You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: The Natural Machine, A Corroded Leaf  (Read 12569 times)

ThePwush

• Sigilian Outlander
  • Dark Power
  • The mad Red Mink, eh, I mean, Monk ;)
Re: The Natural Machine, A Corroded Leaf
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2014, 12:26:53 PM »
-The following is the partially deciphered text of a forlorn, hidden journal, written in braille, a series of well placed dots expressing the user's thoughts and revelations.  It is a a breathing testament that all thought is not necessarily coherent, but yet, not always mistaken…

…it is testament that clarity imposed is sometimes a sin brought to bare....-

It is here

They are here.  Can't wait for their departure.  Never have I visited, never have I seen them, never have I met them, yet the flyers fill me with dread.  And, I do hesitate to say the following, with attraction.  There is an undeniable attraction.  It's a pull towards a fire I know will burn and leave nothing but cinders and ashen memories.  Even at the Monster Mash, I was drawn to "something" in the hallways that kept me fixated to one spot, shivering in cowardice; a mantle of sweat reminding me of something I've never known in the first place.  Asking Sedrik, he was kind enough to tell me that it was an exhibit of it

"Irony" would be the choice word here. I'm profoundly certain the loss of vision is linked to its appearance and proximity, and yet, it's that same hindrance which kept me from seeing it for the first time in the cold hallways of that stony museum.  Even if it was just a representation. 

As I said...irony.  A disability enhanced keeps one from seeing the cause in the first place, from meeting the force behind.  Perhaps not visualizing it has only made the fear that much greater.  The mind can be so heinous in bloating our fears, feeding into it with the uncertainty generated by the fragile mind pregnant with doubt, loathing, weakness.  Would finally coming face to face rid me of this weight, or just finish crushing my weakened state of self-perception even further?

Though, I do not wish to seem like a completely devoid imbecile with no life to speak of.  The Monster Mash was quite elegant. Well, what I could hear of it.  Clinking glasses, flapping wings from elaborate costumes, polite hosts and hostesses offering elixirs for the parched, strange and wonderful mechanical sounds.  I'm not certain exactly what happened, but apparently a party-goer destroyed a wax statue or two. Found out the probable reason afterwards, but I'll refrain from commenting it here.  The end result was our premature removal from the event. Which, to my detriment, was a bit saddening.  Sedrik and Michael were both accounted for last night, and they were hilarious. 

An advantage to having hypersensitive hearing:   You can hear those two fling insults a room away.  I'm still laughing.

And blushing.

He should have been a woman thief.  Too honest, though, but still....

Another lifetime, perhaps, but I do count him, well both, as life-friends now.  Two more to protect in a world determined to see caution tossed to the wind, crushed on the millstone of unfairness.  How can a land be so determined to see us turned into the dust we come from, only to take that dust and toy with it further? 

Thank the Powers that Chang and others have given me books to help learn this skill of writing.  Otherwise, even penning simple thoughts would be a burdensome chore.  And at this moment, I am quite limited in what I may do. 

PS:  Remember. Avoid that hallway, at all costs....

-The text ends with a soft mink paw, in red ink, marking the end of the missive…-
The "Anti-Monk". Crazy is your friend.

Rhetra'Bushion aka Rhetra, Sunshine, Petal, Spazz, "Damn, she's fast," and Her Giddiness.

-Semi-Retired-

ThePwush

• Sigilian Outlander
  • Dark Power
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2014, 07:16:06 PM »
-The following is the partially deciphered text of a forlorn, hidden journal, written in braille, a series of well placed dots expressing the user's thoughts and revelations.  It is a a breathing testament that all thought is not necessarily coherent, but yet, not always mistaken…

…it is testament that clarity imposed is not always better than insanity sought....-

It is getting easier to write with this system.  Her book has helped me tremendously.  Without trying to sound redundant on the matter, thank you Chang, Tabitha, Era and Ne-…ne…Nei.... 

Without the books, I'd have a harder time committing to parchment what needs to be retained.  But, as I'm noticing, it may not be enough. Ne-…my sister.  My half sister, wielding a sword…was it a sword? A sword the size of a tree. No, an axe.  I-I couldn't even remember Eli's hair color, and its the shade I love.  Is the putrefaction of the mind finally taking hold? A quickening of a spoiling soul? Or the fact that maybe I was never truly "sane" to begin with, even before the changes in perspective.

You normally wouldn't hear someone say this, but I miss the broken mind.  The voices would sing to me in reverie. Badly, of course, but they kept me company.  I could see things from a perspective most would miss.  Logic was illogical unless tainted with a sense of analytic creativity, in which case it was a circular logic difficult to ignore or sidestep.  I haven't seen Sir Minks-a-lot in quite some time.

Enough of this for now. It's verging on being too painful to even consider the consequences.  Better to have a fractured mirror than no mirror at all.  Mine was stolen, frame and all….

On another note, I've been conversing with Ne-..Ne…a nice fellow.  He seems to understand the need for raised lettering, and his philosophical bent is quite intriguing.  I wonder what his views on imposed self-sacrifice would be?  But some of the names he's mentioned sound familiar. Gavaine? Where have I heard that, as well as Mal-…

…I should rest. Perhaps reverie will restructure my memories a bit. 

-The text ends with a soft mink paw, in red ink, marking the end of the missive…-

Rhetra'Bushion aka Rhetra, Sunshine, Petal, Spazz, "Damn, she's fast," and Her Giddiness.

-Semi-Retired-

ThePwush

• Sigilian Outlander
  • Dark Power
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2014, 10:21:56 PM »

…it is testament that weakness does not always build character, nor does it always show the way....-

Tabit-….Tabitha…Pers…Per-…my nephew.  Cute little smile. 

Fane Si…Fane and Nei..nei….the cat..her name? Meow? Meow?

Eraly…if she knew…..Chang P-….P-….

Michael, Sedr-…Sedr-…gold armor...

Shay, Eri and I..Isi..no, Irio…no.  Its happening too quickly. 

Basti-…Papa…help me.  Papa, please.  You know where his lab is. He may have written down how to stop this.  Bastie…Bastien! That's it!

Bastien, help me!  I can't stop its progress now. It's accel-…..

-soft, oily blemishes spot the paper leaving an orange residue as the ink tapers off, shaking-

You….you died…..wh-when? You died…..

Forgive me, Cha-chang, Ving, Leo…Leo?….a broken mind is more stable than an absent one.  If this does not abate soon, I shall have to renounce my Path. 

A Master who does not know oneself cannot even recognize the road he walks upon. He is a Master no more…. 

-Semi-Retired-

ThePwush

• Sigilian Outlander
  • Dark Power
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2014, 11:25:38 PM »

…it is testament that the path is not always clear, even when laid out in front....-

Given to feelings, given to movements of sentiment, one would think that it would be easy to produce a deluge of emotions.  They would be right.  Even darkness feels. 

At Port, I decided to attend a rumor I had heard in murmurs flung amongst street patrons.  The city was wonderfully alive, abuzz with musical anticipation at an impending bardic duel to be enacted after a unique theater presentation.  Truly, were it were easy for me to describe the theatrical performance it would enhance my journal's description of the night's event; instead, the gasps and screams of the audience will have to suffice for the imagined tale that that is being committed to record.  A machine, a form of light projection, was set up to create what was described as light generated into realistic, moving beings.  Seems that, logically speaking, the actors were nothing more than creations of the machine, a series of convincing light projections.  They must of been effective.  Correction. 

They were effective.

Gasps, screams, accelerated heartbeats and held breaths…all these cues were apparent to me.  As well as the expelled…gas…from a few patrons.  We all know that scares, true scares, can produce some visceral reactions.  Speaks more to the weight of the presentation, a tale about a woman impregnated by a hideous beast, resulting in a grotesque spawn that eventually grew to possess the will of the town elders.   As I stated, the story was clear, but its effect on viewers was moreso.  Unfortunately, I cannot state the realism of the projection.  That part will always be a mystery to me. 

The tears from not knowing, those will always be clear to me….

The duel afterwards, by Masters Da-…Da…Zid-Zi…two very talented bards, was a soothing, auditory feast for me.  Though their tunes were hauntingly beautiful, moving and full of life brought forth from strings and wood, I was plunged into a momentary depression.  Not in an ill manner.  On the contrary, it was a clarion call to stored emotions.  Old loves, lovers, memories and stories, brought forth in a fully bracing impact, slung forward from the unknown recess of my mind where they were vainly put away…permanently. 

Truthfully, I should have been angry at them for stirring up old sinful and quiet nights.  Sentiments of those faces I cannot see, I can no longer remember…they were put far away for a reason.  Self preservation.  But the musical duel reminded all that being alive means being susceptible.  I…thank them, though the memories have been stored, forced away, once more.  Still, I thank them.

Yesterday was…difficult.  Trust, clarity, expectations.  Where do you manage to produce a friendship that kills? Yes, the question is ludicrous. Never to be openly asked, never brought forth and questioned.  But moments in life may require that such questions be put forth.  Better said, life may require such 'requests'. 

