Author Topic: Kettle of Fish, Barrel of Monkeys.  (Read 17871 times)

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
Re: Kettle of Fish, Barrel of Monkeys.
« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2013, 08:43:02 PM »
Only if it's a racist kettle.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Fierna

« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2013, 11:03:19 PM »
Only if it's a racist kettle.

That made me laugh so hard tea almost came out of my nose. :P

Zhernebog

• Undead Master
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2013, 03:24:07 AM »
So is it safe to use these items for the intended purpose(Getting banned), or should we continue to sell them for fear of getting banned?

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2013, 03:25:33 AM »
Using them for their intended purpose, and in a sensible manner wont get you banned

Badelaire

« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2013, 08:02:17 AM »
Some genius put three apes in the OOC room which promptly attacked me. I don't think I need to make any further comments.

LackofCertainty

• Undead Master
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2013, 09:58:43 PM »
Some genius put three apes in the OOC room which promptly attacked me. I don't think I need to make any further comments.

It annoys me that a few people are still griefing with them, because the item seems nifty to me otherwise. (I like the idea of hostile summons)

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2013, 04:04:54 PM »
Hmm, maybe we can put a check in the script that makes it unusable in non-PvP zones.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2013, 05:53:39 PM »

FFS. This is why, every time someone makes a post about saying "Oh we're all mature people here, we won't abuse items," they are wrong. I am going to direct every single future post like that to this thread.

What does the scanner see

• Outlander
  • Reclamation has begun
« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2013, 09:51:46 PM »
These are really starting to seem like more trouble than they are worth.
What does the scanner see? Into the head? Down into the heart? Does it see into me, into us? Clearly or darkly? I hope it sees clearly, because I can't any longer see into myself. I see only murk. I hope for everyone's sake the scanners do better.

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2013, 10:25:41 PM »

FFS. This is why, every time someone makes a post about saying "Oh we're all mature people here, we won't abuse items," they are wrong. I am going to direct every single future post like that to this thread.

aww but people are mature here and dont abuse anything.   
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2013, 05:31:50 AM »

aww but people are mature here and dont abuse anything.   

I have to say I saw those three Apes and they weren't hostile to me at the time so I'm not sure whats up with that?

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2013, 09:37:51 AM »
I'm just curious as i havent seen either of these items yet but what exactly was the point of adding these if i can ask a dev?

Zhernebog

• Undead Master
« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2013, 09:48:43 AM »
I'm just curious as i havent seen either of these items yet but what exactly was the point of adding these if i can ask a dev?
They are supposed to aggro on the user to provide a scary "oh god!" Startling moment. But they dont do that.
Instead they blithely stand around looking like idiots, that is until you attack one, then they all aggro. Which makes me believe Badelaire was doing some monkey ethnic cleansing before he got aggroed.

As of right now they're a troll detection tool since no matter where you put carnivorous apes and giant flying catfish in a horror simulator, they just dont fit if they stand around. So for now I think the safe bet for everyone is to sell/leave them behind until they work as intended.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2013, 11:29:16 AM »
They are supposed to aggro on the user to provide a scary "oh god!" Startling moment. But they dont do that.
Instead they blithely stand around looking like idiots, that is until you attack one, then they all aggro. Which makes me believe Badelaire was doing some monkey ethnic cleansing before he got aggroed.

As of right now they're a troll detection tool since no matter where you put carnivorous apes and giant flying catfish in a horror simulator, they just dont fit if they stand around. So for now I think the safe bet for everyone is to sell/leave them behind until they work as intended.

I think I made pretty good use of the carnivorous apes when I bothered to carry a barrel around. >:[
: )

Zhernebog

• Undead Master
« Reply #114 on: January 19, 2013, 11:48:44 AM »

I think I made pretty good use of the carnivorous apes when I bothered to carry a barrel around. >:[
I manned all the loose boats in d-loo with apes.
I thought that could not be topped for good decisions, then I heard about Junior. And I knew my pirate crew was old news hahah.

Bluebomber4evr

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #115 on: January 19, 2013, 03:19:54 PM »

If Badelaire was attacked by the apes then the item is working as intended.

People summoning them in the OOC area was unforseen, but would have been possible even with Guiseppe's Doll, which has the essentially the same script and the same basic idea, and that item has been in the module for years. It was just rare, and now these items are a lot harder to find.

I think it should be possible to block them from being used in non-PVP areas, which will keep it from being a further issue.

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2013, 06:35:20 PM »
i have to aplaud blue after 8 pages he still has not succumbed to group pressure.

GJ blue  8)

Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

What does the scanner see

• Outlander
  • Reclamation has begun
« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2013, 01:03:15 AM »
i have to aplaud blue after 8 pages he still has not succumbed to group pressure.

GJ blue  8)

A lesson for the youths of the world.
What does the scanner see? Into the head? Down into the heart? Does it see into me, into us? Clearly or darkly? I hope it sees clearly, because I can't any longer see into myself. I see only murk. I hope for everyone's sake the scanners do better.

Zhernebog

• Undead Master
« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2013, 01:26:07 PM »
So as of the latest update I summoned five catfish in various locales where I thought the land could use the clensing of'the river god'.
Out of all five fish, three merrily swam in the air endlessly. I like to think they achieved zen.

The fourth one went right to the aggroing...after it had been attacked. From what I saw the fish only attack people who have attacked a fish from last reset. Any subsequent summons seem to hate that one person. As seen in fish five who immediately airswam towards them.
Also odd in the behavior, fish four attacked anything near it, even those who didnt attack it. Fish five only attacked people who aided in the slaying of the fourth river god.

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #119 on: January 22, 2013, 01:57:23 PM »
my momma always said.

with a kettle of fish or a barrel of monkeys you never know what you gonna get.

Bluebomber4evr

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2013, 02:56:36 PM »
So as of the latest update I summoned five catfish in various locales where I thought the land could use the clensing of'the river god'.
Out of all five fish, three merrily swam in the air endlessly. I like to think they achieved zen.

The fourth one went right to the aggroing...after it had been attacked. From what I saw the fish only attack people who have attacked a fish from last reset. Any subsequent summons seem to hate that one person. As seen in fish five who immediately airswam towards them.
Also odd in the behavior, fish four attacked anything near it, even those who didnt attack it. Fish five only attacked people who aided in the slaying of the fourth river god.
The catfish factions have been changed to hostile so they should attack anyone hostile towards the hostile faction.

The script will be changed to summon something different soon anyway

Bluebomber4evr

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #121 on: January 24, 2013, 05:32:40 PM »

After doing some investigating, I've discovered that this is because the Nerull Cult's faction settings were not setup properly and were erroneously neutral/friendly towards the Hostile faction