Author Topic: Angelika Enescu - New Horizens  (Read 7157 times)

Fierna

Angelika Enescu - New Horizens
« on: September 06, 2012, 09:22:16 PM »

Fierna

Re: Angelika Enescu - New Horizens
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 09:47:03 PM »
Twelve Years Ago....

"Grandmama, tell me the story again. Oh va rog tell me!"

Angelika looked up to her grandmother. Her eyes always lighting up when she came to visit from the temple. Sometimes, it was for lessons on the Morninglord, other times just to spend time with family, but it was one particular story that she always clung to word for word when her grandmama was willing to tell it

"Alright my child, alright. Come sit in Gran Cici's lap and I'll tell you my story."

The woman looked healthy to the naked eye, and healthy she was for she always cared for herself as if her own body was the very temple which housed her lord. Yet those who knew her, knew that while she was in good health, she remained blind since the day she had been born into the world. This did not stop her from her accomplishments however, it only pushed her to meet each challenge with determination and heart.

"Now, lets see. I was twice your age plus two years. It was like any other morning at the temple, we woke and washed our hands and faces and dressed in our ceremonial robes. We made our way out to the garden preparing ourselves to greet the dawn. I could nu wait to feel the warmth of the morning light on my face. This day however my child, was very different, do you know why?"  The old woman smiled.

The child bounced a bit, tugging on her grandmothers sleeve.
"Da Gran, but tell me anyways, va rog!"

"aha ha, alright child, alright. I knelt beside my brothers and sisters as I did each morning, and as we spoke our prayers of the dawn it was not the warmth that touched my cheeks first, but the moisture of tears. Tears of joy escaped my eyes as I was blessed with a vision of a sunrise. The colors so vibrant, shades of rose red, pink and gold as the sun peeked over the mountains edges. I remained sightless, but I was blessed by the Morninglord to look upon him without seeing. From that day forth, I vowed to serve him unto my final days with humility and compassion, and bring the hope he had brought to me to the hearts of others."

The child wraps her arms around her grandmother, resting her head against her chest and sighed happily. "I love that part Gran. When I grow up, I'm going to be just like you. You're so brave and strong, and I love you so mult."

The old woman smiled, a tear streaming down her cheek as she held her grandchild closely. Angelika's mother made her way into the room, beckoning them to come eat supper before it got cold. Together they rose, the small childs hand in hers as she leaned down and whispered in her ear...

"I love you my child, as does the Morninglord. Just be you, and I could nu be more proud."

Fierna

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 04:09:18 PM »

Fierna

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 06:47:52 PM »
Ten Years Ago...

"István, we're gonna get in so mult trouble."

"Not if we don't get caught, now shush or we'll be heard"

The young girl whispered to her accomplice as they carried a small crate into the temple bathing area together. She was mischievous at this age, and her best friend only encouraged it. István stuck his head in the door, looking around to find the room empty. Ushering her inside, they set the crate down behind a changing screen, then removed the top to expose the contents. Angelika barely caught a giggle as she picked up one of the many frogs and carried it over to one of the wash basins.

István in the meantime, placed a few box turtles in the porcelain tub near the back of the room. After they set up their little prank, they grabbed the crate and snuck back out hurrying around the corner to a nearby study. There they shut the door and leaned against it waiting with anticipation. The children held hands, giggling softly but patience was imminent in this circumstance. An hour had passed, and the scream echoed through the hall. The two burst into laughter, not having heard the door that connected to the study from the back open, or the footsteps that followed.

As a throat cleared behind them, they suddenly went stone quiet and looked up to see Angelika's grandmother standing over them.

"uh oh"

"Uh oh indeed child. Seems you and István are up to nu bun again hm? What did I tell you about giving the new initiates a fright? They aren't used to your games. Now, what shall I do with you doi hm?"

István did his best to sound convincing, but the result only led to Angelika giggling at him

"Uh, you could give us cake and send us outside to play..?"

"Hm, da I could but that would nu teach you anything would it? It would only encourage you to be the mischievous little children you are. Nu, I think I have a mult better idea. You are going to first return to the bath chamber and clean up your little mess. Then, you doi are going to open morning sermon with a hymn"

"But Gran! You know I can't sing, I sound awful, everyunu will laugh at me"

"The Morninglord will nu laugh at you, and it is attonment for what you put that poor domna through today. Now go on, and get started"

The old woman smiled as they turned to leave. She knew they were just being children, and found the prank quite amusing herself, but there were times and places such antics were to be had and the church grounds were not the place. The two children walked to the bathing chamber hand in hand, then proceeded to cleaning up the frogs and turtles, placing them all back in the crate, and then eventually back out in the garden.

