You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Can not log into server  (Read 1697 times)

The Great Unclean One

• New to the Mists
  • Resident Alien
Can not log into server
« on: January 13, 2013, 04:18:21 PM »
When I try logging onto Ravenloft on the laptop it always fails saying server timed out. I figured it was perhaps a firewall or something but even with windows firewall off and the ports allowed in my router's firewall it still seems blocked and I am still unable to log in. I've tried using the direct connect method and resetting the dns, but none of these worked. Please help!
The Chaos Gods did nothing wrong!

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
Re: Can not log into server
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 04:51:39 PM »
Have you tried resetting your router?
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

The Great Unclean One

• New to the Mists
  • Resident Alien
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 05:00:20 PM »
Yup didn't help, but it must be a router problem. I took it to the Safeway and used their wifi and I was able to get on just fine. I'll try port forwarding it in this router but this particular router is horribly obfuscating when it comes to trying to change the port settings.

Mark Johansen

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 05:03:50 PM »
Yup didn't help, but it must be a router problem. I took it to the Safeway and used their wifi and I was able to get on just fine. I'll try port forwarding it in this router but this particular router is horribly obfuscating when it comes to trying to change the port settings.

try restarting your router

The Great Unclean One

• New to the Mists
  • Resident Alien
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 05:18:59 PM »
I've reset it, restarted it, tried port forwarding the laptop, and tried setting it as the DMZ host. Even tried just turning the firewall off, still doesn't work.

The Great Unclean One

• New to the Mists
  • Resident Alien
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 05:44:23 PM »
I should clarify, it doesn't actually say server timed out when I try to log in on the laptop it just hangs at attempting to find server, and when I see the server in history I can see its name and read the description of it but the player count and ping are hidden, and its the only server I can see in my history.

The Great Unclean One

• New to the Mists
  • Resident Alien
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 05:51:53 PM »
I fixed it, the ports in the nwnplayer.ini didn't match up, one was 5120, other was 5121. How annoying, oh well its all good now.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 06:08:00 PM »
Good to know the fix! Good effort  :thumbup:
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo