You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Mist Camp Caravans  (Read 18035 times)

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
Re: Mist Camp Caravans
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2013, 05:22:32 AM »
Then I would argue you're not looking at the issue from all angles. To say convenience is not a factor? I dare say that it is and you'd be making a mistake assuming that it isn't it. More over I have no idea if these players have even read this thread so really I have no idea if they were doing it out of spite or not.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 05:24:09 AM by Honoun »

Kaspar

« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2013, 05:30:26 AM »
Then I would argue you're not looking at the issue from all angles. To say convenience is not a factor? I dare say that it is and you'd be making a mistake assuming that it isn't it. More over I have no idea if these players have even read this thread so really I have no idea if they were doing it out of spite or not.

You don't get XP on this server after a certain level difference in dungeon vs player. So I don't see your point I am sorry.

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2013, 05:39:02 AM »
Yes but you still get RP XP if you actively do so if you went down there. Anyway, this is all beside the point and we are getting off track here as to the subject matter of this thread. My point was one of Convenience... Make it easy for players to get to other dungeons and they'll likely go there more often. Having a quicker travel times via a Caravan to Mist Camp could solve this one factor of this issue. If you can't see that then I'm sorry but I guess whats obvious to me is not so obvious to others.

Ehver

• Dark Lord
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2013, 06:34:06 AM »
Either that or you're not looking at it from their point of view. I get the point you lot are trying to make about how it's supposed to represent hardship and all that, I really do. I also understand that you can with a little effort circumvent the time it takes to travel from Vallaki to Mist Camp with a little preparation. I've done so myself often enough.

However, what a lot of you are not doing is putting the shoes of we who find it tedious on, and looking at the issue from our point of view. The trip was worth it the first few times sure, but now its just ad-nauseoum having to do it one more time... ugh.. "Here we go again" kind of feeling. The notion that the journey is supposed to represent the grandeur of distance and what not is lost after doing it the hundredth time. This is the point that the opener I believe was trying to make and was suggesting a method to alleviate the feeling.

I'm just going to quickly insert Honoun's quote back here, as really, that sums it up, regardless of everything else.
Ilinca Cristescu - Urban Witch
Player Faction: The Mistraiders

Silverfox

• Undead Master
  • Goggles
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2013, 07:25:58 AM »
With a group, I find walking the road actually gets really quite interesting. At low levels anyway, when you have to be tactical about getting past the Ogre spawns etc.

But lol, when I'm on a magic user in VoB or other domains, I invis, haste, run back to Vallaki and just ignore the rest of the scenery. Much as I appreciate well designed areas, kinda need to share the experience.

I don't travel at all on non-casters, because I don't want to have to deal with all the jogging and monsters on the road, particularly if I was to have to log out or leave my party.

And my highest level character is L7, so I wouldn't exactly say I was among the high level population that just jog and swat monsters out of their path. Some might say that means I have no business in other domains, though I'm not sure why I can't go and sit in the Port for crumpets with high level PCs lol. Elitism, maybe?

Anyhow, to conclude, I'm actually going to support Zhernebog with a mindset of "Why don't we trial it and be scientific? As opposed to playing Ezrites in the OOC section of the forums".
A most troublesome Fox.

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2013, 08:26:00 AM »
Yeah, ogre spawns can be fun, even if they're pretty tough to beat. Even with a group (as low levels that is.)
It would be nice if they're a tad further from the road so that there is an option to "sneak by", even without skill in stealth.
The greater wolfweres right outside of Vallaki might be a tad overkill regardless, that close to town, even if they only appear at night.