Author Topic: Proposal about summons.  (Read 1576 times)

Aduial

• Dark Lord
Proposal about summons.
« on: November 08, 2012, 10:56:03 AM »
I would like to make a proposal about summons, what about if we can introduce in somel loot tables, some books in wich are described some additional knowledge about summonings, for example a book for demons one for devils one for elementals and so on.
Then you use this book ( that is to say you read it) and your summoning table changes in base at what book you readed.
So we can have some variety at what we are summoning wich can be nice, imagine to see a villian summoning demons even at low levels for example.

RedwizardD

• Scrollord
  • Dark Power
  • Avoid Attention - Critical Failure
Re: Proposal about summons.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 11:00:52 AM »
I've seen this sort of thing using a token system on Escape from undead. Didn't explore it too much, but it seemed neat. But then again they had a summoning pool thing too.

Silverfox

• Undead Master
  • Goggles
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 12:51:56 PM »
Yeah, Mistlocke employs this and it's a nice system, but they have this annoying tendency to make such items a pain in the ass to acquire.

I think one of the things of concern with such a system here would be server balance. I could be wrong but summons appear to have been nerfed here as is.
A most troublesome Fox.

Aduial

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 06:44:41 AM »
it is not a proposal about gameplay balance, the intention is not to add stronger creatures just to add some variety that can help in roleplay.

Silverfox

• Undead Master
  • Goggles
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 12:34:36 PM »
You misunderstand me. They'd have to do a rebalance if they added more variety due to the nature of said variety. Any 1st Circle Demon summon for example will trounce a 1st circle magical animal due to the inherent strengths of the Creature Type.

So yes, it may be a proposal about variety, but it would create balance issues.
A most troublesome Fox.

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 06:16:05 PM »
Its been mentioned several times before with alternate summon themes; It takes more time to balance out custom creatures, and there isn't enough room on the palette to support this.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 07:03:13 PM »
Yeah, palette space seems to be the main issue.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo