You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Vallaki and resources  (Read 1204 times)

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
Vallaki and resources
« on: August 29, 2012, 02:16:14 PM »
Hello,

while I do not play a crafter, I have often heard that the resources are one of the reasons why people stay near vallaki. So I thus have a suggestion. Why not make it so that vallaki has the lower level crafting resources, ie ones used for new crafters. But the others are spaced else where, the village, dementlieu, watcher estate and so forth?

what do others think of letting some of the more higher level resources be removed from the vallaki region and placed else where in the server?

sincerely,

-herkles

Mark Johansen

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Vallaki and resources
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 02:28:39 PM »
sounds like an interesting idear but it does promp a few problems.

Woodcutting
carpenting is all based off yew, oak and shadowwood. you could without a problem move the shadowwood to some far off location.
but if you look at oak, it is widely used for making shields and barrels - also you would say that barovia is only a contry of yew.

Smithing
Well basicly iron and tin is moved somewhat into an more inaccessable area - you need to form a group or be a hack and slash to get it without problems.

Herbalism
On this note you should be able to spred the plants out into each realm forcing players to visit each to get some rare herb that only grows in that region.

Tailor
As it is now the tailor is pretty well shattered as far as i know, beeing able to travel to diffrent parts to get the more exclusive skins.

Alchamy
Perhaps make the more stronger things drop in other parts of the realm?

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 07:20:16 PM »
sounds like an interesting idear but it does promp a few problems.

Woodcutting
carpenting is all based off yew, oak and shadowwood. you could without a problem move the shadowwood to some far off location.
but if you look at oak, it is widely used for making shields and barrels - also you would say that barovia is only a contry of yew.
For shadow wood, they could come from some of the forests near the hags place. In addition, the village and dementlieu and hazlan could have more oak and yew trees, though they may not have to be removed just added more to the area near other locals.

Smithing
Well basicly iron and tin is moved somewhat into an more inaccessable area - you need to form a group or be a hack and slash to get it without problems.

They don't need to be in an inaccessable area, but you could have a mine in hazlan or the village for these sort of resources.

Herbalism
On this note you should be able to spred the plants out into each realm forcing players to visit each to get some rare herb that only grows in that region.

agreed, thats part of the idea of this concept. though removing some from around Vallaki and placing them in dementlieu, hazlan and the village areas is what I am thinking of.

Tailor
As it is now the tailor is pretty well shattered as far as i know, beeing able to travel to diffrent parts to get the more exclusive skins.

tailor? you mean leather worker, but if they already have to travel to other locals that is good.

Alchamy
Perhaps make the more stronger things drop in other parts of the realm?

agreed. strong regeants could be dropped in other places, such as hazlan, dementlieu and the village.

LokiHavok

• New to the Mists
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 02:12:25 PM »
This is a pretty good idea. I'd love to see this implemented.
I especially like the idea of spreading out the herbs and making them area specific.
It would make gathering them more exciting and generally would add some flavour.

Brand Terradin - A mere hunstman at first glance. Goes by the name of Crow in the Vallaki underworld
Victor Dalca - A disenfranchised noble turned gypsy thief

Andros Varga - Former Gasca leader turned mercenary in Port-au-Lucine.