Current Night in the Sanctuary of Eternal Dawn...

Angelika woke with a start. She looked around the dark room of the sleeping quarters, then laid her head back down on the pillow. She was thankful for the lack of lighting, as silent tears slid down her cheeks as she thought about her old friend back home. She enjoyed Gabors company, and in some ways with his jesting tones he reminded her of him, but she knew only too well, her beloved István was gone and she'd never see him again, never laugh as he made silly faces at her when she was being too serious. She sighed softly, closing her eyes once more as she struggled to get what sleep she could despite the bleating horns of the guards.

Fierna

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 12:22:16 PM »

Fierna

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 12:22:32 PM »

Fierna

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 12:37:14 PM »
Today, it was just a letter, but often István was tasked with delivering packages to recipients throughout the city of Krezk. He never asked questions, he never inquired to the contents. He always believed ignorance is bliss, and that it was not his business to delve into the private contents of someone elses property. Today, Angelika kept her friend company. Today, she walked along side István as he worked efficiently as an underpaid courier. It helped put food into his mother and sisters mouth, and a roof over their heads. They had led a hard life the Kovács', but they endured as the Morninglord gave them the hope they needed. After his father was struck down by a wild boar, it was up to him to look after his household.

"István, you really should be inquiring with your employer the contents of what you're delivering. For your own safety."

"Angel, its not my place to ask what's in the packages, nor my business. I trust my employer would not put me in a position that would endanger me, not when I'm the hardest worker in the district."

"That's besides the point, and you know it. Not every barovian is accepting of gundarakites as equals like those in our church. They would turn on you in an instant if they were in a bad position themselves."

"Hey, easy now. Your gran always told me to have faith in others, and to trust in the Morninglord, for he shall shine on our paths and see us through the turmoil. I have faith, and if I start to doubt now then it will only show my faith in him is lacking"

"Bine, I'll let it go.. for now. Just va rog, be careful."

They travelled the rest of the day in silence, aware of the hateful glares as Barovian and Gundarakite walked side by side as if there was no difference between them. Angelika had faith in the morninglord, it was people that she lacked complete faith in. She knew, her path was to light the way in the Morninglords name, but she also knew, that in some hearts the darkness was harder to cast out, and in some the hate, and the bitterness was seeded so deep, it could not be removed. She looked upon her traveling companion, she worried for him but knew no matter how much she cautioned him, he would continue to walk in blind faith, not only in the Morninglord, but in humanity itself.

Fierna

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 10:25:39 PM »

Fierna

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 11:26:00 AM »

Four Years Ago.....

It was a warm summer day, it was also her birthday and she had just turned fourteen. She decided she wanted to spend the day with her big brother at the ranch. It was the only time the two could spend together without bickering, and she loved horseback riding with him. This day however, would not be like the rest, as she made her way into the stables. There, her brother stood brushing down one of the horses with a calm about him.

"Anything I can do to help brother?"

"Da, brush down old Victor, then saddle him up. I'll be riding him today, and you get to exercise the mare here. Oh, and happy birthday"

"Multumesc brother."

They never spoke of the family, they never spoke of her journey in the congregation. Those were the two things they usually avoided when spending time together. He was in every way a true barovian. Hard, xenophobic and hateful towards cults. Like her grandparents, he did not approve of his family in the church of the morninglord, but when they would not change their views, left home to escape a forced fate into it. Today however, would become a rupture of emotions as the young girl brushed the stallion down and saddled him. He was massive in size compared to her small stature, and had a fire in his eyes that showed he had yet to be fully broken.

"Damian, I know you don't like him mult, but you think next time I could bring Istvan? I want to teach him how to ride. I know this is a special time for you and me, which is why I'm asking instead of a Surprise! Meet Istvan brother."

"Angel, when are you going to drop that boy. When are you going to open your eyes and realize he will become just like the rest. Unu of these days, he's going to slaughter our people in their sleep, or maybe you'll be the unu that won't wake up. He's scum, they're all scum and its better you realize that acum before its too late. You're old enough now to decide your own path, come live with us and forget these crazy cult ideals before it ruins your life."

