Author Topic: Bottom of the Morninglord Crypts...  (Read 16246 times)

Daboomer

• Dark Power
Re: Bottom of the Morninglord Crypts...
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2013, 11:50:56 AM »
Was just down thre, likely on low spawn but i am pretty sure it is working so far, maybe a total of 20 enemies. Risen bones 12, warriors 4, archers rest.

-narwhal-

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2013, 05:32:11 AM »
Was just down thre, likely on low spawn but i am pretty sure it is working so far, maybe a total of 20 enemies. Risen bones 12, warriors 4, archers rest.

last time been at the last area i saw like 20-30 ONLY skeleton knights with 2-3 hecuvia or what the hell : D

ThePwush

• Sigilian Outlander
  • Dark Power
  • The mad Red Mink, eh, I mean, Monk ;)
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2013, 01:26:09 PM »

Eralynia and I saw something like this a few weeks ago. 
The "Anti-Monk". Crazy is your friend.

Rhetra'Bushion aka Rhetra, Sunshine, Petal, Spazz, "Damn, she's fast," and Her Giddiness.

-Semi-Retired-

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2013, 03:45:43 PM »
Try it when it's full of knights, Huecuvas, and a handful of Skeletal Lords.

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2013, 05:09:35 PM »
Try it when it's full of knights, Huecuvas, and a handful of Skeletal Lords.

Which sadly makes it again into the level 10-14 range farming zone....
Skeletal Lords, occasional High Heacuvas...:(
Currently playing:
Rudrig von Rachenthall - the travelling merchant

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2013, 05:31:19 PM »
You know what the real problem with the lowest level of the crypts is? It isn't the spawn, it's the locations that the knights come from. The majority of the skeletons come from the main room, so the tank tends to take up a defensive position there. But then other skeletons spawn in two or three locations behind the tank and that means that everyone in the group tends to get slaughtered, because the tank can't leave his spot at the doorway. And it's not as simple as putting a tank in the back, because the ones from behind pop up simultaneously, which means you need two or three tanky people in the back. And that's not generally viable for newbies.
: )

FullMoon

• Undead Master
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2013, 06:09:26 PM »
The lock DC's to the -2 level are always insane too.

FullMoon

• Undead Master
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2013, 06:10:42 PM »
You know what the real problem with the lowest level of the crypts is? It isn't the spawn, it's the locations that the knights come from. The majority of the skeletons come from the main room, so the tank tends to take up a defensive position there. But then other skeletons spawn in two or three locations behind the tank and that means that everyone in the group tends to get slaughtered, because the tank can't leave his spot at the doorway. And it's not as simple as putting a tank in the back, because the ones from behind pop up simultaneously, which means you need two or three tanky people in the back. And that's not generally viable for newbies.

Having an additonal heavy warrior or cleric guard the rear is a valid tactic.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2013, 06:14:53 PM »
Protip: If you are careful not moving further into the place before you are sure you've cleared the current wave, you should be able to control it much better. There are several "phases" that trigger at different points.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2013, 08:09:17 PM »
Given its a central hub area/dungeon i've always wondered why this area was not capped at 6 or 8 for the top spawns? this way then people can spread out for other areas, as it stands (to me at least) the chance for good loot (generally speaking) and a possible lvl range gain of 12 or so on highest spawns means you draw in folks

Like....maybe adjust the Zeklos crypts like this? seriously even on top spawn i laugh at that place compared to the ML crypts with a group of lvl 5's of four working together and also barovia village crypts...why were the traps ever removed there? I recall even on a lowish spawn back a few years or so that place was fun cause you needed a rogue to tag along, now its a laughable joke to get the loot there even with a crowbar, nto saying the DC's there need work but the lack of traps to handle really ruins the threat to me i guess

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2013, 08:30:35 PM »
Don't get me started on level distribution and the way certain people farm low level areas.  :roll:
: )

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2013, 02:39:32 AM »
Aww come on... Go on you know what to start  :P