Author Topic: [Nailed to the Church of Ezra's Door, the Citadel and the Rectory]  (Read 1025 times)

Jay

• Dark Power
[Nailed to the Church of Ezra's Door, the Citadel and the Rectory]
« on: September 23, 2012, 02:06:34 PM »

Jay

• Dark Power
Re: [Nailed to the Church of Ezra's Door, the Citadel and the Rectory]
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 02:08:29 PM »
//OOC: an aid for those who do not like Grevis' heavy Darkonese handwriting.  :)

To the Church of Ezra, Honoured Garda, and the Citizens of Vallaki.

In these troubled times of great unrest, when the streets run with blood spilled by criminals, insurgents, and the Legion of the night. Many cruel and weak men may seek to capitalise on the fear and unrest, to sow further seeds of disorder and chaos among the people. Not only in the church, but in the military and among the citizenry as well.

In order to enforce calmness and stability on a city so troubled I have taken it upon myself to make the following statements, as evident truths to dismiss the fear mongering and hatred that seeks to divide the good people of Vallaki further.

Firstly: the 4th sect of Ezra, founded in Darkon, has no rights or authority over the Church of Ezra in Vallaki. Any claims to the contrary are false and they cannot enforce their will on any that are not baptised under the 4th sect. Neither can they speak for the Church of Ezra in Vallaki, any attempts to do so are attempts to undermine the legitimate authority of the 1st sect of Ezra.

Secondly: The Church’s stance on civil matters has always been to defer to the Garda and support them if requested. Ours is an interest in the Spiritual wellbeing of the people of Barovia, and defending them from the Legion of the Night. Any claims that the Church has any legal rights to inflict punishments or reprimands to the citizens of the city are false, and any representative of the Church who attempts to do should and will be punished by the appropriate authorities.

Thirdly: the Church of Ezra is open to all who seek the protection of our Guardian, provided they act in accordance with the teachings of Ezra. Even those who are not of the faith may come to find sanctuary within its walls. They can only be turned away by an Anchorite of the 1st who holds the rank of Toret or Sentire of Vallaki, and only if they pose a danger, or deliberately abuse the hospitality of Our Guardian.

Fourthly: The Church will not play host to scurrilous rumour or malicious gossip. Any attempts to use the servants of the church as cat’s paws by currying favour or spreading half-truths will be simply ignored. The city suffers enough beneath the weight of the current times without adding further to it by hosting such childish things.

Fifthly: As you may or may not know, My Administrative Leave was sanctioned pending the baptism of one of Vallaki’s own citizens, who’s past has now been cleansed by the Rite of Baptism under our Guardian.  While the church may have suffered in my absence, I shall not allow this sad state of affairs to continue. It is my duty to protect those who seek the light of Ezra’s First Revelation, as well as the church that shelters them. I will exercise my right as Guardian of the Refuge of the Fifth Light to see that any who break the above rules are cast out and cause no further harm to themselves or others.

Templar Commander Grevis Sinovia.
Ezra’s First Revelation.
Refuge of the fifth Light Vallaki.