You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Barb Rage and incapped!  (Read 2865 times)

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
Barb Rage and incapped!
« on: December 26, 2012, 08:07:03 PM »
Sooo... when you barb rage, you get effective hp that wears off when the rage does. Which means if you get incapped while you're raging and the rage wears off, you're probably going to die instantly. It's not very pleasant. Any chance of this being changed? <_< >_>
: )

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
Re: Barb Rage and incapped!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 08:15:38 PM »
For some reason I just got an image of some metal spikey wire running around going RAWR!  :P

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 08:19:54 PM »
I know it can knock you unconcious, which more or less makes sense (exhaustion and injury as the adrenaline wears off?)
But can it actually kill you instantly as well if you get low enough..? Bypassing the bleeding out phase if damaged enough?

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 08:23:29 PM »
I know it can knock you unconcious, which more or less makes sense (exhaustion and injury as the adrenaline wears off?)
But can it actually kill you instantly as well if you get low enough..? Bypassing the bleeding out phase if damaged enough?

I was... -6, I think. Then it wears off and it drops me below -10, and I die. I imagine if you're a high enough level, since barb rage gives you 2 hp per level, it could probably kill you instantly if you're level 6 or higher.

Crimson Shuriken

• Happy Shoulders
  • Dark Power
  • Flying through the air with deadly intent!
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 09:13:45 PM »
That is working as designed and according the Barbarian rage mechanic.

I'm so casual, my shoes look like feet.

Blight

• Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 09:24:13 PM »
It is a price we barbarians should GLADLY pay for our great might.
Just another lesson from the School of Hard Knocks... PHD!

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 10:34:21 PM »

I was... -6, I think. Then it wears off and it drops me below -10, and I die. I imagine if you're a high enough level, since barb rage gives you 2 hp per level, it could probably kill you instantly if you're level 6 or higher.

Well, I have a level 8 barbarian and the bonus hp I get isn't -that- much. And my hp pool is insane, so yeah..
I think I ended up unconcious once or twice though, but mostly at the earlier levels.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 10:42:49 PM »

Well, I have a level 8 barbarian and the bonus hp I get isn't -that- much. And my hp pool is insane, so yeah..
I think I ended up unconcious once or twice though, but mostly at the earlier levels.

Barb Rage gives you +2 con bonus. That means you're getting 2 extra hp per level for the duration of the rage. ...Or was it +1... O_o

Silverfox

• Undead Master
  • Goggles
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 10:47:43 PM »
+1
A most troublesome Fox.

Cursed Ink

• Dark Lord
  • 1# Highest Bounty Winner
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 11:10:07 PM »
Been brought up before a couple of times. And I believe the resounding answer was 'Thats how rage is supposed to work, be careful.'

Ovidiu_Lacusta

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 12:52:39 AM »
If I may~ you could fight until downed and, summoning your reserves of primal strength, recover from incapacitated, temporarily!

Long enough to smite a surprised foe and down a potion, to be certain.  But not if you raged first... :D

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2012, 12:57:27 AM »
If I may~ you could fight until downed and, summoning your reserves of primal strength, recover from incapacitated, temporarily!

Long enough to smite a surprised foe and down a potion, to be certain.  But not if you raged first... :D

That would be an amazing use of barb rage. As it stands right now, I can't see a reason to pop it unless you already know you're going to win the fight.

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2012, 01:23:11 AM »
I believe it's called... last stand, or wind fall.  8)

"You left the campfire back in the field. The entire grass field is on fire. Smokey the Bear is on the edge of the field, on his knees, sobbing into his hands."

Juice

• Totally banged the
  • Dark Lord
  • Lawful Good Does Not Mean Lawful Nice.
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2012, 03:28:15 AM »
Barb Rage is basically you using all your strength and might to do what ever you need to for a short period of time its like adrenaline when your on it you unbeatable but when it wears off all the pain, cuts and broken bones suddenly become real and yo go into shock really.

Bet hint i can give: Rage early, Never as a last resort

Solomon Burke - Knight of the Dawn
Vasile Mikovich - Tigan Straight Outa Vallaki
Straven Crowe -  Hes somewhere around here.....

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 01:27:49 AM »
I rage as a last resort all the time.  If your death blow hits hard enough that you'd be below -10, it generally sets you somewhere randomly between -9 and 0 and dispels all buffs, which includes rage.  So it's possible (in fact I think it's more likely) to be incapacitated during rage and be fine.