Author Topic: NCW = New Character to Win  (Read 1898 times)

Time_Stomped

• Undead Master
NCW = New Character to Win
« on: December 23, 2012, 07:47:16 AM »
I've noticed that at least three incidents of killing and burning people's bodies on the first encounter of a PVP-combat.
Istavan Donner

Bardboy

• Undead Slayer
Re: NCW = New Character to Win
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 07:49:47 AM »
Im getting the feeling that some people view NCW as a free for all and throw away characters  :|
"And when everyone is special.. no one will be!"
Player of Rose Twain

Major Tom

• Undead Master
  • "Nobody has margaritas with pizza!"
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 09:46:16 AM »
Considering all the constant grief given about 'you should closure your characters', now the complaint is that there's too many closures?

"A monumental black hole. A swirling headstone marking the spot where we used to live and play and slaughter the innocent."

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 09:53:11 AM »
This is fairly common during NCW, it comes from the frustration of all those teams Soloing in the same direction

Time_Stomped

• Undead Master
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 09:55:14 AM »
This is fairly common during NCW, it comes from the frustration of all those teams Soloing in the same direction

I have no idea what you are talking about.
Istavan Donner

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 01:06:33 PM »
Considering all the constant grief given about 'you should closure your characters', now the complaint is that there's too many closures?

I think the complaint is actually grief. The grieving, not the closuring of characters.
Death mechanics do not equal a character being closured, I think this server has proven that much over the years.
(I've seen decapitated people come back from the dead and worse.)

I also have not a clue what Hellspanda is talking about.

Badelaire

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 01:18:30 PM »
Soloing in the same direction is a term jokingly referring to when several individuals are grouped up together largely for the necessity of having to band in order to attempt dungeons without any real team work or development between one another. Once the dungeon is done, boom, most go their own directions.

A few critiques of mine would be:

-Seeing a lot of PvP at the drop of hat, often for the silliest of reasons.

-Instigating the above and hiding behind NPC's.

-A lot of throw away nonsense characters made for the lulz until the week is over.

-Far too much OOC chatter, way beyond the normally accepted.

-Lot of anger OOC spilling into IC. Such as the one player verbally abusing another (brand new player) with F-bombs over breaking an NPC dialogue by accident.

Chill people. Works wonders for your health.

Silverfox

• Undead Master
  • Goggles
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 02:05:48 PM »
With everyone being low level atm, there seems to be a mentality of "spend half a day grinding, then red-until-dead anyone that messes with us".

Been playing a Drow, so I appreciate that I'm going to be attacked a lot, but it seems that a lot of people see me in an area, and feel the need to hunt me to death and burning, which is curious considering that I keep dealing with the same characters repeatedly (knocking them out, sending them running with their tail between their legs, healing my opponents back to consciousness for RP) and it was an obscenity for us to torch a recurring problem character.

On that note, I'd like to just say thank you to the people who've taken defeat graciously, and played along with their captures. You've given me some faith, and I hope you felt it was fairly handled and enjoyable.
A most troublesome Fox.

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 02:12:38 PM »

hmm we spoke about this team thing.

forgot to ask this team thing you talk about do they have a common goal?  or is the commong goal to go towards the same direction?
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

dark_majico

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 07:41:48 AM »
Well I havn't seen any of this going on. Ive been having fun, when admittedly I didn't think I would.

Fierna

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 11:44:22 AM »
I saw a little bit of it the other day, but I didn't give up, I kept RPing as some pushed through the dungeon, and lo and behold, they started RPing back. Me and two others kept to it until the rest caught on, and it led to some really great RP. You can't force people to RP if they've got an adventuring mood, but like it's been said, lead by example and they'll catch on. If they don't, then just find those who will :)