You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Windows8  (Read 2089 times)

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
Windows8
« on: November 04, 2012, 02:58:48 PM »
Anyone know how well NWN will work on Windows8, and how much work it would be to get it to work properly without unecessary crashes?

ThePwush

• Sigilian Outlander
  • Dark Power
  • The mad Red Mink, eh, I mean, Monk ;)
Re: Windows8
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 03:48:45 PM »
I've got windows 8, and it is working quite well with my copy of NWN. I did have to relink back to the exe program, but other than that, it is working very well so far.

And now that I've mentioned it....Hehehehehehehe.........
The "Anti-Monk". Crazy is your friend.

Rhetra'Bushion aka Rhetra, Sunshine, Petal, Spazz, "Damn, she's fast," and Her Giddiness.

-Semi-Retired-

Choirboy

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 11:45:40 AM »
No problems here either; I just installed windows 8 pro the other day!

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 02:31:02 PM »

Why would you do such a thing!?
: )

ThePwush

• Sigilian Outlander
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 03:16:54 PM »

Why would you do such a thing!?

Cause for once, it seems to work?! LOL Actually, it's pretty stable so far. 

Rhetra'Bushion aka Rhetra, Sunshine, Petal, Spazz, "Damn, she's fast," and Her Giddiness.

-Semi-Retired-

Mark Johansen

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 07:21:48 PM »
i run windows 8 at work and their metro design is CRAP in an multi-display setup.. also you are way too limited in the metro design.. it's laughable.. you can't even select to have your desktop.. yes you can view desktop but there's no menu bar or anything.. only metro system.. [shrugs] don't upgrade!

ThePwush

• Sigilian Outlander
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 08:39:43 PM »
i run windows 8 at work and their metro design is CRAP in an multi-display setup.. also you are way too limited in the metro design.. it's laughable.. you can't even select to have your desktop.. yes you can view desktop but there's no menu bar or anything.. only metro system.. [shrugs] don't upgrade!

They may have you running a modified version at your workplace. I'm not running a multi-display, but I can select to have my desktop by using one of these three:
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33642_7-57496506-292/how-to-get-the-classic-start-menu-back-in-windows-8-rtm/

And I have a full menu bar except for the power down button. Everything else I had before is there. And I can add more.

Oh, I did find that the windows 8 is reporting bugs with mutli-screens, so that could be your problem, too.   :)

-Semi-Retired-

Mark Johansen

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 02:22:22 AM »

They may have you running a modified version at your workplace. I'm not running a multi-display, but I can select to have my desktop by using one of these three:
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33642_7-57496506-292/how-to-get-the-classic-start-menu-back-in-windows-8-rtm/

And I have a full menu bar except for the power down button. Everything else I had before is there. And I can add more.

Oh, I did find that the windows 8 is reporting bugs with mutli-screens, so that could be your problem, too.   :)

You need to take another look at your link.

Because windows 8 does not support menubar in it's native state. by installing the program there -you- are modifying the system files to give you a menu bar.

Also if you are running two screens at the same time only one screen will have metro where the other will remain a plain desktop without menu bar.

Sure you can pin a program to the menu, but you don't have access to shutdown, all programs or like it.