I knew he would refuse; can't blame him.  He knows very little of my past, but I know less.  It would mean 'innocent' blood on his hands, under confusing circumstances for someone he does not yet understand.  In the end, it would spell clearly a full loss for myself, and a defeat for the knife wielder.  Do I have a right to ask him such a sullied favor, or from anyone else for that matter? But do true innocents have the right to be slaughtered against their will?  El-…El…Eleora, she confirmed in a way the potential existence of an unrequested sin which has its suspicions rooted into the remainder of my soul. I thought it was a figment of my imagination, a twisted, macabre hallucination.  Perhaps not.  But the consequences will be the same if precautions are not set into place.  Yet, do I have the right to ask, any of them, to swing the knife if it comes to that?  My order members will not do it. I cannot ask any of my sisters, especially Tab-ta…Tabith..her or Sha-..y…and Eli. Eli.  Nei-…she would, as perhaps Eraly-…they would. I think because they understand. But perhaps they understand too well, and would reject on the premise of hope and recovery.   

She would laugh at me. As the words are being permanently marked into the parchment, fingers moving carefully over each minute fiber, I am somewhat convinced that the conversations held yesterday were not real.  Dream-like perceptions of mistaken options open to me. If I were to ask them if yesterday's words truly happened, would they say "no", leaving me to wonder about my sanity again? Or would they say "yes", appalled and vexed by my request, then leaving them to question my sanity for me? 

…I-…wai-…wait.  Reading this through again. It's not…What was the question again?

What did I ask? Who did I ask?…..

-The text ends with a soft mink paw, in red ink, and several oily orange splotches marking the end of the missive…-

-Semi-Retired-

ThePwush

• Sigilian Outlander
  • Dark Power
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2014, 09:02:51 PM »

…it is testament that the path is not always there, yet it can be trod....-

If vileness were a fluid, even thought couldn't outrun it.

Only fear could do that.

Only fear….

-The passage stops for a time, as if the author were contemplating the needed words-

-Semi-Retired-

ThePwush

• Sigilian Outlander
  • Dark Power
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2016, 12:44:50 AM »

...At what price?  Memories are not fleeting anymore, but nor are they returning.  A balance has been reached, perhaps?  The cost, though, is too high. 

What use am I?  A truly sightless body that cannot perceive the soul anymore.  How many would understand this?  We are trained to follow The Path, to undertake a study of the energies of existence.  Those energies are our own lifeblood, the very reason for our being what we are.  To see those energies is to bath and breath in their elegance, their balance, their uniqueness.  Many would scoff if they were told a rock happens to be as alive as they.  That is only because they could not detect, interact with the streamers of existence that connect us all.  Even the rocks influence in subtle ways the decisions made by sentient beings, and ironically, vice verse. 

Yet, once you can no longer see that connection, what good are you?  And yet...yet, the Knight found his bearings.  He found his way back from sightlessness back into the perception of the world's true appearance.  There is more of the aesthetic in him than he realizes.  Is that from his training as a Triad, or is it born of his own natural inclinations? 

Could I learn to return, as he? [Long pause in the writing] 

At least, Ellie and Isi are okay.  Sisters in spirit.  Knowing they are well means that a part of me is still intact, and will remain so.  Though, what did she mean by "if the others could help?" Others? 

-Semi-Retired-

ThePwush

• Sigilian Outlander
  • Dark Power
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2016, 08:00:23 PM »

The notion of 'sisters' is an eternal one, born shortly after the concepts of 'family' came into existence, and essential for the continuation of many hopes.  While I don't have any biological sisters here -I am, in a way, thankful for that point- there are those who are sisters in essence.  Ellie and Isi are the differing faces of the same coin.  My sisters, faces of Janus.  Ellie, stable and a mainstay;  Isi, a variable storm of ideas and creativity.  Without either, a balance within this mind would be, I fear, more difficult. 

I owe them both.   They are my sisters. 

With that said...Leo.  Leo has returned.  I thought I was the last of the order begun here in the lands wrapped, engulfed by misty embankments.  An old friend returned to this land.  His wisdom will now decide the steps.  He asked if I will teach again.  I...don't know. One must be intact, the core unbreached. The truth is I am more than fractured.  Yet, if he trusts me to take on students, perhaps I should listen.  He has not steered me wrong as of yet.  Though I do worry about him.  He's like an endless chalice, taking on the inky vileness of pain so others may not have to experience it.  Would that receptacle ever overflow?  I will do my best to help him never come close to brimming over. 

And to form the new generation.  They don't need us.  Our kind never has.  But having guidance does make the journey more secure, effective.  Wiser.  Well, perhaps not wiser, but a little less prone to mistakes.   I made my own teachers suffer a bit. Leo and I should expect the same.

As an interesting note, I ran into a unique priest the other day.  An educational event dealing with the ghostly characteristics, delivered by Prof. Locke.  Very enlightening.  But after the event I met him, Sir Kian was his name, the priest.  I can't help but feel he understands more than he realizes.  He could perhaps be one of us, if he were ever to reconsider changing his vows.  But he seems determined, and understandably so.  He is of the Triad.  That means his faith is made of stone, but malleable like water.  Adaptive, strong, resisting. 

