You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Has Bioware/EA dropped any support for NWN1?  (Read 1526 times)

Woosh

• New to the Mists
Has Bioware/EA dropped any support for NWN1?
« on: December 15, 2012, 11:36:09 AM »
Hey guys, I haven't been playing for awhile. But I have a question, cause I bought new keys from gog.com (they are only 5 eur in this season for Diamond NWN). I can't register a new account in-game, can this be a problem? If their master servers decide to go back on, and then someone else creates an account with this name or something (I don't see why anyone should, but just a little concerning thought). If I connect to Ravenloft with my 'non-existant' account, cause I can't make one right now :S is it a problem as well? I remember I could somehow add my cd-keys to my account in-game.

Then I thought I can go to their website and register a in-game NWN acc from there, but nope. I couldn't even add cd-keys on that site anymore, this is why I asked if anyone knows that they stopped supporting this game?

Thank You, if you find time to reply ^_^

Crimson Shuriken

• Happy Shoulders
  • Dark Power
  • Flying through the air with deadly intent!
Re: Has Bioware/EA dropped any support for NWN1?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 12:17:29 PM »
Ravenloft PotM's Community FAQ

Quote from: Ravenloft PotM FAQ
The game tells me I'm banned?! What's up?
-If you purchased the game from gog.com, you need to request a unique CD key to be able to play online. Look here more info here.

GOG.com and being banned from multiplayer

If you have recently purchased NWN Diamond from www.gog.com you may notice that any time you try to join a multiplayer game, you will get a ban message. This is because the digital copy from gog.com comes with a generic, non-unique CDKey. You need to request a multiplayer CDKey from gog.com, which you can do here:

http://www.gog.com/en/support/neverwinter_nights_diamond_edition/online_play_in_neverwinter_nights_diamond/

I'm so casual, my shoes look like feet.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 12:21:07 PM »
@crimson: his issue is that he can not seem to make an account for the game not the cd key issue.

RedwizardD

• Scrollord
  • Dark Power
  • Avoid Attention - Critical Failure
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 12:44:54 PM »
If their master servers decide to go back on, and then someone else creates an account with this name or something (I don't see why anyone should, but just a little concerning thought). If I connect to Ravenloft with my 'non-existent' account, cause I can't make one right now :S is it a problem as well? I remember I could somehow add my cd-keys to my account in-game.

My friend I believe every last one of us is account screwed if the master servers were to come back online.

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 01:29:20 PM »
Bioware doesn't really support the game anymore, and the Master Server in all likelihood will never come back.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

DM Samedi

• Ad hoc champion
  • Dungeon Masters
  • Undead Master
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 01:59:38 PM »
To add to that Gamespy has dropped support too when the company changed hands.

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 02:49:10 PM »
The server list issue is related to Gamespy support being dropped. The Master server only verified that you were the owner of the account you were logged into.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002