His tone was not angry, but protective with a hint of irritation by his sisters naivety. Angelika however fumed hearing her brothers words

"Nu! You're wrong! Istvan is a bun man, and he will always be that way. He has the kindest, most forgiving heart and unu day I will marry him!"

"What?! Over my dead body will you marry some gundarakite dog!"

Tears filled her eyes, tears of anger and hurt that he would say such hateful words. Thoughtlessly she mounted up on old victor and burst out of the stable, barely hearing her brother call out to her in a panic to come back. The horse was uneasy, sensing the girls emotions and as she sped across the fields with him, he started to jerk his head, trying to yank the reins from her. She wept, gripping the reigns tighter which only amplified the stallions distress causing him to buck. She made a mistake, nudging her boots into the sides of the horse, causing him to rear up she nearly fell off but managed to hold on, until he burst forward again then bucked her forward sending her spiraling over his head. She landed hard on the ground, but the broken rib was the least of her worries as darkness started to take over. Her head had landed on a rock half buried in the dirt, her left shoulder impaled by a sharp fence post that had not yet been fixed from the last time it was broken.

Her brother rode up, he fell to her side shaking her, screaming for her to wake up. There was so much blood pouring from her head wound, he was terrified, she could hear it in his voice, before she heard nothing. Damian tore his shirt away, wrapping her head to prevent further bloodloss, then quickly mounted the mare with her in his arms and rode hard and fast towards their home. He did not even stay, but instead pounded on the door and left her on their doorstep before riding off. That day, was the last time she'd see her big brother, the last time they'd speak.....

~

Current day...A quiet night in the Eternal Dawn santurary

She heard weeping as she wandered down dark halls. There was a feeling of unease within this place she felt so familiar with, as she turned a corner, she found a man, no a spirit on the floor. His spectre was bleeding from the throat, there was fear on his expression. She kneeled, murmuring his last rights over even as he begged her to flee while she still could. She did not waiver though, she spoke softly over him, prayers to the dawn until a bright golden light swept him away. She felt proud, but her pride was quickly fading as fear started to consume her. She opened the door to another room, all around her spirits of children making their way towards her, surrounding her, grabbing at her legs

"Mommy? Mommy is that you?"

"Mommy! I'm scared, Mommy where are you?"

"Dig, dig, dig, Die, die die!"

Her heart was torn, she wanted to free them all from this spiritual torment, but she was also terrified as they grew in number, pulling her down. In a flash, she was being pulled in to a large pool of blood in the center of the room. The lord of the Keep staring down at her as she felt herself sinking into the thick, crimson liquid. She could not scream, she could not pull free of the children pulling her deeper. Vincent Von Zeklos stared intently at her, a dark twisted grin on the spirits face

"Welcome, to your new home child."

Angelika woke with a start in a cold sweat. She looked around in a panic, to find herself in the room she had fallen asleep in. Tears streamed down her cheeks that she quickly brushed aside. Her hand absently went to a spot at the back of her head. Her heart was still racing, but as she looked to her right and saw Gabor sleeping soundly beside her, her emotions started to calm. She asked him to stay with her that night, she didn't want to be alone after her time in the old keep that was cursed with so much darkness and rage. Slowly so as not to wake him, she laid back down resting her head on his shoulder. She struggled to temper her own inner anger, but he helped her in that fight a little bit each day. A deep breath taken, she closed her eyes once more and let herself drift off to sleep again.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 11:50:35 PM by Clan Tzimisce »

Fierna

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 12:01:38 AM »

Fierna

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 12:32:02 AM »
One year ago....

A new day had begun, and the young barovian girl skipped through the streets of Krezk with a smile on her face. She had planned a surprise for her dearest friend Istvan, and in turn hoped to learn how he really felt about her. As she reached the warehouse district, she saw him in the distance stacking some small packages to be delivered. She approached quietly and jumped on his back mussing up his hair

"Gotcha!"

"Iadul! Angel, you scared the life out of me."
He laughed despite the surprise, carefully bending down so she could get back to her feet

"Aw, I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you on our picnic, sound fair? You are still going to join me at the glade this afternoon da?"

"Of course, I wouldn't dream of missing a picnic with an angel as sweet as you."

Angelika beamed with excitement as she so often did. He had stayed by her side every day since her accident, worried she'd not wake up. He read from the prayer book to her each morning, and prayed by her side as the light shone through her bedroom window. The church had allowed her to stay in her grandmothers old room while she recovered, and it did in fact help. She couldn't forget the day she woke up, and found an exhausted Istvan sitting over her, holding her hand with a worried expression on his face. She had been comatose for a week, yet he never left her side, and she felt so much love for him in that moment.

"Good. Now, don't be late otherwise the ants will try and steal our food"

"Well, if the ants feel they need to steal our food, then it is likely they need it more than we do, don't you think?"

"Hrm, I suppose you're right. I'll see you after work then."

She waved to him and made her way back through town to make all the preparations. She had been saving up her own earnings to purchase some fresh bread, a sweet pie and various fruits to enjoy on the warm summer afternoon. She had everything set up, the blanket spread out, the food set down, the sun was rising above her head, indicating midday, and yet Istvan had not arrived. She started to worry, she knew he was never late for anything. Something was wrong and she could feel it. She grabbed her satchel, abandoning the picnic and ran back towards town where she saw a crowd gathered, shouting in outrage. Fear gripped her as she pushed through the masses, to find the guards standing over an unconscious figure, one she recognized all too well. She cried out, trying to push past the guards to reach him, but they struck her across the face and shoved her back

"Shove off cultist! This dog is guilty of rebel contraband, and he will be held accountable for his treasonous acts"

"Nu! He's innocent! You don't know what you're doing!"

She felt an hand grip her arm and drag her away from the mob that was closing in on her as well. It was her mentor, who took her grandmothers place when she passed away. He led her back to the temple, despite her struggles and explained that they had to have faith, that the Morninglord would shine bright even in this bleakest moment. She believed him, and she prayed the rest of that day into the night. As morning approached, she attended morning prayer, then rushed out in hopes to visit Istvan, but they allowed no visitors, and that same afternoon he was being dragged through the streets to the stocks. She tried to push through the crowd to get to him, but she was small, and weak against most the farmers who were built for hard labor. They shoved her back like a rag doll, but one man helped her to her feet. He was in a guards uniform, and lifted her up with what she believed to be a genuine smile.

"Come, I will take you to him"

"Multumesc, I swear to you, he's innocent"

"Of course he is"

He led her to the front of the crowd, then gripped her shoulders tightly to hold her in place. She struggled to go to Istvan, but he held her firmly, still smiling though it was more sinister than when he helped her to her feet. He leaned down, whispering in her ear

"Now, you shall have an unhindered view as you witness justice being served"

"Nu... Nu! ISTVAN!!"

In that moment, as the rope was placed around his neck he looked to the voice calling out his name. Their eyes locked, and he smiled at her. There was no fear in his eyes, no doubt in his expression as he kept his eyes on hers, even as the lever was pulled and his body jerked, his eyes remained on his sweet Angelika until death took him. The guard tossed her to the ground, then walked away cursing about gundarakite loving cultists. She wept, and as her brethren of the faith came to collect him, she felt for the first time doubt in herself, doubt in her faith with her lord.

"I never... got to tell him I loved him.."

"He knew my child, he knew. He is at peace, and having you there as the last sight before our Lord took him home was the best gift he could ask for.."

"Well, I'm glad at least one of us can be at peace, while I am left here to remember what I've lost, what I've had to witness by the hands of my own people."

"Forgiveness Angelika, temperance and tolerance is what we must hold on to. Remember that, lest the darkness finds it's way into your soul, Istvan would not want that."

She felt so much pain, so much anger and hate. It would be a year before her teacher would decide Krezk was not the best place for her to heal, but that year would be the hardest one for her yet..
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 12:37:46 AM by Clan Tzimisce »

Fierna

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 02:54:57 AM »

Fierna

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 11:29:44 PM »

The young barovian girl had lost time. Unaware of how many days had passed since she was deceived and taken into her new place of stay. She cried herself to sleep each night after her captor left, her throat aching from the pressure of the leather strap that held her firmly in place. She was terrified, and her faith waning as she prayed to her lord of morning yet continued to be replied with silence. How long must she suffer, how long would her faith be tested. She had nothing to offer them, she answered the questions asked of her, yet still she was held.

Her captor became less cruel, allowed her to stretch her legs, allowed her to eat, yet she was uncertain what he was playing at, but at the end of it all, she still had to return to the room where the air was thick and stale, and the aroma of blood and piss mixed unpleasantly. She had a chance to escape, he left the doors wide open, but addle-brained as she was, she knew it was a trap, though even if it was not, she gave her word she would not run, and it was repayed with a night out of the chair, out of the leather strap that pressed so harshly against her throat. This night, she would cry herself to sleep, with a haystack for a pillow, and a damp floor for a bed.

"Oh Lord of Morning, Where is your light when I need it most. I have sacrificed so mult for you, I turned my back on my very brother for you, yet when I need you most, there is no answer. Someone help me... va rog.. someone set me free. Where.. where are my brothers and sisters? Do they not even notice my absence, did they ever?"

The young girl wept until her throat was once more dry and aching, and her eyes so heavy she drifted off to a fitful sleep of nightmares and horror.

Fierna

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2012, 09:12:46 PM »

The screams echoed in her head, her own screams as her wrist throbbed from the cut. She lost a lot of blood when her keeper cut deep into her soft flesh, yet she could do nothing. Terror coursed through her as he drank from her, yet in all the cruelty, he still showed humanity, guilt, regret. She had completely lost track of how many days had past now, having only a hay bale to sleep on in her cell. She wept, laying there now with her head on a pillow he had given her, thinking about their conversation. The devil is to blame he said, yet she blamed everyone, gundarakite and barovian alike. Her people executed the one she loved, his people put the noose around his neck and let him die and the count, well he just sat high on his mountain top letting his people slaughter each other.

Never had she thought to find any kindness from the cult she stood against, yet this captor despite his dark soul showed her just that. He freed her from the chair, he continued to feed her and despite feeding on her himself which she abhorred, he gave her back her dress from her things to keep warm and a pillow to rest her head. So many kill for riches and power, yet the simple dress meant the world to her in that moment. She lay there, thinking and toying with the prayer beads he had handed her. They belonged to one of the Morninglordians the cult had slain, it was stained in blood that had turned a ruddy brown now, yet still they held significance. A deep breath, she closed her eyes and tried once more to pray to her lord, longing to feel his light on her face, yet the more she prayed, the angrier she became, gripping the beads tightly.

"Lord of morning, I beg of you answer me. Why do you leave me here in the hands of darkness? Why did you let Istvan die? I have prayed, over and over again and I get nothing but silence. The enemy shows me more mercy! Answer me!"

Another night of crying herself to sleep, another night of silence save for the dripping water from the pump across the room. She was losing hope, and she knew... no one was coming. No one noticed the simple girl was even gone. She would die, and no one would even remember who she was, let alone her name.

Fierna

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 03:18:58 PM »

"Wine is sweeter when it is shared with another"

Angelika lay in the bath, washing away the dirt and grime that had clung to her from her weeks imprisonment. Her mind was wracked with thoughts, with doubts and truths set before her in these recent days. She thought back on the wine she shared with her captor, he had trusted her even though she was the enemy. He exposed who he was, and his true purpose knowing full well she could bring him to fail, but it was that trust that earned her respect and brought her to make the sharing of the wine more enjoyable. He had become a mentor? A friend? He was a connection however to Istvan, and she realized she hadn't let go of him yet, or the anger that was pressed down by her elders for so long.

Her thoughts then shifted as a flash of anger washed over her expression. Everything he said would happen did. Just as what she said they'd do, they did. Her captor asked her once...

"If your siblings had a choice to kill me, or rescue you. Which do you think they'd choose? They'd kill me, because no one becomes a legend as the knight that saved the peasant girl"

"I'm not so naive to think otherwise, but they will simply justify their choice as they had to destroy the monster to save the girl. Thus making them even more the legend."

She rubbed her ribcage absently, wincing out of memory from the pain that was inflicted upon her. He was right, it played out exactly as they said it would. They came for her, as expected. She was the bait, the lure to get them to come, but as Vladis tore her from the cage, and left her on the floor a pile of broken bones, it was not one from her congregation that came to ease her pain. They stood against Vladis, choosing to end him first and foremost. The one woman who came to her aid, an outlander. Indignant that she was not appreciative for their rescue, the outlander had no idea what she was not going through. Everything told to her, everything she thought to be true a lie. The one person she looked up to as an example, the one person she tried to emulate and honor was no more than an agent of deceit, and the worst part was, she was allowing a creature of this monster to come into the world after being forced upon in the first place. Still, through the shock and the pain that could have been forgiven over time, but it was the fact she expected her to lie for her that crossed the line. She was a child of the light, of truth, not a child of deception and misdirection. How can she expect those that seek the Morninglords light trust her, if she is deceiving them. She cant, no more than she can trust those who lied to her.

She groand, submerging briefly in the water, then sitting up once more. She was torn, she was lost and did not know who to believe anymore, or who to look to for guideance. The knight told her he cared, Victoria cared and perhaps they did, but to tell her the Morninglord cared made her skeptical. She was in a empass, a crisis of faith. What kind of god watches their most faithful be mutilated, what kind of god does not even reassure their child that they are there when they are most afraid? If that is how he cared, she was uncertain anymore if she could put such faith in that. He, better than anyone should know who she is, what she could endure. She was in fact a peasant girl, she was a healer, not a hunter, not a warrior that could cut down the monsters that roamed.

She would not stain the oaths she swore, they were not just words to her. She would do good, she would help others, she would be honest and trustworthy to those who put their trust in her. That is the true meaning of serving the light. She had much to reflect on, and wisdom to seek out, but first she would sleep in a warm bed, she needed that as exhaustion was quickly taking her.

Fierna

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 03:32:03 PM »

Fierna

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2012, 02:44:11 PM »
[A scroll is set within the pages of her journal, several lines underlined]

Second Day Service – Message of Truth

Opening Prayer: Reflection Prayer

From death, life. There is always another morning. In the dawn, beauty reigns, and the way is clearer. . .

This morning I deliver unto you a message of wisdom, and the establishment of a new dawn. Leave this day understanding that the truth must always shine in you, and so must  you sustain this light with knowledge.

Know this lay folk, that truth is our Morninglord’s fire. Where there is deception and uncertainty, His divine rays will guide. And where there is kept a shroud of lies, His divine fire will extinguish the shroud in flame. Remember that His light burns within you. You are the guide to truth and his torch to the lost. When others are faced with  adversity, and the darkness seeks to mislead them, you, Lay folk, you must be the beacon of  light that they seek, and as his rays, never waver.

Be firm in your stance, but soft of heart. Use justly the knowledge you find to redeem the downtrodden and rebuke evildoers.

Fierna

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 02:54:57 PM »

Fierna

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2013, 02:47:45 AM »

Fierna

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2013, 04:06:21 AM »

Fierna

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2013, 03:10:00 PM »

Fierna

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2013, 12:47:04 PM »

Fierna

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 07:22:58 PM »

Seven Years Ago...

It was a hard winter that year, and even harder for the young Angelika who had buried her beloved grandmother a week ago. Her parents spent most their time helping around the church, while she spend her time in studies. She felt a firm grip on her shoulder as she sat at her desk, only to look up at her big brother with smiling eyes.

"Oh Damian, you came to see me. I've missed you so. I didn't think you'd be able to travel with the heavy snow."

"Da, I've come. I heard about Grandmama Cici and I've paid my respects, now I come in hopes to convince you to come live with me."

"Damian, you know I can't do that. I've my studies, and then my training after that."

"Nu, there's nothing here for you. I love mama and papa, I always will but this is a facade, all of it. Gods don't exist, especially gods of the sun. All the care and hope given, its not given by a god, it's given by people, by Gran, and you.."

"Damian, you know I can't leave and truly I wish you'd stay."

"You are as stubborn as the horses I break. Angel, my little sister please don't let yourself be pulled into all of this and I'd sooner save you from the pain now that they'll one day cause you when you realize the truth about what kind of people they are."

"I love you brother, so very much but my place is here. I'm sorry if you can't understand that but I hope one day you will."

He sighed heavily, leaning down to embrace the girl. He held her tightly, as if trying to shield her from some dark coming in the night then let her go and bid his farewells. She knew she'd see him in the spring, and that was the favorite time of hers to see him, when the mares gave birth to the foals. It was always the one thing she looked forward to in the spring, that and spending time with her dearest brother.

Fierna

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 07:30:27 PM »
[A journal entry is made, a letter tucked into the pages shortly after as the author waits for dawn to send it]

« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 09:05:42 PM by Clan Tzimisce »

Fierna

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2013, 04:01:20 AM »
[Page torn out, the book firmly closed]
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 08:52:12 PM by Clan Tzimisce »