option of buying them off other players and still come out with a huge gain.

Gilad Abrams

• Undead Master
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2013, 06:50:27 PM »
I think it's worth noting that in the mist camp they were selling for 250 for a stack of ten not per each tonic

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2013, 06:56:03 PM »
Aha, so that's 3200 skeletons. In three hours. Making it killing one skeleton in every three second for three hours. Anyone able to do that honestly deserve those 16k gold.