You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Perfidus  (Read 6180 times)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Perfidus
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2012, 07:56:54 AM »
2) The Pit Fiends outside are very, very hard compared to anything inside; Actually, I'd go far enough to claim that if the place is at max spawn, the outside is harder than anything inside save Malthor and his room. The Pit Fiends' AC is just sooo high up there. When they didn't have True Seeing/Ultravision, they were too easy though, as you could just buy and collect hundreds of Darkness potions and "abuse" them. I think they should have around 4 less AC or alternatively weaker Dispel. Or have just 1 per spawn.

In my next update, I'll tone down the number of pit fiends per spawn. Normally it should reduce it a bit to a max of 1-2 per big spawn (spawns of 4-5) and 1 in smaller spawns.

I'll also have a look later at Prisoner-Slayer; if one of you guys can PM me feedback about what makes him too easy, it'd be appreciated. Stat-wise, he shouldn't be a pushover even for higher levels though unlike Malthor, he's not surrounded by big creatures, which might be part of the problem.

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2012, 09:00:26 AM »
Demologist temple only ONE temple is not constant farm because it need high level players doing it, I see no problem with Prisoner Slayer he tough. But if full party of high level player fully buffed with ENCHANTED weapons and all magical varnishes and arsernal Of course he would go down or would it be better EO make it 10000HP monster with 99% immune to damage and HIT around 1000 damage would you people feel better ? It is the AI not the monster Stats that the problem exchange it with DM possess and you will get party wipe in no time also, it hit like Titan. Just you wait and we go back there you all whine that Prisoner Slayer too tough and need change because you got party wipe.

Geez no one listen to me anyway go ahead and reduce Pitfiends spawn see if players would skip them with invisible and run to the Demologist temple or not. Go ahead make Prisoner Slayer tougher or reduce his ECL so you not get XP from him at all. Jezra, Zalaph all got nerfed why not Prisoner Slayer too. While you at it Nerf/Buff Malthor too he easier then Prisoner Slayer.

Also i know most of 60 to 70% do not even know whom is Prisoner Slayer and would probably get kill in second. Long Time Vet with high level character and 1000 runs through the dungeon and know how to do that dungeon would find always easier after few 100 runs through the dungeons then middle level players whom never been to the place before. Keep that in mind.

Rant out.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2012, 09:07:01 AM »
Honestly in my experience Prisoner-Slayer goes down faster than Malthor. I think Malthor's AC is higher. If I'm wrong, that's so; but we're all speaking from personal experience, no different from you.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2012, 09:08:31 AM »
Demologist temple only ONE temple is not constant farm because it need high level players doing it, I see no problem with Prisoner Slayer he tough. But if full party of high level player fully buffed with ENCHANTED weapons and all magical varnishes and arsernal Of course he would go down or would it be better EO make it 10000HP monster with 99% immune to damage and HIT around 1000 damage would you people feel better ? It is the AI not the monster Stats that the problem exchange it with DM possess and you will get party wipe in no time also, it hit like Titan. Just you wait and we go back there you all whine that Prisoner Slayer too tough and need change because you got party wipe.

Geez no one listen to me anyway go ahead and reduce Pitfiends spawn see if players would skip them with invisible and run to the Demologist temple or not. Go ahead make Prisoner Slayer tougher or reduce his ECL so you not get XP from him at all. Jezra, Zalaph all got nerfed why not Prisoner Slayer too. While you at it Nerf/Buff Malthor too he easier then Prisoner Slayer.

Also i know most of 60 to 70% do not even know whom is Prisoner Slayer and would probably get kill in second. Long Time Vet with high level character and 1000 runs through the dungeon and know how to do that dungeon would find always easier after few 100 runs through the dungeons then middle level players whom never been to the place before. Keep that in mind.

Rant out.

The problem with Prisoner-Slayer is that it is CR 43, which is higher than Malthor (41), so he should pack a bigger punch or have a lower CR. The problem with NwN CR's is that they are poorly balanced (ie: raising HP by 10 has a bigger CR effect than raising CONby 2 for a level 10 character even if Con also boosts saving throws) and thus can cause imbalances. I'm sure you'd agree with me that Prisoner-Slayer should not give more XP to players than Malthor at the moment.

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2012, 10:23:58 AM »
Then perhaps lower his CR slightly 39 or 38 but i prefere that you not iam very XP crazen. Or ... as you mentioned, mix few more demologist or some other type of monster among his minions to flavor the place. Remove the Fat fiends and place it with Dark Knights that have higher hit ratio then typical one? Undead type  ? and 1 or 2 more powerful Lich demologist type that cast powerful spell dispel and damage type ? Or better yet change the area make so that anyone have to cross over to small island where Prisoner Slayer and his minions are and you have no chance to run away is WIN or DIE. What i think is put few caster into the mix and it will not be that easy at all try fight Prisoner Slayer unbuffed and you see.

Or give Prisoner Slayer, ability like Phase Spider, have him Teleport to his Target and start beating the juice out of his enemy.  Or better yet bring ABOLETHs back, I want those Greater Acid Varnishes again.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2012, 10:53:47 AM »
Ah! The Phase Spider teleport...good suggestion. Deathdrinkers (the type of demon Prisoner-Slayer is) are supposed to teleport and I couldn't find a good way to make that work. The Phase Spider teleport is a good enough script.

Here are the changes I've made (no idea yet the effect on balance but CR is more or less the same, just 1 less):

-Turned the 10 cleric levels I had given him into 10 barbarian levels to make him more of a tank. I realized that those 10 cleric levels were sort of a waste since the spells were hardly good enough for the level of people fighting him.
-Gave him a Pulse, Negative since the actual creature is supposed to have an Aura of Negative energy, which is not in NwN.
-Gave him the Phase Spider type of teleport.

Aside from that I didn't retouch him much...he should become more of a tank now, a pure tank. For now, I won't retouch the area itself or the spawns surrounding him; I'll wait to see the impact of the changes.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2012, 11:15:22 AM »
O.O

Will let you know XD
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2012, 11:28:34 AM »
Oh boy. I've some experience with phase spider teleports from another server. Good luck making a run for it if you have to run.  :mrgreen:

If you've got someone with you, you can do it the Shane way maybe.