Author Topic: From Artist to Poisoner, Emanuele the Borcan Bard  (Read 5027 times)

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
Re: From Artist to Poisoner, Emanuele the Borcan Bard
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2013, 01:37:14 AM »
Whose Fury Hath Thou Raised?

Does the flame of vengeance burn?

The game is up, and the rodents have been uncovered.

They may kill me, or my family.  But our fury will live on after death.

For we have a Shadow, and the Shadow has fangs.

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2013, 08:03:00 AM »
Illithid.  If it isn't one thing, it's a brain devouring intellect absorbing squid (Note: Should eat calamari when I get back to Port.) men.   So, we have the Council of Brilliance on our backs, the Boritsi's are causing trouble, and now?  Mindflayers!

What kind of luck do I have!?

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2013, 10:00:11 AM »
Do you wish to know jealousy?

I am green, green with envy as I look around and I see all the happy couples.  I may be a monster inside.

But I'm a damned monster who needs love, too.

I can't help what I am, what and whom I desire.

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2013, 08:31:17 PM »
I did what I had to.

For you.

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2013, 02:11:39 PM »
"You truly are a Borcan Poisoner, turning men and women into animals."

I am not a monster, not like the Boritsis.  I did what I did.

For you.

--------

I should see Shiv.  I hope she understands.

--------

Need to research this Cult of the Silent Ones.  Do they have ties to the Illithid?  Or are they something else entirely?  All I know is that they are skilled in mind magic, and that is what troubles me most.

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2013, 01:01:41 AM »

There comes a time where you just know your card has been pulled.  My card?  The fool.  Additional card, the Murderer.  The first depicts you.  Rarely is your card wrong.  I made a move I know will lead me to bad places.  Bevel Boritsi looked right at me, tonight.  Right at me.  And glared.  That look you come to recognize in Borca as "you're going to pay."  My boss back at the old brothel in Levkarest gave it several times, during the time I worked the bar there.  Mainly to exceptionally unruley patrons.

I was the one burning their bodies the following night.  The bastards always deserved it, though.  Wife beaters, no lifes.  They all had it coming.  Their blood wasn't on my hands, I just did the cleaning up.

I got this look from Bevel Boritsi.  Bloody cousin to Ivana Boritsi, I think.  That means I am on their list of who they do not like.  I can only hope they'll have some mercy on me.  I've an investigation to complete.

I'll take the torture, just don't take me from my family.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 01:09:05 AM by Paragonville »

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2013, 02:13:22 AM »
"Does it sting, my son?"

"Yes... papa."

"Good."

-----

He was cold.  Winters chill had come early, this year, and he could feel it.  The cellar was cold, too cold.  Papa had the decency to give him back his oil lamp, but it did so very little.  He ran to mass of spare wool blankets and hid within, creating himself a haven in the biting chill rushing through the window outside.  He hated the basement, hated it more than anything.  He hated it when his sister would invite her friends over, and have them peek through the windows and laugh at him, and call him the "Cellar Boy."  He didn't understand why.  Why his family was going this to him.  Mother always loved him, until one day she didn't.  She only cried.

When mama cried, Emanuele did, as well, in the dim, dank cellar beneath Quattrocchi Manor.

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2013, 01:24:08 AM »
He could breath, just barely, the air seeming heavy as he tried to draw air into his lungs.  His arms were suspended above him, and his legs chained to the floor.  This wasn't the first time.  No, it was a daily occurrence, being chained by father.  All he wore was a pair of worn slacks that hung loosely on his slender hips.  He groaned, softly. 

He was thirteen.  By now, he knew what his father feared from him.  He had deviant desires.  Women were appealing, yes, ...but so were men.  And he hated himself for it.  Father chained him, here, stood before a painting of a nude make figure.  Normally, such a thing would interest him, but now, he knew what it meant. 

He heard his father come down the steps, whip in hand, the leather creaking as he tightened the coil.  The man was older, clearly, sporting a thick gray mustache.  What hair remained was slicked back.  He looked upon his son with only pity, before their session began.  Cries could be heard, around the house, as the boy was whipped.  Over, and over, and over again until the father was satisfied.

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2013, 10:21:45 AM »

Gambling has never been something I'm good at.  And, well, I gambled and it paid off.

And it cost be an eighth circle scroll.  But it was all worth it to hear the shocked cries of those pathetic cultists as they died.  Their bodies pounded into red smears upon the stone floor of the cave.  To hear the blades of my comrades run them through.  The fight has just begun.  The journey continues.

For now, I play my violin.

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2013, 02:18:09 AM »
I am losing faith in humanity by the day.

They watched her, watched him.

And they just watched.

They're all blind.  When will they see?

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2013, 11:57:14 PM »
By Ezra, please.

Just let me die.

Let this pain end.

------

I've lost everything.  Dearest Alessa.  My friends.  My family.  The one person I thought who cared has stabbed me in the back.  I wish she would just finish me.

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2013, 12:01:54 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gjCups8DAA[/youtube]

By Ezra.

It's time to mend.

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2013, 11:30:55 PM »
[The journal is in the hands of Siobhan Crowley.  Its binding is stained by ichor and blood.]