You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: PotM-Specific Feats  (Read 1843 times)

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
PotM-Specific Feats
« on: December 04, 2012, 12:19:32 AM »
I know they're out there, Warding Gesture, Two-Weapon Defense, etcetera. But I cannot find any documentation on them at all, aside from other threads of people trying to piece together what all is available and what they do.
: )

redzarna

• New to the Mists
Re: PotM-Specific Feats
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 06:45:26 PM »
As far as I can see in the .2da these are all the extra feats included in PotM (not counting tools such as Examine Object or Save Character, that are technically feats as well):

Two Weapon Defense
Type of Feat: General
Prerequisite: 15 Dex and Two Weapon Fighting
Required For: Improved Two Weapon Defense
Specifics: When wielding two weapons you gain a +1 shield bonus to your Armor Class.  If you fight defensively this bonus increases to +2.
Use: Automatic

Improved Two Weapon Defense
Prerequisite: 17 Dex, Two Weapon Defense, Base Attack Bonus +6
Specifics: When wielding two weapons you gain a +2 shield bonus to your Armor Class.  If you fight defensively this bonus increase to +4.

Sharp Eyes
Prerequisite: None
Specifics: You have a knack for noting tiny details and things that may be out of place.  You gain a +2 bonus on all Spot and Search checks.

Soothing Presence
Specifics: You have a calm air about you that calms even the most savage spirits.  You gain a +2 bonus on all Influence and Animal Empathy checks.

Willbreaker
Specifics: You have a gift for forcing your will upon others.  You gain a +2 bonus on all Antagonize and Influence checks.

Greater Skill Focus (Skill)
Prerequisite: Skill Focus in the chosen skill.
Specifics: The character gains a +6 bonus on all skill checks with the chosen skill.
Use: Automatic.

Warding Guesture (Race)
Prerequisites: Wisdom 11+, Charisma 11+
Specifics: At some point in the past, a relative or friend taught you a simple folk gesture to keep the minions of evil at bay. Though you rely on this superstition reflexively, unnatural creatures are genuinely fearful of you when you brandish such a sign. Whether this is because of its occult power or simply your belief in its power is uncertain.
As a standard action that provokes an Attack of Opportunity, you can make a simple gesture. Treat the gesture as a passive gaze attack. Creatures of your chosen type must make a Will save (DC = 10 + 1/2 your character level + your Charisma bonus) if they view the gesture. Failure to make the Will save results in the creature acting as if the under the effects of a fear spell.
Use: Selected

Detect Evil
Type of Feat: Supernatural
Prerequisites: Paladin Level 2
Specifics: By concentrating for up to 3 rounds, you may discern the location of nearby chaotic auras.
Use: Selection

Inspire Courage
Type of Feat: Supernatural
Prerequisites: Paladin Level 2
Specifics: You inspire nearby allies granting them a +4 bonus to Will saving throws versus fear.
Duration: 1 Turn/Level
Use: Selected

And I think that's it. I didn't add the different combat modes because those are granted automatically to all characters, and I didn't add any original feat that might have been modified, because I don't know if that's the case for any of them.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 08:47:21 AM by redzarna »

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 09:32:53 PM »
Greater skill focus is no longer available.

redzarna

• New to the Mists
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 08:51:34 AM »
Ah, I see. I just saw the entry in feats.2da and the tlk, and didn't check whether it was actually available or not  :oops:

Still, except for Two Weapon Defense and Improved Two Weapon Defense, and the Paladin feats (that they get automatically at level 2 anyway) the extra feats seem to be available to all characters with no requirements, so, yeah, what you see in the feat selection at any given time is what there is regarding to new feats.