Author Topic: Nelithia: Pauses For Thought  (Read 2951 times)

PsychedelicShroom

• Undead Slayer
  • Crazy...
Nelithia: Pauses For Thought
« on: December 02, 2012, 06:13:02 AM »
I went to see a friend today. I say a friend, but, I know the things she says when she thinks I am not in earshot. She doesn't know that all things are heard by me, in time. Being perceived as stupid, or insane, is a blessing. Sometimes, I see it as a curse. I think I am done with her. She did save my life, but she insults my intelligence. I do not know how to deal with that.

The other one...

I was tempted to tell her how many times I have interceded for her, but such confessions would have looked petty, and hardly believable. I don't want her dead, plain and simple. She serves a purpose, even greater than demonstrating how to look down upon others with a proper wrinkled nose. I must practice that. Might be useful.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 06:17:29 AM by PsychedelicShroom »

PsychedelicShroom

• Undead Slayer
  • Crazy...
Re: Nelithia: Pauses For Thought
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 07:04:47 AM »
I have so much on my plate right now. For the last couple of weeks I have been pushing the vegetables and meat around with my fork, not committing to a bite.

Not sure which I want to eat first. The Gods know I am hungry.

PsychedelicShroom

• Undead Slayer
  • Crazy...
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 12:42:15 AM »
I was subjected to a hood check today. When asked what my profession was, I replied that I was a bounty hunter. Never mind the fact that I have only returned one bounty to the Garda, though, several have been turned in elsewhere. The Garda I despise, that Pavlenco, yelled out that there are several bounties, uncollected. I almost replied to him that I was not Garda, they are not MY job, but, I refrained. Holding my tongue is a useful skill, and I think that life would be more pleasant today had I learned this skill earlier.

I know now, since my attack on the werebear, that I do possess formidable power. I think that it is time to use it and collect some well earned fang, and maybe some respect.

PsychedelicShroom

• Undead Slayer
  • Crazy...
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 03:20:34 AM »
I might have been a fool but I opened up to someone... a kindred spirit... this person has a set of rules even more paranoid than my own.

If this comes back to bite me, then so be it. It is time for the world to meet Nelithia as I want to be, not Nelithia as I was.

The New Rule:

I will not tolerate betrayal. It will be met with swift and terrible vengeance. This I swear.

PsychedelicShroom

• Undead Slayer
  • Crazy...
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 08:20:03 AM »
I am reminded, recently, seeing a newly-misted carrying his dead friend to safety, of the time when I first dealt with the spectre of death, and all of the gruesomeness it involves.

The Solamnics were clearing a village where I and my comrades had set up an ambush.Ii had been attached to a group that consisted of a half dozen archers,  a dozen fighters, a priest and a wizard. My job was to spring the ambush by launching several balls of energy at their strongest point, while the fighters closed with them. The wizard would counter any magic the Solamnics could conjure. The priest was there for moral support and to bolster the line where needed.

After she fired her first missile in hostility, chaos reigned. There were more of them than expected. They rushed us on a hundred man strong wave, and our fighters managed so somehow hold them back.

I felt a hot blast and was thrown back, through a doorway and against the far wall. Something hitme and I blacked out with a sharp flash of white and a jab of pain.

When I awoke, I heard a gurgling noise. I thought it was me and my hand flashed up to my throat, but I was whole. I then noticed a heavy weight on my hips. I was seated against a wall, facing a doorway, and I could see out the doorway int the road beyond. I saw horses, and men, rushing past the doorway.

Looking down, I saw what was on my lap. It was a beautiful young man, my age, with what appeared to be a large chunk of metal, I could see that it used to be a breastplate, lodged through the young man's chain armor and into his ribs.

The man was awake, and looking down at his own chest, not seeming to comprehend the seriousness of what he saw there.

He turned his head and looked at me, and I saw the horror in his eyes as he realized what his situation was.

"Help me..."

I did the only thing I knew how to do. I did not feel pity for the man. I cut his throat.

I felt nothing.

I haven't thought of this young man in quite sometime. Now, he haunts my dreams.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 08:21:52 AM by PsychedelicShroom »

PsychedelicShroom

• Undead Slayer
  • Crazy...
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 03:36:00 AM »
I had this dream.

In this dream, a woman's voice caused me to pause.

"Nelithia..."

I paused again. I looked around me and saw nothing with my true sight.

"Who is there?" I looked around suspiciously again, seeing nothing, I continued on my Path, returning from Port, which is a long walk in the wintertime.

"My Daughter, you know who I am."

I knew.

"What is it you wish of me, my Savior? My Queen?" I smiled when I said that.

"You must spread my message. The time is coming. You are My Prophetess and my Champion."

So, it has finally come down to this?

I jolted awake from my dream, and I pondered it for some time.

PsychedelicShroom

• Undead Slayer
  • Crazy...
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 12:54:03 PM »
I think I have drank most of the wine in Port.

My head throbs. Every little noise is a cacophony. My punishment. It even hurts to write into this wretched journal.

I have not heard any news from Vallaki. I don't want to. I've finally taken a stand against those who are my enemies, and I know that it will lead to my death, eventually.

In doing so, I sacrificed those whom I promised never to betray. I feel guilt, but it is somewhat tempered by the knowledge that those whom I have betrayed have already betrayed me. I am now in league with those who took my beloved Lucas from me. I should feel happy that I have done something honorable. If so, why have I been abusing my body with wine and spirits? Why do I sit in my room and cry so?

I wonder when I am going to understand emotion.

I am sorry, Tatiana. I told you I served Her. Did you think that I would just let you betray your humanity with those who sought to use you for their own ends? Did you think my Oath to Her would go unfulfilled? Especially with them? My sworn enemies?

I am Her prophet. Her Champion. If it means I have to burn the Core to fulfill my destiny, then so be it.

PsychedelicShroom

• Undead Slayer
  • Crazy...
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 04:41:12 PM »
I don't think I have ever felt so dead. My purpose when I was baptised was to cleanse Her church, but now I see that Her church is no longer whole. The corruption of mortals has eaten at it's very foundation and through the weight of their sins, it is crumbling.

My sect makes a great deal about destroying heretics.

I spoke to Stefania, and carina and those whom I was supposed to hunt down and destroy. They wanted what I wanted. They saw what I saw. Yet, there was even corruption within them, for they all fell.

According to what I know, I am a heretic, but not to Her, no. I am a heretic because I do not believe that the church hierarchy has Her best interests in mind.

I am powerless to change it, because I am Laity.

I despair that Her message, her revelations, are being used against themselves by mortals who can only see what they want for Her, not what she wants from them.

Ezra... please... I beseech you with all of my being, tell me what i need to do.

PsychedelicShroom

• Undead Slayer
  • Crazy...
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 04:55:18 AM »
She got her answer.

The last time Nelithia was seen, she disappeared into  he blazing heat of the desert.

Behind her were questions about things that only she knew the answers for, deaths with causes only truly known to her.

PsychedelicShroom

• Undead Slayer
  • Crazy...
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 11:05:53 AM »
I read this thing after stowing it away and forgetting about it for over a year. I don't know what I was thinking.

I've given much thought as to my status in the Church, however. I'm just going to leave the Church alone, for the things I hear of it, of my old sect, and some of the people within, sicken me. Ezra, if you ever spoke to me, I never heard it. Not through the stinking corruption, at least. Maybe someone will come along and right things, but it is not going to be me. I wash my hands.

After years of crawling in the filth, I've come out, clean.

There's been some hitches, but I find that life as it is now suits me better than stinking like sewage and grave mold.

PsychedelicShroom

• Undead Slayer
  • Crazy...
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 09:20:07 AM »
It has been a boring, and interesting past couple of weeks.

There is a young Barovian, named Toma, who joined the Wachter army in the assault against Vallaki.

I find myself fascinated by him.

He is terrified of me.

He should be.

I'm a witch.

Though, I must really hold my tongue a bit more when having my fun. He's convinced I've hired someone to kill him.

I don't hire out for things that I can easily do myself, and I haven't hired any killers yet. I don't plan to either.

Murder is wrong.

PsychedelicShroom

• Undead Slayer
  • Crazy...
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2015, 04:11:13 AM »
For whatever it matters I have become a changed woman.

My attitude, for one. I don't find any point in being angry at the world anymore.

I've taken on a tutor who knows how to conduct arcane battle. I've been training with him, learning from him. I've heard that I was considered unreliable in battle because of my old habits. Truth be told, I never really had anyone properly teach me. In the army, I was given orders and did as I was told. I would have learned, eventually, but the mists had their way and I've had to figure it out for myself. Now, maybe, those Dementleuese women will stop looking down their noses at me.

Red.The man confounds me. However, he has turned out to be a true friend. In every sense of the phrase. I hope I can live up to that responsibility.

I like the woman I have become. Looking at the world without the filter of anger and hatred paints everything a different color.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 04:14:07 AM by PsychedelicShroom »

PsychedelicShroom

• Undead Slayer
  • Crazy...
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2015, 10:09:29 PM »
A few years ago I arrived in Port a Lucine for the first time, and it was ana amazing place compared to the dark and often terrifying Barovia.

I discovered opium.

Since then I have burned through an incredible amount of gold keeping myself supplied with it.

Until today.

After this week, I feel raw, and like a ghost of myself.

I have to stay away from Port, for now.

PsychedelicShroom

• Undead Slayer
  • Crazy...
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2016, 12:15:44 AM »
I've reconnected with Moonie, again.

I'd been thinking about him lately.

I wondered if I truly loved him, and decided that I preferred his presence over all others because he understands me.

I missed him. I want him near me always.

I guess that's love.