You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Flame Candle item  (Read 9360 times)

Ovidiu_Lacusta

Re: Flame Candle item
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013, 03:57:25 PM »
Seeing as I had around 10 on my main and I have not been out looting, that's what I was able to pick up at the vendor, they aren't a good sale item so I'm sure they're being stockpiled (low weight) to form pages and pages of insta-win.

ICly, my character will view the use of this item as reckless, pagan, and something that needs to be dealt with immediately. (Considering one use of the thing could kill every NPC layperson at mass.)

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2013, 05:50:10 PM »
ICly, my character will view the use of this item as reckless, pagan, and something that needs to be dealt with immediately. (Considering one use of the thing could kill every NPC layperson at mass.)

YAY! :D:lol::D who needs those filthy ezrites anyhow? :P

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2013, 06:46:48 PM »
Seeing as I had around 10 on my main and I have not been out looting, that's what I was able to pick up at the vendor, they aren't a good sale item so I'm sure they're being stockpiled (low weight) to form pages and pages of insta-win.

Good! Then we can report that Ezrites are murdering folks as it was told all along!:)
Currently playing:
Rudrig von Rachenthall - the travelling merchant

Ovidiu_Lacusta

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2013, 06:50:56 PM »
Personally of the opinion that no Ezrite should use this item since it is based on Druidic (pagan) roleplay.  And I can stock pile them and use them to wax my boots, so the boots shine when they stomp on somebody for using these.

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2013, 06:55:06 PM »
Personally of the opinion that no Ezrite should use this item since it is based on Druidic (pagan) roleplay.  And I can stock pile them and use them to wax my boots, so the boots shine when they stomp on somebody for using these.

Probably, however in Barovia, you do not have that kind of power, and killing someone for the use of the candle could and should be considered as an act of murder.
Also there are a number of paganist chars i think.
In portalucine you can most likely execute someone for useing it though. OFC it is just imho.
Currently playing:

Ovidiu_Lacusta

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2013, 06:58:34 PM »
Personally of the opinion that no Ezrite should use this item since it is based on Druidic (pagan) roleplay.  And I can stock pile them and use them to wax my boots, so the boots shine when they stomp on somebody for using these.

Probably, however in Barovia, you do not have that kind of power, and killing someone for the use of the candle could and should be considered as an act of murder.
Also there are a number of paganist chars i think.
In portalucine you can most likely execute someone for useing it though. OFC it is just imho.

Now I said stomp, I didn't say anything about killing anybody...  :twisted:  Though if the power of these items becomes more well known IC, Barovians might beg for the users of such to be lynched!  Well, that's my take on it anyway.  And I guess just a general promise of treating this very seriously in the context of religious roleplay.

Zhernebog

• Undead Master
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2013, 07:02:16 PM »
If it becomes a concern, if you survive the initial blast of instant win, you might be able to kill the offender and icly remove every last item they have. Although if you're fighting a stockpiler, you'll probably wind up a pile of ash.
Which really enhances the plotline of an entire populace of stockpiling nukes. We could play cold war in the middle ages.

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2013, 07:03:50 PM »
If it becomes a concern, if you survive the initial blast of instant win, you might be able to kill the offender and icly remove every last item they have. Although if you're fighting a stockpiler, you'll probably wind up a pile of ash.
Which really enhances the plotline of an entire populace of stockpiling nukes. We could play cold war in the middle ages.

The Barovian Badger VS The Dementlieu Dandy.

"You left the campfire back in the field. The entire grass field is on fire. Smokey the Bear is on the edge of the field, on his knees, sobbing into his hands."

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2013, 07:20:38 PM »

Actually...we are allready stockpileing. I managed to find 4 in a single run.

Now a few moments ago, i could have probably decimated the guarda faction with the use of one or two such candles. But since i am one openly talking against the item, would have been quite a hypocrite to do so.
Currently playing:

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2013, 03:05:08 PM »
They should be much rarer after the last update, only appearing in high-level areas.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Lucadia

• Dark Power
  • Feral Mystic
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2013, 07:47:54 PM »
the protection from evil candles are still spawning with no charges.

also iv not found a single shield or flame candle since the update..perhaps too rare?

Bluebomber4evr

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2013, 09:04:05 PM »

also iv not found a single shield or flame candle since the update..perhaps too rare?
I don't understand how they spawn with no charges, they have charges when I see them in the toolset.

The other two candles have a more appropriate gp value now, so now they're appropriately rare.

Lucadia

• Dark Power
  • Feral Mystic
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2013, 09:47:33 PM »
considering Iv not found one since the update with constant looting. they just might became more rare then a brooch

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2013, 10:27:42 PM »
considering Iv not found one since the update with constant looting. they just might became more rare then a brooch
Maybe we should ask George Bush to find em. [Bad joke is bad]

"You left the campfire back in the field. The entire grass field is on fire. Smokey the Bear is on the edge of the field, on his knees, sobbing into his hands."

Bluebomber4evr

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2013, 05:05:19 PM »
Considering how powerful the items in question are, that isn't a bad thing.

Bluebomber4evr

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2013, 05:37:01 PM »
I've figured out the issue. It will be fixed in the next update.

Bluebomber4evr

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2013, 01:18:22 PM »
As of the 1/28/2013 update, the flame candle now only has a 1% chance of appearing in the loot tables.

Zhernebog

• Undead Master
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2013, 12:05:43 PM »
As of the 1/28/2013 update, the flame candle now only has a 1% chance of appearing in the loot tables.
Glorious.