Author Topic: night outskirts garda  (Read 3302 times)

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
night outskirts garda
« on: December 22, 2012, 02:04:52 AM »
Hello,

i thought I would make a thread just to discuss how much a pain in the butt that garda is with his constant horn blowing yet can't do anything to stop the monsters. Can he please be made to kill those beasts or die trying? or just remove his horn? it is rather annoying

-herkles

Phantasia

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • ¿
Re: night outskirts garda
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 02:08:00 AM »
This just shatters immersion. I think it would be a good idea to hop on this pronto. A DM can't always be around to clean him up.
Le cœur voit plus loin que l'esprit.
The heart sees further than the mind.

Boots

• Princess Postledash
  • Dark Power
  • The Bard Queen
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 02:08:44 AM »
This just shatters immersion. I think it would be a good idea to hop on this pronto. A DM can't always be around to clean him up.

Agreed x 100000, driving me insane with the constant horn blowing

Fierna

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 02:14:32 AM »
Maybe he really wanted to be a trumpet player when he grew up. So while he's on duty at night, he practices. Allowing himself to not only improve his musical talent, but also chase off the monsters that might think him a tasty meal :)

I mean, c'mon now, cut him some slack. He can't exactly go to the tavern and play with a band, so he's gotta get unrefined music somewhere.

:lol: :roflmao: :wakka:

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 02:16:51 AM »
Maybe he really wanted to be a trumpet player when he grew up. So while he's on duty at night, he practices. Allowing himself to not only improve his musical talent, but also chase off the monsters that might think him a tasty meal :)

I mean, c'mon now, cut him some slack. He can't exactly go to the tavern and play with a band, so he's gotta get unrefined music somewhere.

his slack has been cut after the 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 horn blow in the same night

Boots

• Princess Postledash
  • Dark Power
  • The Bard Queen
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 02:37:45 AM »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY, NO.

Dusk

• Finder of Lost Children
  • Dark Power
  • Enjoys Port-a-Lucine
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 02:58:31 AM »
I wouldn't lose sleep if this particular Garda was ripped to shreds by Werewolves.

Boots

• Princess Postledash
  • Dark Power
  • The Bard Queen
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 03:04:40 AM »
Or Tati.

Silverfox

• Undead Master
  • Goggles
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 07:58:17 AM »
:D He wants to be a Bard. Unhand him, you fiends.

But seriously speaking he is a bit of an annoying berk, particularly in NCW when no one can kill what he's tootling about.
A most troublesome Fox.

Zhernebog

• Undead Master
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 11:13:50 AM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P40TP1ughek[/youtube]
I always imagine this is the garda horn.

Boots

• Princess Postledash
  • Dark Power
  • The Bard Queen
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 01:54:04 AM »

AHAHAHAH Screw you South Africa

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2012, 06:10:43 AM »
Part of the cause is also wererats in the noble district spawning at the 17th hour, which shouldn't be the case?

Just saw them spawn on top of a group of nobles, who were completly slaughtered in moments.
After which the garda rushed the threath and kept spamming their horns constantly.

There was an Aberrant Humanoid Wererat though, so none of them could actually damage it. Might need to fix that? Or remove such ridicilously high spawns entirely?

Boots

• Princess Postledash
  • Dark Power
  • The Bard Queen
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2012, 06:38:16 AM »
Was really bad tonight, ended up logging. [/rant]

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2012, 06:46:35 AM »
  PLEASE PLEASE... someone stop this. It's annoying. All night, horns blowing... :(
Elena Vasilovici - "Better die for something than live for naught"

Maric Arnand

• Undead Slayer
  • The Gnome Master
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2012, 07:19:47 AM »

AHAHAHAH Screw you South Africa

I don't know whether to laugh or insulted... i guess I'll laugh  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
but yes that is what the guard horns sound like..especially when trying to have as discussion in the wayfarers lodge and  all you hear is that Horn
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 07:22:55 AM by Maric Arnand »

Boots

• Princess Postledash
  • Dark Power
  • The Bard Queen
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 07:33:31 AM »
O.O

I mean-

WOO, GO SOUTH AFRICA

Time_Stomped

• Undead Master
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 10:38:38 AM »
Part of the cause is also wererats in the noble district spawning at the 17th hour, which shouldn't be the case?

Just saw them spawn on top of a group of nobles, who were completly slaughtered in moments.
After which the garda rushed the threath and kept spamming their horns constantly.

There was an Aberrant Humanoid Wererat though, so none of them could actually damage it. Might need to fix that? Or remove such ridicilously high spawns entirely?

I saw it, it's true.

It's also true the script for blowing horns with multiple guarda on a target fires too quickly at repetition and FLOODS things.
Istavan Donner

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 10:50:35 AM »
It seems to be firing literally every round(?) per garda, if not more. (I mean literally every attack they make.)

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 12:52:02 PM »
It seems to be firing literally every round(?) per garda, if not more. (I mean literally every attack they make.)

I try to imagine this... He hits, then he blows the horn. Why wouldn't the enemy just hit the horn so he would bloody swallow it :/. I swear poor vallaki citizens haven't slept in the last few nights.
Elena Vasilovici - "Better die for something than live for naught"

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2012, 01:04:02 PM »

I try to imagine this... He hits, then he blows the horn. Why wouldn't the enemy just hit the horn so he would bloody swallow it :/. I swear poor vallaki citizens haven't slept in the last few nights.

Because they're likely stunned by the awful sound it produces. Hence why the situation seems to last all night, until one of the two forces retreats.