Author Topic: win 8 compatability  (Read 1724 times)

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
win 8 compatability
« on: November 26, 2012, 02:35:26 AM »
Well tried to put NWN1 on my laptop, [diamond] and no matter what i try it wont run for me i get the not compatible message. Tried running it in xp service pack 3 and as admin and no luck, can anyone walk me through it?

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
Re: win 8 compatability
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 02:45:22 AM »
On win8?

I just ran it, and it threw up a compatibility message and its run without flaw ever since

tzaeru

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 08:05:00 AM »
Some laptops might be more problematic as they run specialized drivers and hardware that no longer may have legacy support (and often, not even full support of the current specifications), unless someone has come up with a solution and you can manage to google it out (perhaps try googling your laptop's model and "running old software" or something akin) it's possible there isn't a real working solution.

Fact remains that my HP laptop, for example, wont run all games (modern and old) as it uses HP's own graphic drivers that do not support the full specification of OpenGL (more specifically, the shader specs) and there isn't a working alternative solution as of yet.

Eventually, though, NWN should be runnable in a virtual environment. :P
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 08:07:36 AM by tzaeru »

Kendric98

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 02:19:33 PM »
Some laptops might be more problematic as they run specialized drivers and hardware that no longer may have legacy support (and often, not even full support of the current specifications), unless someone has come up with a solution and you can manage to google it out (perhaps try googling your laptop's model and "running old software" or something akin) it's possible there isn't a real working solution.

Fact remains that my HP laptop, for example, wont run all games (modern and old) as it uses HP's own graphic drivers that do not support the full specification of OpenGL (more specifically, the shader specs) and there isn't a working alternative solution as of yet.

Eventually, though, NWN should be runnable in a virtual environment. :P
I have an HP laptop to i hope this isn't the reason. Would be nicer if windows would tell you why it is not compatible.

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

Kendric98

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 08:13:46 AM »
None of you computer types have any idea for me?  :cry:

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

Knas

• Developers
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • Worthless phony
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 10:44:51 AM »

This

Also you could try virtual XP if it's been released to win8 yet.

Wingfree

• New to the Mists
    • Dances of Dragons
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 11:15:54 AM »
None of you computer types have any idea for me?  :cry:
How about this for a solution
http://slackware.com/getslack/torrents.php
its probably the best one anyways...it doesnt matter how old the software is it runs the same, new and old alike.