Author Topic: Merchant Conversations  (Read 1821 times)

Ehver

• Dark Lord
Merchant Conversations
« on: December 15, 2012, 02:32:38 PM »
Would it be possible to at least have an option (if it doesn't exist already) to turn off the merchant conversations from appearing in the public chat window... I know there have been multiple occasions when I've been RPing at the Vistani Camp only to be swamped by text when someone opens the merchant window (often multiple times) resulting in a very lengthy conversation, followed by another wall of text as that person proceeds to sell all of their loot.

It's really a minor concern and not that big of an issue, but it can be irritating when you're trying to have a serious conversation, only to have waves upon waves of merchant chatter submerging everything anyone says. : )
Ilinca Cristescu - Urban Witch
Player Faction: The Mistraiders

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
Re: Merchant Conversations
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 02:40:33 PM »
Do you mean the Travel captain? Since the merchant its really easy to avoid, since you can just leave his wagon

Silverfox

• Undead Master
  • Goggles
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 02:52:01 PM »
Petre. Petre is really annoying.
A most troublesome Fox.

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 02:52:46 PM »
oh right!, I was thinking Mist Camp for some reason

Ehver

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 02:43:11 PM »
Yeah, Petre is intensely annoying, but there are numerous situations in which the chatter from NPCs can flood the screen and completely derail RP. : ) I've run into this sort of thing on many occasions, in many different places. It would be nice to have the option to turn this off.
Ilinca Cristescu - Urban Witch
Player Faction: The Mistraiders

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 02:46:05 PM »
what is more annoying IMO is when you conduct bussiness with PC merchants and the chat window is flooded with trade messages. [x recieved something from y] over and over again >.>

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 02:50:06 PM »
what is more annoying IMO is when you conduct bussiness with PC merchants and the chat window is flooded with trade messages. [x recieved something from y] over and over again >.>

That. Skeleton knuckles and Luzica... need I say more? Urgh...

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 04:17:18 PM »
I think you mean "Those" and not "That"... Yes I'm bored so I'm pointing out your grammer mistakes :P

Bloodied Lotus

• New to the Mists
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 05:58:51 PM »
I think you mean "Those" and not "That"... Yes I'm bored so I'm pointing out your grammer mistakes :P

Grammar.
Temperance Levasseur
Lithaldoren Valqirelle

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 06:07:11 PM »

Actually he was using it properly. the "that" was in reference to my post, which he was agreeing with. :P so yea :P

Zhernebog

• Undead Master
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 06:19:51 PM »

Actually he was using it properly. the "that" was in reference to my post, which he was agreeing with. :P so yea :P
Grammar arguments:

Anyway in total agreement with nixing the chatter of npcs

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 07:00:36 PM »

That. Is correct.