Author Topic: Group concepts forum  (Read 1215 times)

Dark Locust

• Outlander
Group concepts forum
« on: November 17, 2012, 08:41:59 PM »
Have a forum where players who want to do group concepts can organize there. I find it quite useful and I know of a couple other servers that have one and it seems like a great way to encourage players to do this sort of thing.

Silverfox

• Undead Master
  • Goggles
Re: Group concepts forum
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 09:05:55 PM »
Welcoming more Servants of Sauron from the World of the Ring!

[Kick-starts the forum] xP
A most troublesome Fox.

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 09:41:00 PM »
[Coughs] What's that 'bout old "Clear Eye"?

"You left the campfire back in the field. The entire grass field is on fire. Smokey the Bear is on the edge of the field, on his knees, sobbing into his hands."

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 04:27:34 AM »
Excellent idea, would make it so much easier to locate any group events that were being organised in one handy easy to find location.... Not that I have difficutly finding stuff on this forum... Well maybe a little... ok so what I get so frustrated when hey now where as that handy thread I stumbled across the other day [insue severals hours of locating thread]  :P

Dark Locust

• Outlander
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 08:25:01 PM »
Yeah; finding stuff in this forum can be a bit difficult sometimes. Perhaps a board reorganizing is in order?

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 12:17:58 PM »
Personally I never understood why there was a "Ravenloft discussion" section on the forum, as well as a seperate "Roleplaying discussion" area.
Why not put the sub-sections of the Ravenloft discussion (like Ravenloft resources) under the Roleplaying discussion and effectively merge the two..?
Since most, if not all, discussions on the Ravenloft discussion section are also about either Roleplaying or the lore behind it.

Likewise for the "Tales around the campfire" section, most of the topics there could easily find their way to the "Whispers in the shadows" section. Broaden it from gossip and whispers, to include tall tales and stories?
It seems like the Tales around the campfire area is hardly actively used from what I can tell, a large part of the new threads made there are misplaced biographies that are moved. The rest could fit under Announcements of the Whispers section.
I think those two changes would make the forums much more clear to navigate and less confusing, particulary for new players who can't seem to find which sections are ment exactly for what.

Regarding the "Group forums" the original poster asks for, do you mean like a small forum to brainstorm the forming of groups in? Or to create threads for event storylines for those groups.
Essentially like an expansion of the "Player-created faction guide", as a standalone (sub-)section on the forums? Like a "Guild recruitment / Character ties" kind of thing?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 12:22:40 PM by Feronius »

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 02:26:12 PM »
as a forum troll i have sufficiant forum knowledge where allot of things are  topic wise.

what i do noticed and been thinking about but probably will never happen is a huge reorganisation.

cause this forum is forgive me but crap, it is only overseeable and usefull to use and even that i doubt to a degree for those from the staff who have like a trillion extra topic heads and sections.

but for us the players this is not a perfect system, i find it chaotic.

this idea itself though from the OP is not really needed as we got factions and we got the ic notice board and ooc one for such things.
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company