Author Topic: Rangers & Favored Enemies  (Read 2267 times)

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
Rangers & Favored Enemies
« on: January 07, 2013, 09:52:22 AM »
Shouldn't Favored Enemy count as a +1 enhancement against their DR? Last time I played a Ranger, it didn't seem to work that way.
: )

Elfric

• Dark Power
Re: Rangers & Favored Enemies
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 09:53:22 AM »
Shouldn't Favored Enemy count as a +1 enhancement against their DR? Last time I played a Ranger, it didn't seem to work that way.

Oooooh how I wish that was the case.

"You left the campfire back in the field. The entire grass field is on fire. Smokey the Bear is on the edge of the field, on his knees, sobbing into his hands."

Badelaire

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 10:08:36 AM »
The character gains a +1 bonus to any damage delivered to his favored enemy. He also receives a +1 bonus on listen, spot, and taunt checks against the favored enemy. These bonuses improve by +1 for every 5 levels that the ranger gains

With 20 levels that means +5 to all mentioned. Only monks and arcane archers gain the ability to innately overcome DR.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 10:11:02 AM by Badelaire »

Kendaric

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 11:15:54 AM »

I wish it was the case, but unfortunately not. It's +1 to damage every five levels, which is pretty nice in normal D&D settings but rather useless in Ravenloft due to the DR of most creatures.
Adding a DR overcoming attack bonus for favored enemies might be a nice addition, but it could be very unbalancing so I doubt it would happen (even though it would still be weaker than the monk ability due to the limited number of favored enemy types you can take).

Kendaric

• Undead Master
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 10:09:55 AM »
The character gains a +1 bonus to any damage delivered to his favored enemy. He also receives a +1 bonus on listen, spot, and taunt checks against the favored enemy. These bonuses improve by +1 for every 5 levels that the ranger gains

With 20 levels that means +5 to all mentioned. Only monks and arcane archers gain the ability to innately overcome DR.

It would be +5 for the first favored enemy, +4 for the second and +3 for the third. Still quite powerful, but perhaps by adding only half the bonus it could work.

Badelaire

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 11:38:38 AM »
You can take the feat as many times as you want (on PotM) and retain all the full bonuses as NWN's just reads favoureds as the same regardless. There's no preference or priority over them.

Time_Stomped

• Undead Master
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 03:08:19 PM »
maybe +1 vs dr level vs specific fe per 9 levels of ranger? max +2 at 18 vs ONE type and +1 vs one more.
Istavan Donner