You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: NCW Characters  (Read 11854 times)

Time_Stomped

• Undead Master
Re: NCW Characters
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2012, 06:57:30 AM »
After the bandit MPCs died things got too boring.  Maybe we should have more (A)mpcs around all the time.
Istavan Donner

Fen'lo Taaran

• Outlander
« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2012, 07:07:46 AM »
People can just always move to a different dungeon. ML faction is hardly boring. I see no one doing the morning sermons, or asking people to pray in order to receive blessings. All I see if a few dawnbringers going "we r dawnbringers" letting god knows what fly inside the church, and generally just standing next to an archway pretending to be a tree. A base is only as interesting as you make it, there is nothing saying that the Dawnbringers must stay at the church, hell, there's a wood of shadows literally 3 areas trans away from you, there's another abandoned fort 4-5 trans away from the church. The encounters and RP are there to be had. There is also nothing stopping people from holding events in-town, or even trying to clear the neuri out during the night so that the stragglers might live. The only reason stagnation exists, is if you let it. The DMs and aMPCs can only sdo so much, sometimes the players have to get off their arses and make something happen themselves.

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2012, 04:43:13 PM »
People can just always move to a different dungeon. ML faction is hardly boring. I see no one doing the morning sermons, or asking people to pray in order to receive blessings. All I see if a few dawnbringers going "we r dawnbringers" letting god knows what fly inside the church, and generally just standing next to an archway pretending to be a tree. A base is only as interesting as you make it, there is nothing saying that the Dawnbringers must stay at the church, hell, there's a wood of shadows literally 3 areas trans away from you, there's another abandoned fort 4-5 trans away from the church. The encounters and RP are there to be had. There is also nothing stopping people from holding events in-town, or even trying to clear the neuri out during the night so that the stragglers might live. The only reason stagnation exists, is if you let it. The DMs and aMPCs can only sdo so much, sometimes the players have to get off their arses and make something happen themselves.

right...well as long as folks keep preferring the crypts over rp, or hunting away, you cant do a thing. We offered to a number of folks to join us on our hunting session, we even talk about openly, just nobody cares. We try to even spend the nights in different place...but it is easier to stay in the temple and go down every once in a while to farm, and sadly dms hold most of their events there, because folks just stay there, and do not move. (Free heal, easy xp, there is allways someone to retrieve you, morninglord tonics, decent loot, no wonder folks stay there sadly, oh not to forget the free +1 vs the enemies down there.)
Also it is worse when they abuse Liz like hell to farm out the **** of the crypts.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 04:45:34 PM by Ercvadasz »
Currently playing:
Rudrig von Rachenthall - the travelling merchant

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2012, 04:55:57 PM »
I'm glad that as the end of NCW nears, I've been seeing more and more people spending some time in the tavern instead.
It's not a massive change or large numbers, but it's a step in the right direction again at least. The 30 people in the church at once days were getting ridicilous.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2012, 05:05:51 PM »
I'm glad that as the end of NCW nears, I've been seeing more and more people spending some time in the tavern instead.
It's not a massive change or large numbers, but it's a step in the right direction again at least. The 30 people in the church at once days were getting ridicilous.

I'd hang out in there but Radu doesn't like me for some reason.  :roll:
: )

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2012, 06:26:09 PM »
Well, it's not about the tavern. It's the fact people are spreading the RP out over more than a single indoor area.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2012, 06:49:40 PM »
Very little of my RP/encounters actually happens in the temple. Some in the crypts, a lot in the village and sewers.
: )