Author Topic: Shields  (Read 4984 times)

Crimson Shuriken

• Happy Shoulders
  • Dark Power
  • Flying through the air with deadly intent!
Re: Shields
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2012, 03:26:45 PM »
Yep. Geiger speaks true story.
Its one of the things I had to get used to on NWN when I started, at first seeing Barbarians and Clerics all using towershields without fail was hard to get used to as its so rare/not seen using pnp rules.

I'm so casual, my shoes look like feet.

Geiger

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2012, 03:30:22 PM »
It's also pretty easy to fix up using .2da editing. Could go a long way of balancing out a lot of stuff. I have been experimenting with our hak/.2da files for about half a year now trying to figure out features in PnP that are useful/possible/might be worth bringing over to bring some cool stuff. (It's actually really easy to add new spells/feats/edit classes - the only issue is I don't know how to script. But there's a lot of stuff in there where you can more or less ghetto rig it hahah.)

RigorMortis

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2012, 05:05:38 PM »
It's also pretty easy to fix up using .2da editing. Could go a long way of balancing out a lot of stuff. I have been experimenting with our hak/.2da files for about half a year now trying to figure out features in PnP that are useful/possible/might be worth bringing over to bring some cool stuff. (It's actually really easy to add new spells/feats/edit classes - the only issue is I don't know how to script. But there's a lot of stuff in there where you can more or less ghetto rig it hahah.)

There is an auto-patch for rangers available that changes their HD to 8, gives them HiPS at 17, fixes the spell list, makes thier saves for Fortitude and Reflex instead of just Reflex, fixes the feats they recieve and is relativly easy to download. There are also fixes for druid shapshifting, Shifter shifting, and fixing the druid spell list, I don't know the technicality but it seems like alot of the fixes are available including the one that makes Tower shield proficiency a seperate feat like this suggestion, also some more feats added to fighters, I know it won't be scripted by our server-specific scripters but I think we can branch out a little for the improvement.

Even if it's just worth the test trial, it could indeed fix things.