Suggestions, Feedback & Bug Reports (OOC) > Module Feedback and Suggestions

More Frequent Server resets.

(1/3) > >>

Honoun:
With the great numbers of players we have, seeing well over sixty at times which is indeed a wonderful thing. The result however is that the server starts to lag quite badly more frequently. I'd like to ask everyone to stop leaving camp fires, dead dear, and other such things to reduce the lag but I think that would be asking a bit much and frankly I'm not sure all the players we have read these forums anyway.

As such I would like to suggest that the server be reset more frequently, in my mind I think once per day would be ideal. Your thoughts?

Geiger:
I think there should be some sort of automated thing that'll reset during a certain level of lag and or a certain number of people in a 24 hour period.

Basically, it'd reset itself during the night.

There'd be a countdown and all that.

Deathpenalty:
Automation isn't reliable. However, I can agree on more frequent resets. Even being close to the source, I can still get very laggy after it's been up for quite some time.

VeeTpl:

--- Quote from: Honoun on January 27, 2013, 06:50:18 PM ---I'd like to ask everyone to stop leaving camp fires, dead dear, and other such things to reduce the lag (...)
--- End quote ---

How about make those as tips for the starting room/journal?
You know, it never hurts to keep people aware and as you said - not all of the players read the forums.

Bluebomber4evr:
Soren is working on some optimizations to handle the increased server load

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version