You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Crafting some Spam-alot!  (Read 1100 times)

Bardboy

• Undead Slayer
Crafting some Spam-alot!
« on: November 22, 2012, 02:24:52 AM »
Hey me again. Been smithing a bit with my elfy and came to realize that, when you craft, no one wants to talk to you.

Could be because of the 40 iron ingots you just took in and out of the pot and anvil, oh wait they said something 50 lines back.

Makes for funny when your companion falls on his knees for the x-iem time but the spam is unbearable. Could it be possible to mute the crafting stations?
"And when everyone is special.. no one will be!"
Player of Rose Twain

Feronius

• Dark Power
Re: Crafting some Spam-alot!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 09:56:40 AM »
You mean in an optional manner? There might be an option to turn off such messages under the rest tab, somewhere.
The problem is that it will likely also disable the yellow text altogether, like those used by DMs and (A)MPCs' @voice command. (Only a guess.)

And of course the fact of how you would be able to see whether your crafting has failed or succeeded then? And by how much (the DC, the rolls, etc.)

Bardboy

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 09:59:15 AM »
The craft station *speak* in the say channel and in the action channels, if they could send their speech to an unseen channel that would be gorgeous.
"And when everyone is special.. no one will be!"
Player of Rose Twain

EberronBruce

• Dark Power
  • Legos
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 02:10:05 AM »
I know what you mean. Its a pain to hold a conversation while crafting because of you took something out of the smelter or something.