You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Rada - Dark Night of the Soul  (Read 4192 times)

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
Rada - Dark Night of the Soul
« on: September 10, 2012, 05:12:37 AM »
  The Run

Her shoulder hurt her, her feet hurt her. But she ran, she couldn't stop, not now, not ever. "I cannot hurt them! NO... whatever they did, I cannot do it!". Trips and falls in the murky waters of the swamp. "I must get up! GET UP ADELINE!". Dirty, bloody and tired she struggles up, looking back. Yells can be heard from the forest around her, too close for comfort. "Get her... get that wench!" "This way!" "Search those bushes over there!". She weeps. Her muscles fail one by one, hurting her. She finds hard ground and starts running again. "There she is! Shoot her...". An arrow flies by her ear then other yells can be heard behind her. "You idiot. She's valuable alive...". "I must not hurt them!". These words repeat continuously in her mind, as she finally makes her way out of the swamps. Behind her, more and more men voices yell at each other "Gax was taken by the swamp!", "The feathered wench will pay!".
  Barely breathes holding her hand next to the arrow in her shoulder. It entered from behind and almost reached the other side. She clenches her teeth in pain, looking around and listening. The voices are farther now, but she knew she was far from safe. Looks for the closest tree and slams herself backwards into it. She screams as the arrow finally gets through. Breathing heavily she breaks the feathered side of the arrow, tears of pain flooding her eyes. "I won't hurt them! NO!" she whispers pulling out the arrow slowly, blood gushing out from the wound. Quickly tears a piece from the cloth under her armor and hastily bandages herself. The voices are again close. "Where are those damn dogs?". Not long until barking can be heard, as she darts off towards the densest part of the forest.
  She didn't know how long she was running. Minutes, hours... Everything hurt. They were still behind, dogs barking, men yelling. Adeline trips again on a tree root. She struggles up. "Mist! Lathader be blessed!" she whispers seeing a think mist forming just few feet in front of her. Stands and starts walking towards it. Didn't take long until she is engulfed by it, swirling around her, even choking her. Suddenly, the voices were gone. And then total darkness.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 03:30:56 PM by ManticoreRO »
Elena Vasilovici - "Better die for something than live for naught"

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
Re: Angel Heart
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 04:47:25 PM »
A new life

She kneels in front of Vicar Izabela, her eyes closed, listening to the Vicar's words. Yet her mind is swarmed by all goods and bads that happened in the last weeks. The bandits that chased her were already forgotten, yet this world she found herself in brought with it evil and despair, but also love and innocence. Adeline felt them all, a cascade of feelings that almost broke her.
  As her hand grabbed the light-carrier spear, and her eyes opened with a "Thy lips be cleansed", she looked upon that bundle of innocence named Arwin, that child that she is supposed to protect, for who she would die. Then her gaze stopped upon Warn, her savior, her beloved Warn. In that moment, she knew what she had to do. In that moment, a new life opened up before her, free of the unwanted past.
  And she smiled.

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 05:00:20 PM »
//deleted
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 10:50:38 AM by ManticoreRO »

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 10:53:03 AM »

A Dream of Hope

And He approached me, surrounded by a bright aura, smiling. Yes, He was smiling at me, holding His arms towards
me. He asked me if I am all right. I smiled and nodded, then my hands felt my belly. He then looked there and nodded
aswell: "Your child is now safe, my dear Adeline". His voice... clear and beautiful, angelic. Then suddenly a child
appeared in His arms. I recognized that crying, I recognized the child's face. I looked upon the child in His arms
and I felt tears. I knew I had killed him in cold blood, I knew I was guilty of the crime yet I knew I did it for a
just cause. And He looked upon me, then to the child in His arms and said: "Adeline, he is safe now, with me. You
know very well what a miserable life he would have lived... hated, feared, banished. A caliban he was, thrown away
he was. You saved him, Adeline."
  In that moment, I realized everyone was wrong. He stood there, that man, with kind eyes, dressed in a
morninglordian robe. He opened my eyes, and I finally *knew* I did nothing wrong. I *saved* both children. Mine,
from a terrible fate, that caliban child from a terrible life.
  "Don't be afraid, Adeline." He looked upon the child. "You will save them all, Adeline, won't you?"
  I knew what I had to do. But I needed to ask, so I did: "Who are you, Sir, if I may ask?"
  He smiled and winked: "When you go on your knees every morning and pray, I hear you, Adeline!"
  As I opened my eyes, looking at the wooden ceiling, I realized. I just talked to the Morninglord. And I decided to
do what he asked me to do. I will save them all.

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 02:46:00 AM »

The Unsent Letter

My dear Warn,

I left with tears in my eyes and a burning hope that you will be able to take care of our child. Much has happened since I got back in Vallaki. Our vicar died, I found out troubling news about the child I carry, which in the end I saved, sacrificing alot in the process. That's all... I will return soon, after I fulfill the Morninglord's wishes.

Take care and thy lips be cleansed.

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 01:05:38 AM »

Illusions of Love

Oh I can still feel Him close. I feel the havens close, in His embrace... His love for me and my child. But He told me I need to finish my mission first. He told me I need to have patience, that He will help me. I smiled and promised that I will do what He told me. I am His champion, His love... His wife.

[scribbled in haste at the bottom]
  He also told me to help Janos... I will do as He commands.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 01:16:47 AM by ManticoreRO »

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 11:05:44 AM »

A Dream of Anger

And He embraced me with His light, and I felt warmth. I closed my eyes and cried of happiness... and he talked to me slowly, told me as his lips touched my hair: "My flock is corrupt... they all want power, every one of them. Get amongst them again, my Adeline, get amongst them and enforce my will...". I listened, I felt happiness and a sense of purpose. "... go near Janos too... he can help you. He needs you. But you know what the true purpose is, my love!" He said to me, and His voice soothed my heart. And I woke up, and I went in search of Janos.

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 02:15:26 AM »

Test of Faith

"I need you, Adeline, but you *must* understand that taking your powers will make you stronger... You are my champion, prove it..." He said to me. I sighed but understood. "Will I ever get them back?" I asked after a moment, mostly of curiosity... "You will... do what I asked and you shall have them back." He said. "Also... Adeline...". "Yes?" "I will take care of your child for now..." He said as his hand touched my belly, then sinked in as I felt warmth. "What... what are you doing?" "I will keep him safe, so you don't need to worry".
  I opened my eyes just after I noticed a spark of light He removed from me. I felt something warm... as I looked down, I noticed the blood. My child is safer than ever in His caring hands. And now I need not worry for him to be harmed...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 11:40:27 PM by ManticoreRO »

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 11:16:03 AM »
OOC Note: Adeline has no perception of time (regarding her journal). The events she writes down may or may not happen in the order they are written down. Thanks :)

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 10:42:34 AM »

New Task

"Have you done what I said, my love? Have you returned to be a lightcarrier?" He asked me looking at me with His beautiful eyes. "Yes, I did. Father Ilie took me back... but..". "But... what?" He narrowed his eyes. "I had to confess my sins!". "That's good, Adeline. That's very good. They trust you now, they will trust you more in time. You *must* cut out the bad roots of this church... And Ishanael... find that thing. Then speak with it..." His voice was so soothing, i almost cried. I felt my heart beating so hard that I thought it would burst out. Then He smiled. "Try to find Janos too...".
  I woke up smiling and happy...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 11:40:41 PM by ManticoreRO »

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2012, 07:50:27 AM »

Confessions

I entered the huge hall of the monastery. The dim light was hiding the shadows of the cursed, as their leader charged at me. I used the power given by my beloved Morninglord. I crushed him and released him from his suffering. A fallen paladin, doomed to eternal torment... a fate I would have had if not for the love of a god. A love that came with understanding of the task I was given, a task that was born from His love for me and all living beings that walk this world. As the paladin fell before the Morninglord's might, I heard a voice. It thundered in the huge hall, as light exploded around me, turning all into a bright white... I knew He was there: "Adeline!". I smiled. Then He appeared in front of me, eyes shining, yet His face hidden from me by a hood. He was standing there, looking at me.
  "You have sinned, Adeline!" He said to me slowly. I looked down and sighed as I knew He was always right.
  "I have sinned, my Lord!"
  Suddenly I heard His voice right behind me, felt his breath next to my ear.
  "Tell me!". His voice was grave, commanding.
  "I was... cruel..." I said. Was I crying? I am sure I wasn't... I felt no tears on my cheeks. "... I was angry... stubborn... hasty and stupid..."
  "...and selfish!" He told me with a nod. I nodded aswell and sighed: "And selfish."
  "Do you regret killing that child, Adeline?"
  "I saved him... I saved mine aswell... but yes. I regret it."
  A long moment of silence followed. I could hear only my breath, yet feel His on the back of my neck.
  "Will you do it again?" He suddenly said.
  Would I? Could I do it again? He asked me once to do it...
  "I will if needed, my lord!" I said finally.
  "Good! You are ready... Kneel before me, Adeline!" said as he suddenly appeared in front of me. I went on my knees.
  His voice thundered in the hall, as I lowered my head.
  "Adeline, I forgive you for all your sins. From this moment on, you are the Guardian of Light. You shall carry my banner and lead my armies, as the light will battle the darkness. Rise, Adeline, and become what you were born to be."

I woke up behind the pillar in the outskirts temple. And I felt stronger...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 09:58:14 AM by ManticoreRO »

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 12:55:30 PM »

A Dream of Fire

Hot... it was very hot. I felt I was cooking inside my plate armor. But the Morninglord was testing me. Yes He was... test after test. I care not of His purpose.
  As I walked, I seen a man... I got close, he was talking to other men, which I didn't see. He was probably mad. And naked. Looked like a barbarian to me, with a long beard and grumpy voice. He grinned and walked towards me and called me a whore. I smiled and talked nicely... yet he continued in his madness... in my mind, I called for His help. And the next moment, a massive pillar of fire hit the man, who instantly burst into flames. Between his screams, I heard Anastacia's voice, dim but still intelligible... "Leave, Adeline... you'd better leave!". I left...

As I woke up in the temple, I felt the heat. It was really hot inside...

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 09:15:23 AM »

A Dream of Terror

I was running. Darkness surounded me, total darkness, not a single point of light. I was screaming... I think I was screaming. I'm not sure, I couldn't hear my voice. Was calling for Him maybe? Yes... I was. But million cries of babies covered my voice... and a laughter... an old man's laughter... and a cough. I slipped... I fell... my hands felt bones... so many bones. Small skulls and small human bones... cries of children... my cry for help, as my heart punded in my chest. And above all, the blackness... and the laughter.
  I started crying, begging for Him to show me the way... Then all stopped. The children, the laughter, even my own voice... silence. I could hear only my heart.
  "Adeline!"
  His voice was so soothing... as soon as He spoke, I felt peace. All my fears dissapeared. But I still yelled at Him, looking around in the darkness : "Why do you need me to help the old man? WHY? He's evil, my lord!". I paused, waiting for his answer... His voice thundered in the void: "WHO are you to think you know the difference between good and evil?"
  "I am... just a woman... my lord. A humble... servant."
  "YOU are my champion and my wife... do as I told you."

I woke up... I was crying.

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 11:45:51 PM »

The Holy Warrior

I prevailed... I stood there and fought the Undead High Priests long enough for my companions to escape... long enough for my friends to return. I yelled for my Lord to help me. I did not beg... I asked. He gave me the strength, he gave me the will to do it. And when my friends arrived, I was still fighting. I thank thee, my Lord... I know you watch over your chosen, and your chosen will prevail in her Holy Task, until the time will come when she will join you in Havens and sit next to You. May thy lips be cleansed, my Lord and husband.

OOC Note: if anyone can help me improve the way of showing to you guys her madness, you are welcome to post here or PM me. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, positive or negative.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 11:47:35 PM by ManticoreRO »

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2012, 02:54:05 PM »

Ray of Light

"I woke up. My head hurt, my arms hurt, my chest hurt and my legs and feet. Everything hurt and I begged for forgivness. It was Your punishment for my failure. I accepted it, as it was. I didn't ask for details regarding this failure. It didn't matter, as I remembered everything until I fell..."
  As I spoke, he was looking at me.
  "That is nothing compared to your gravest mistake yet, Adeline..."
  I felt a chill on my spine. I knew what He was talking about. "I... am sorry... my Lord!" I said trying not to look him in His shining eyes. "I needed to tell Shy'Nar... I need him and his trust, my Lord."
  "Adeline... you are not allowed to take decisions on your own... you are not allowed to make mistakes!" He was still talking with His soothing voice. "Shy'Nar is hiding alot... I cannot tell you, since I need you to learn the ways of this world by yourself. Tis the best way. You will do what I tell you, and only that..."
  He paused and I waited silently.
  "Your task is of great importance, my love!" my Morninglord said to me. "Show me your sword..."
  I did as asked, unsheathing my sword.
  He started whispering a prayer, yet I could hear it all around me, as said from thousand voices...

I Shine My light where your foot will tread,
to wake you when your eyes take rest,
light the way for sword and heart
to follow where I think is best --

I will Lend you My strength in times of need;
in darkness, with your heart in chains --
My light still shines across the sea
and you forget your earthly pains.

He paused for a second after finishing the prayer. I was silent, kneeling, leaning my head on the hilt of my sword.
  "Raise your sword, Adeline!"
  I raised my sword slowly.
  "You wield my strength, my will. The Ray of Light you'll call it. This is my will!"

I woke up suddenly. I quickly found my sword and looked at it. And I named it the "Ray of Light"

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
Re: Angel Heart (-Journal of Adeline-)
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 11:45:18 PM »

Reports

"Something is stirring, my Lord. Janos is not to be found, Lucadia was killed, so was some other woman. Anastacia looked frightened... or perhaps desperate... What are your orders, my Lord?"
  He looked at me, smiling. "You wait, Adeline. And when the time comes, you will choose sides... I will tell you exactly what you need to do when that happens."
  "Of course, my Lord!" I nodded slowly.
  "While you wait, look for the hin vampire. He will know about Janos and the others. Find him and do whatever it takes to find out." He told me with a wide smile. "Soon, Adeline, very soon, I will help you with powers. But you must prove yourself first."
  I nodded.
  ...then a blinding light... and I woke up in the drain.

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 11:50:11 PM »

Cornered

"I got your child, Adeline"

These were His words and it's all I can think of. Whatever I do, He knows. Petra had a point. Yet Petra does not speak with a god. She doesn't fear a god, as she should.
  He has my child.... Petra has my future... what do I choose?

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 10:43:49 AM »

Dark Night of the Soul

"What did you do, Adeline? Why do you torture me?" He said almost screaming at me. "Why are you doing this to me? Why?"
  I stood there on my knees, looking down.
  "I am sorry, my Lord! I thought... I tho..."
  "You thought nothing." He growled at me. Then suddenly, he was behind me, as I heard a whispered voice.
  "Do you want my gifts, Adeline?"
  "Y..y..yes, my Lord."
  "Then you will do as I say. For start, you *will* forget everyone you knew... your past is not important any more. You do not know Warn, you won't recognize Arwin as your adopted child, you won't talk to Petra or any of *your* friends... forget Janos, forget Malekkor, Tatiana or Shy'Nar... forget all that happened to you. You will start over... if they ask, if they recognize you, you will deny every little thing. This is what you will do. Do you understand, Adeline?"
  I nodded in fear as I felt his warm breath close to my ear.
  "Gooood... tis good you understand..."

I woke up crying. But I have to obey.

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
Re: Rada - Dark Night of the Soul
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 04:53:10 AM »

Silence of a God

He was staring at me, sitting in His shining throne. I looked upon Him, then lowered my gaze, as I realized what He needed to say but wouldn't. He chose me as His champion, He forgave me for my sins, yet I failed to prove myself, I failed to rise at His expectations. I couldn't look into His eyes any more. I felt guilt for feeling guilty of said past sins. And I felt shame for not believing enough in Him. I turned and left him standing there, and I felt His cold gaze following me.

My name is Rada... paladin of the Morninglord, and I will prove to Him and everyone of my worth.

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 10:16:49 AM »

Mentality

Once I believed that in every heart there is good, and only one single spark of evil, that struggles to prevail. Once I believed that one could help contain that evil spark. I was so wrong. This world thought me much. A rotten world. Lost in darkness... lost in the mist... My Lord, I will try my best to bring the light to this land... whatever the means.

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2012, 07:35:28 AM »

Confusion

I stopped in front of Him. He followed me with His gaze, still silent. I kneeled, looking down. I was afraid to look Him in the eyes. I was afraid of His anger.
  "My Lord!" i said. "I managed to bring them back alive. All of them. We fought the werewolves, they followed me into battle and we prevailed. Yet... the ending was unexpected. That woman seemed dangerous, yet she was friendly. She wants something, something I am afraid I cannot offer.". I paused waiting for a word, a nod, anything from Him. "She wants me to help her destroy the cult. I didn't give her a straight answer, my Lord." I continued shortly as I seen no reaction from Him.
  I finally found the courage to look at Him, yet He looked like a statue. Only the shine of His eyes seemed alive.
  "I will do your bidding then!" I turned and left...

...I woke up in confusion and anger. I still need to work hard for Him to talk to me again.

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2012, 02:13:14 AM »

Love of a God

"TALK TO ME!" I yelled to Him, as He watched me silently from His throne. "I did everything, EVERYTHING, all right! I tried my best... How do you want me to finish Your holy mission when You don't even speak to me..." I cried in anger, my face few inches from His. Even as close as I was, I couldn't see His face; just two bright eyes... Two bright eyes that shown passion... even love. And as I burst into tears, I felt his arms around me. He held me at his chest, like a baby, while I cried on his shoulder. All I felt was... warmth. Then finally, His voice, which I missed terribly.
  "Rada... my dear Rada... You know what you have to do, yes?" said with suave voice.
  "I know... my Lord." I said.

... suddenly, against my will, I felt dragged away from His arms. And I woke up in His temple.

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2012, 04:01:28 AM »

Wrath of a God

"Fhergus... His lack of... respect towards me... ME! The one that granted him healing and ressurection!" He thundered.
  "What is Your holy wish, my Lord?" I asked, keeping my gaze lowered.
  "I will NOT tolerate disrespectful behaviour towards my flock..." He growled at me. "You will find him, and you will teach him a lesson. Use Thorne aswell. He hates that man and will help you."
  "I'm not sure if Th..."
  "YOU DARE question my decisions?" He yelled angered at me.
  "No... my Lord!"
  "Gooood. You know what to do. Do not fail me, Rada.", He continued with kind voice.
  "It will be done, my Lord."

I bowed and left... I woke up and will start looking for the bastard.

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2013, 07:43:17 AM »

Awake

All this time I was so blind, with illusions of greatness. How can I even think the Morninglord would ever ask of me to do all those things. What was wrong with me? I lost everything because of this. My husband, my child, my dignity... even my sanity? I am no longer a paladin, but a shadow of my former self. Now, awaken from my slumber, I am caught in the middle of battles that are and weren't my own. What should I do? Stand and watch or join the fray, choose sides and hope that I choose well?

I never chose well before.

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 04:25:57 AM »

Hope

What is hope?