I have to ask Locklyn where she finds her eternal cheer.  And Marishka her strength.  I think she split that bench with just a kick.  Would make any martial artist proud...

-Semi-Retired-

ThePwush

• Sigilian Outlander
  • Dark Power
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2016, 01:20:36 AM »

....a heart beats. If just a bit, for a moment, it cascades with the flow of interest. Enlightenment.  Or it is confusion once more?  I must think about this. Until the morning, then I shall expound the implications of something 'new'...

-Semi-Retired-

ThePwush

• Sigilian Outlander
  • Dark Power
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2016, 11:08:29 PM »

….softness is a virtue. Like water, it is a silky, flowing liquid, spreading elsewhere and going into the crevices and cracks that surround the quirks of life.  Softness in personality, in communication, is such a peaceful boon.  But sometimes, that same softness in character may be a crack in the defense of one’s soul, and today I suffered the consequences of that cracked link in my armor. For the moment, that is all I shall speak of this. 

To other points, I must express curiosity.   So many personalities, some soft like tweaked cotton and silk, some course like sandstone and rusted iron.  How they interact is such a pleasure to behold! But linking with each individual creature, connecting through words and thoughts, is a greater experience. 

Marishka is so determined.  Precise.  She reminds me of a mercy sword, blunted as to not kill outright, but strong enough to use the blunt edge to still break every bone beneath the skin.  I express this not in a deriding manner. On the contrary.  The ability to restrain oneself while stepping forward, undeterred, takes a remarkable amount of willpower.  Yet, she allowed me to touch her face once, a gentle caress.  There is sadness buried underneath her tempered skin, buried deep underneath what I can perceive only as power that is verging on being unbridled.  I know she has that power.  Many assume you can only perceive via sight.  No, my senses today screamed at she released enchantment after enchantment.  She has access to mystical arts rarely controlled by a novice.  She is a master in her own right.  I only hope her determination does not eventually become her undoing.  With earnest sincerity, I hope she finds the answers that I suspect she is privately searching. 

As a contrast, Locklyn and Laura provide a different example of power.  Success born of cooperation and creativity.  To mention one is to automatically render the other present.  It is hard to even separate their essences.  To my senses, they seem interlocked, sharing goals and dreams.  Honestly, I am a bit jealous.  Who would not want to share such a spiritually and emotional connection with another?  Would they perhaps share dreams, actual dreams, delving in the secrets of one another?  That would be an interesting predicament.  Speaking of connections, I wonder what drives Flute?  Such a beautiful name.  She’s as beautiful to hear as her name.  It’s not the tone of her voice; the feeling of her personality.  Some individuals vibrate, exuding a cheeriness and security of who they are, what they are.  Flute is such a being.  Wonder if it would be too forward for me to gift her a musical instrument in honor her name?  I know she’s not musically inclined, so perhaps a self-playing instrument? Must look into it. 

Vurag.  Unbridled rage? No.  I believe his heart is one of a true knightly persistence.  He has been cursed, being born in an unappreciated frame in a land both ignorant and intolerant.  I can hear the words that come from him, weighed down by rage created from the rejection his attempts at friendship has inadvertently created.  Yet, I feel I can trust him more than most.  His frame may be twisted as some claim, but his heart is not.  Honor, straight and proud, beats within his chest.  He is linked to his ancestors, and they live through him.  May his mind eventually calm down enough for him to see the potential buried within, and may serenity provide him shelter from the hatred of this land.  In retrospect, he and Tete may be the opposing faces on that coin.  Tete, joyous and friendly, loud and brash.  Hearing him makes me laugh, for I know cheer seems to follow him as a puppy a young child.  Perhaps they should meet some day?

Eomirash.  Clarification must be given.  It is not ‘love’ as someone may construe.  It is respect, admiration, hope.  Often, we encounter those who possess the mettle to take on tasks naturally.  Individuals who may navigate the difficulties of life and manage to find the good of each scenario.  He is one of these rare creatures.  Dedicated to the Path, honorable, and perhaps willing to teach others the Way of the Aesthetic.  I see in him the potential of growth, another Leo. Perhaps, Master Thomas.  He posed a question, a dilemma of morality.  In short, would you stop a person who stole from a bank?  The thief planned to give the stolen fare to an orphanage, to feed, cloth and protect the unsheltered.  Follow the laws of the land, or follow the laws of the conscious.  He knew, instinctively, that the ‘answer’ was not in the actual answer to the proposed problem, but in how the solution was found and expressed.  Eomirash has the ability to navigate the wisdom of the Path, picking up the little pebbles of enlightenment that surround us at all moments in life.  It is my sincere hope he does begin to teach such Enlightenment to others.  The Powers know this land needs such insight lest we drown in our own shed blood and tears…

-Semi-Retired-