You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Mist Camp Addition  (Read 3580 times)

EberronBruce

• Dark Power
  • Legos
Mist Camp Addition
« on: November 18, 2012, 01:47:58 PM »
I think to help add some flavor to the mist camp, there should be some sort of bar or tavern. Like a tent. Since they have a lot of travelers going through the mist camp, I think they may do something like that to capitalize on the fact. Could add some interesting RP to that area.

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
Re: Mist Camp Addition
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 01:49:46 PM »
The vistani don't really welcome strangers into their encampments at the best of time, making it a new outskirts is not a good idea, it's a brief pauzing place between domains, not a place to chill'axe as far as i'm aware, a place to meet'greet then move on.

RedwizardD

• Scrollord
  • Dark Power
  • Avoid Attention - Critical Failure
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 02:49:02 PM »
With the amount of traffic they have though, wouldn't it make sense for them to establish a way to get more money out of people who want to linger? It is a hub between areas of travel after all. If they didn't welcome strangers there why bring them in the first place?

A tent or cart to act as a tavern would be a nice addition. Making it a more prominent hub would also encourage people to not stay in the outskirts constantly. That in itself seems like a positive idea.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 02:51:55 PM by RedwizardD »

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 03:10:07 PM »
I can see the Vistani charging 10 fang for a bottle of cheap beer. They'd totally be up for scamming those giorgos with a booze monopoly.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

tzaeru

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 04:42:38 AM »
I didn't know the Vistani really much cared for money. :P

But I do think that some small additions, like a tavern tent, to Mist Camp would be nice to make it a bit more comfortable. Also I do think that it is intended to be the 2nd hub after Outskirts; Why not make it the new Outskirts anyway? You can't possibly split all mid to high level players between Hazlan, VoB, Dementlieu and Har'Akir, so might as well have them then in between the four of those. ;)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 04:44:17 AM by tzaeru »

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 04:50:35 AM »
I was told the new hub was mist camp... Not much to do there though, I'm there right now in fact and Asta certainly would welcome a tavern tent she is getting quite bored just sitting here all alone  :P

dark_majico

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 08:49:18 AM »
Wouldn't running a bar be a little backward for a nomadic tribe of people?

RedwizardD

• Scrollord
  • Dark Power
  • Avoid Attention - Critical Failure
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 12:07:13 PM »
I don't think so.. If we're treating them like stereotypical gypsies then the it should be entirely reasonable that they would set up a tent or cart to sell booze or other things to keep their guests occupied for an evening.

The mist camp already has a traveler's resting rest and a crafting station. A tent for refreshments and entertainment seems like the next logical step.

BalorVale

• Undead Master
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 05:55:10 PM »
Does it move high levels away from the outskirts? Yes. Seems like it. Then I'm all for it.

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 06:54:10 PM »
Okay

Really?

Because how many people actually buy a drink in the Lady's Rest every time they go in there?

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2012, 07:19:03 PM »
Trick question! Quite a few do, actually. I can't tell you how many bottles Fane accumulates over the course of a week (I forget to activate them).

I hate the Mist camp. The fog wreaks havoc on my fps and there is nothing engaging to do (or RP doing). I don't like hanging around there.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 07:27:42 PM by BahamutZ3RO »
: )

tzaeru

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2012, 10:21:54 PM »
Okay

Really?

Because how many people actually buy a drink in the Lady's Rest every time they go in there?

You should see the amount of bottles my pirrrate has and consumes! :P

But nah, the real point I think is, that some players would find it easier to have their characters in places that, ICly, were more comfortable to the character.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 10:30:00 PM »
But nah, the real point I think is, that some players would find it easier to have their characters in places that, ICly, were more comfortable to the character.

A camp full of mysterious gypsies who are known to give crazy curses, and can travel through the mysterious mists which most people don't understand is comfortable place to hang out for people  :mrgreen:

tzaeru

• Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 10:32:25 PM »

A camp full of mysterious gypsies who are known to give crazy curses, and can travel through the mysterious mists which most people don't understand is comfortable place to hang out for people  :mrgreen:

It is if you're drunk! :D