Author Topic: Server lag  (Read 1136 times)

Kaspar

Server lag
« on: January 05, 2013, 08:34:33 PM »
I've noticed that the server is beginning to become quite laggy. We're having this occur:

Client Network Connection   The in game elements reacting erratically, monsters and characters not reacting, to then suddenly jump from place to place, quickly executing the actions that should have happened in the meantime, like conducting several hits (sometimes making it very devastating). Upon query, not all other players are experiencing the same.   Virus Scan/Close download programs/Contact your ISP.

Server Hardware   Can have the same symptoms as above, but usually most noticeable by AI reacting very slowly or not at all, with no afterward quick execution of lost actions. (contrary to network lag, this lag is mainly devastating to NPCs.   Resetting the server, and if not helping, contact admin or developers.

I agree that this is highly likely to there being 60+ players online. The lag was not present during NCW; my guess is because all the new characters didn't have jam packed inventories and all in the same area. However this lag is occurring even when there is only 15 people online every night so far. I've been trying to keep my eyes peeled to see what could be causing it but so far nothing comes to mind. I don't see any miss-firing scripts. Any suggestions to help identify it? We would all love to help in case there's an error in scripting, or some sort of action that's causing it to lag badly.

Mark Johansen

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Server lag
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 08:58:30 PM »
if you know the times you can see the player count here for the last 24 hours
http://markjohansen.dk/nwn.php

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
Re: Server lag
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 12:21:44 AM »
Wow we peeked at 80 in that 24hr period, only Arelith had more players and only by 1 on that chart  :mrgreen: