Author Topic: Graphics  (Read 2005 times)

Lucadia

• Dark Power
  • Feral Mystic
Graphics
« on: November 25, 2012, 01:16:19 AM »
Iv never seen these kinda of issues until this week and its increasing in frequenqcy with transitions.
Graphics card issue?

ThePwush

• Sigilian Outlander
  • Dark Power
  • The mad Red Mink, eh, I mean, Monk ;)
Re: Graphics
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 01:18:34 AM »
I have noticed too, as well, on and off.  Just occasionally, though.
The "Anti-Monk". Crazy is your friend.

Rhetra'Bushion aka Rhetra, Sunshine, Petal, Spazz, "Damn, she's fast," and Her Giddiness.

-Semi-Retired-

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 01:20:38 AM »
This happens to me when I've had my NWN open for about 8 hours and I'm minimizing. >_>
: )

Dobian

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 05:48:31 AM »
Similar thing this week, I was getting weird textures on the trees and ground at the Vistani camp the other day, looked like psychedelic wrapping paper.  Had to restart to get rid of it a coujple of times.

Tabitha Dalenner, Faerun
Sentire Stefania Milea, Borca
Paulette Gérard, Dementlieu
Salina Pandora, Faerun
Louis Mingo, Souraigne

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 08:45:10 AM »
Had that in a different game, MMO, a long while ago. I think it was related to my graphics card and the rapidly detereorating (if I spelled that right) state of my PC.
It might also have something to do with specific seasonal related changes on the server? Just a guess, since we recently went from the winter weather to the spring.
(Those mists in front of the Lady's Rest -seemed- to be the cause of some yellow bug text appearing on my screen at least, but again.. not certain if that actually caused it.)

EberronBruce

• Dark Power
  • Legos
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 09:37:34 AM »
Seems a graphic rendering problem, thus graphic card.

What specs is your machine? This might help in troubleshooting.

Lucadia

• Dark Power
  • Feral Mystic
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 10:39:51 AM »
Im saying iv not had any problems until this week, when nothing has changed setting wises or machine wise since I started the server. but its now several times a day occurence , and not with just the outskirts

eyeofpestilence

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 10:44:34 AM »
Try cleaning dust in the machine and vents. Graphics card or chip may be overheating with the extensive play times.

Thanks DW!

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 12:19:09 PM »
Artifacting caused by graphic card overheating, chances are you'll be needing to replace in the future soon enough.

"You left the campfire back in the field. The entire grass field is on fire. Smokey the Bear is on the edge of the field, on his knees, sobbing into his hands."

Crimson Shuriken

• Happy Shoulders
  • Dark Power
  • Flying through the air with deadly intent!
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 01:47:17 PM »
Try cleaning dust in the machine and vents. Graphics card or chip may be overheating with the extensive play times.
Good advice, take off the CPU cover/heat sink and give it a good compressed air bath

I'm so casual, my shoes look like feet.

Mark Johansen

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 03:13:57 PM »
Good advice, take off the CPU cover/heat sink and give it a good compressed air bath

Should only be done if you know what your doing. also need coolingpaste for this.

Wingfree

• New to the Mists
    • Dances of Dragons
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 11:13:19 AM »
I had a TI-4600 back in the day...bought it for nwn...and yeah 2 years ago... it finally busted out. However for a couple years before I got a new machine...I would get strange graphics like that... a green strip , rainbow strip and so on. Its a sign of heat, and possible damage. Sooner or later the video card will give out. Watch the frequency,,, if you are finding its happening all the time, I would suggest looking for a new video card.