Author Topic: Aurore, the Fall  (Read 8426 times)

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
Aurore, the Fall
« on: October 30, 2012, 12:20:20 AM »

REBORN

My quest for normality threw a "wrench" in my plans, as pitics say.  
But I should not look down upon what I always was.  A woman.  It is odd, to call myself that, let alone grow used to this new body.  
The words of those around me have grown warmer, kinder.  They desire to please me. There is potential, here.  It is tempting to make use of my features, with dignity of course.  

I should take Inari's advice.  I should join the theatre.  Aurore, the sorcerous actress of Port-au-Lucine.  I've come a long way.  

It's time to embrace me.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 12:40:06 PM by Paragonville »

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
Re: Aurore, the Sun Always Rises
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 05:12:04 PM »

It's true what Lucadia said before.  This world is full of shades of grey, it's just most are closer to darkness than the light.  Was Inari's words simply a ruse?  I don't want to believe it.  She's been kind to me.  I don't have the heart to believe that she would use me.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 09:30:22 AM by Paragonville »

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 09:31:16 AM »
Memories Surface

What did my ancestors do to warrant a curse upon their children?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 12:54:53 PM by Paragonville »

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 12:55:07 PM »
The Fade to Gray

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCyGrcPqB2M[/youtube]

I am beginning to think that Anastacia and Lucadia were right.  My attempts at maintaining a moralistic ideal have fallen to the side.
 I still follow a path of good, but sometimes the right thing to do is often not what the majority thinks is moral.  Shocking Tatiana was necessary, I had believed. 
No, she only fell right back into Zarcroft's programming.  Unfortunate.

There is a light, still.  Inari has shown me great kindness.  She's helped me along the right path, she's helping me adjust.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 12:26:47 AM by Paragonville »

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 12:27:03 AM »
First kisses are the sweetest.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 09:04:25 AM by Paragonville »

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 09:04:47 AM »
Vanity is the greatest sin, one which I find myself burdened with at times.  Inari is my balance.  She is my darker half.  She taught me to set aside the mirror, to not worry about my appearance as much as I have. 

All of this aside, Inari has opened my eyes to what I desire: revenge.  Revenge against Henri, the mad surgeon of Edrigan.  His home is not as protected as he might think.  He doesn't even have armed guards.  Not that it will be a problem.  Inari will be at my side when I burn him, and his home. 

After freeing his caliban prisoners, of course.  The Golden Sorceress will be the envy of the caliban people of Dementlieu.  His papers will be claimed, published, and dispersed.  I'll find the solars to do just that.  Even after he is dead, his reputation will be one of a murderer and a madman.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 12:01:25 AM by Paragonville »

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 12:03:08 AM »
[To be updated.]

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 12:02:41 PM »
Darkness.

She couldn't see, hidden in her "home", this tight space beneath the wash basin where mother kept the soap.  Only the slightest glints of light would breach through the cabinet door, her eyes straining to peek out when she possibly could.  Occasionally, footsteps could be heard, light footfalls that signalled the approach of mother.  She felt the muscles of her back constrict, the heavy leathery wings of her back shuddering in fear as she sat in wait, hoping that the door would not open.

Often times, it would not.  Mother would use the wash basin, pause before the cabinet as if pondering her daughter that she kept within, before turning and silently leaving. 

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 07:34:28 PM »
Blood.

Mother beat her again.  She hadn't read the scroll right.  Mother claimed she misorganized the regeant cabinet.  She used the studded belt on her again, specifically aiming for her wings, occasionally tying the leather around her curved horns, using it to drag her across the house as if she were a dog.  Sunlight had been only something she'd seen glimpses of, through the boarded windows.  She could hear children playing outside.

She wanted to be amongst them.  She wanted to see them.  Were they like her?

No.  They were like mother.  Normal.

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 09:53:02 AM »
Self-Hatred.

If she was not human, what was she?  A monster.  Just like mother said.  She had always said that she was the monster from the children's tales.  No better than neuri, no better than vrolocks.  She hated herself.  Why could she not be beautiful like mother?  

I'll be beautiful one day.

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 12:59:10 PM »

Surely I get around. 

I rest now in the Mage's Retreat atop Mount Baratak, awaiting when the master might be free to perform this ritual of beauty.  I've come a long way. 
Not only do I do this for myself, but I do with for Inari.  I want the best for her. 

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 11:00:10 PM »

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMvOkUMPZ0g[/youtube]

The Pyre

The cabinet door opened, that morning, like usual.  What was unusual of this encounter was the expression upon Mother's beautiful face.  Rather than an expression of severe scorn, she was blank.  Completely void of emotion.  She simply stared, and without a word, grasped the child by the wings and tore her from the cupboard.  She felt the joints of her wings pop painfully as they were jerked from their sockets.  That's when she realized that something was wrong about the morning light that streamed through the windows.  The light was always golden.  Now?  It was an angry orange.  That was also when she realized she heard chanting outside, chanting from a crowd of men and women. 

"Burn tha' witch!"

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 12:35:41 AM »
Vanity

I've grown quite comfortable with my new form, and I believe the dark powers have helped me adapt.  Yes, they love me, that is for sure.  My power will grow, and I will become a beacon for all.  I find myself quaking at the notion that so many desire me.  They will not have -my- love, but I will gladly accept theirs.  My love is for Inari Delcroux.  And her love is mine.  I can see it in her eyes.

The Carnival.  They seem to have the power to change your appearance.  Lucadia has sided with me.  He wants to see how they can improve on perfection.

And I do too.

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 07:07:10 AM »
Inari.

She's become my handhold, my anchor.  I know her for her, and so does she know me.  I never grow tired of her touch, her voice.  But I grow worried for her.  Could she be slipping away into the void?  I won't let that happen.  If it does, I will follow.  My place is at her side.
I smile when she rests her head upon my bussom as she sleeps, my arms cradling her like a mother would her child.  Within her, I have seen the girl.  So full of play, so full of affection.  That part can not be snuffed out.

I love her.  I wish she would say the same to me.

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 01:07:30 AM »

Beauty Is Skin Deep

If such a thing were true, then the young child that sat on her rear, tied firmly to the central support beam of the house was something much worse than any monster known to man within.  Narrow, sunken, gray eyes looked to the floor, to her- no, "his" naked, pallid gray body.  To his gnarled hooves, the elongated fingers on his hands, his twisted legs.  He could feel the weight of the horns that spiraled from his skull, the pain of his wings as they were stretched back over the column nearing their breaking point. 

"Look at me, -Creature-."

A feminine voice hissed.  It took him a long moment to raise his gaze, looking upon his mother.  She was, simply, breathtaking.  Her body was sculpted by the divine powers.  Her flesh was rosey.  Her breast was full and her hips were wide.  But those eyes.  They held an emptiness only touched by rage and disgust.  Her hair was tied into a bun, but not for long as she pulled off the string and tossed it in the child's face. 

"You watch me, beast.  You'll never be like me.  You're unhuman, unfit for life.  I am merciful, though."

She slammed her bare foot into the child's face, grinding the sole in violently.  He felt blood run freely from his nose.

As she retracted, she turned sharply and stepped into the wash basin, slowly descending into the heated waters within.  The child could only watch, cry, and ignore the blood and tears that mingled at his chin, only to drip down onto a skeletal, gray fleshed bare chest.

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 01:05:01 PM »
Jealousy

Don't let it be so.  I must have faith.  Aurore, you are being stupid. 

Inari loves you.

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 09:01:12 AM »
Loss

What can I do?  Inari is gone, dead.  I want to save her. 

Tatiana says I am vain, as did Inari.  It's not my fault that mother's legacy haunts me.  I can't stop.  I have to beat her. 

I'll beat you, Mother.  We will see who is the most beautiful.

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
Unrelated Entry - Unrelated Journal
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 08:49:22 PM »

Unknown

My name.  Zsusza Keresztes.  My profession?  Witch.  Sorceress. 

My status: perfect.

Mother's always watching.

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2012, 06:43:09 PM »
It seems my trip to Dementlieu opened up a door or two for me, if not only a crack.  I met Laine, the wayward fey-kin, in the streets, only to find some brightly dressed local woman pushing her nose into our conversation.  I was polite, however, and allowed her to stay and chat.

Of course, she seems to be another fawning lass at my fingertips.  I am not so cruel to take advantage of her, not that I expect her to fall into that social trap.  She runs an organization in Dementlieu known as the Black Cats (?).  Clarification on the Cat  society's name will be necessary.  Wisdom is to investigate her history, her motives, and the motives of her organization.  Bright colors and charity can hide a dark underbelly.  I know, because I am an excellent example of such.  Or was.

Resisting the pull of the Dark Powers is difficult.

Let us see what you have to offer, and if you and your organization are of worth to me.

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
Notes on the Dark Powers
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 11:30:03 AM »
Knowing secrets regarding this realm I call home, the greatest secrets of all, pains the mind and numbs the soul.  What is the motivation of this god entity?  Or entities.  Is it a cause of evil?  I'm not sure.  They guide the ongoings of this plane, forging lands and peoples from examples from other planes of existence.  Are the other planes just as dark?

Or are the Dark Powers a cause of good?  Or lawful neutrality?  They seem to punish, and empower the evil.  Placing upon them cruel twists of personality.  Is this all a game?  A set game of good versus evil?

What do you want from us?

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
Notes on the Dark Powers Pt.2
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2013, 12:13:29 PM »
The Dark Sickness: Dark Curse

The most curious aspect of this realm is the Dark Sickness.  It is the curse set upon those who step against morality.  The pure, like Liz, are never cursed.  This is my evidence that this god entity is not evil.  It sets obstacles for the good by empowering the dark hearts, and deepening their depravation.

Known sufferers of the Dark Curse:

Me (Vanity curse?  It has make me beautiful, gorgeous.  But my tolerance for non-humans is degrading.  I will become a damned Falkovnian at this rate.)

Lucadia:  (Bestial?  He's not a druid, not anymore.  He's become something else.)

Malekkor: (The last I saw of him, he had glowing eyes.  Insane, as well.)

Janos: (Old friend, what became of you?  You stepped too far into the darkness, and you know not the chains that bind you.)

Inari: (Vengeance.  It is turning her into a monster.)

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2013, 07:46:15 PM »
A New Year

So much has come and gone since the change.  I lost all of my old friends, made entirely new ones.  People that love me. 

Tatiana:  You may hate me, yet you mean more to me than you realize.  You accepted me for what I was in the past.  At times, I regret when you say you miss the old me.

Eliza:  The mother I never had.  I love her more than anyone else in this world.

Tabitha:  A real friend.  A friend who understands.

Fane: Annoying prat at times.  Still.  He's family to me.

Lucadia and Anastacia:  Despite our differences, I care much for these two.

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2013, 01:47:14 AM »
Seeds of Dawn

Flawless Diamond

Fresh flowers

Rune circle painted in your own blood

Cleanse yourself in the blood of a young woman (not all her blood, just enough to cover the face)

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2013, 10:15:05 PM »
Alive

For the first time, since my last time sleeping with Inari, I feel alive.  Not just alive, but just...

Illuminated.

A yearning satisfaction that makes me crave more of this feeling.

What am I thinking, remember what Eliza said about your condition!!!!!

Today, I climbed Mount Baratak to escape the world, to stay the location.  Tatiana was there.  Initially, what I thought was going to be confrontation turned into conversation.  Then?  A foray across the mountain face in search of food.  We found a victim of Jezra.  Nothing could be done.  However, when we returned to the location, Tatiana took a bath without a care of me seeing.  Or Dumas for that matter.  I've always not worn undergarments.  That notion shocked her.  Undergarments are itchy!  She let me borrow hers.  They're not.

They're soft, durable, and sexy.  Very sexy.  It's something I want to be.

We walked about in only our undergarments, teasing Dumas and making joking, sexual advances to one another to coax the mustached man out of hiding.  It was the most fun I'd ever had.

Tatiana, you are such a dear friend.

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2013, 12:59:05 AM »
[On this page of the Golden Sorceress' journal, numerous sketchs cover the page.  Nude doodles of those she knows: Tatiana, Inari, an unnamed Romukan woman, Virgil, Anastacia, Lucadia, and at the center, seemingly with the most effort pressed into it, a nude, pregnant Tabitha Dalennar.]

Great, I took up most of the page.  Time for the usual short summary of things. 

I'm bored.  That's it. 

To do:

Protect Tatiana
CARNIVAL TRIP (Come on, Vistani, how long do I need to wait?)
Do Eva's tasks (She still hasn't told me what those tasks are.)