Author Topic: Ravenloft review - opinions?  (Read 15675 times)

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
Re: Ravenloft review - opinions?
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2012, 07:40:03 PM »
you name me a server with bug fixes and updates every week 
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2012, 07:45:30 PM »
..Prisoners of the Soren.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2012, 07:46:02 PM »
..Prisoners of the Soren.

:lol:

Malvyr

• New to the Mists
  • Common sense - So rare that it's a super power.
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2012, 08:34:35 PM »
Wow! Topic is blowing up :) I don't really like pointing fingers, but in my previous post I referred to Arelith, as my brothers and I tried to bring our concept to that server, and were met with open hostility, IC, and OOC. We were trying to struggle through the drek, but two of us gave up entirely and decided after months of trying to make it work, the few shining personalities were not worth our stay in the hostile community(if you're wondering what the concept is, it's neutral undead hunters to put it shortly). I saw the high playerbase here, and decided to download the files needed and give it a shot. Pulled the brothers over with a little coercion, and we've been having fun since. Thus my point being made of not finding a single stressful moment OOC(we had them from day one to the end on Arelith). So far, this is the closest experience I've gotten to pen and paper D&D and I think I'm going to stay... For a long time... haha. Also, no I'm not Hecktor, I'm Vicktor, and the youngest is Seigfried. Hecktor's going to waffle between this server and the other, I'm going to play this one solely(when I can, being a new father now), and Seigfried will play inbetween his college course cramming.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 08:36:10 PM by Malvyr »

DM Cataclysm

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2012, 11:56:11 PM »
I've been playing for about 8 months and I think the server is great :D I do have to comment on this clique business since I've seen it pop up here and there – I haven't found this to be an issue at all. There are obviously characters who have developed IC friendships, ect – and are always seen together, but I don't think many players here would refuse to RP or travel with others (unless it's an aspect of their character's personality.)

I have a rather obnoxious Hin (if you've met Pip – you secretly love him!) and he'll totally bust up in the middle of a group and invite himself to things. He's never been turned down by anyone, in either RP or adventuring. I think the only issue with cliques might be people who convince themselves that cliques have taken over the server and kind of create that environment in their own mind.

W00t. Rant over! 

Dobian

• Dark Lord
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2012, 01:08:51 AM »
I consider myself a veteran player after all these years, I see myself  as a pretty bad player, which is not favoured in anyway at all! 

Budly you suck!  Now when are you going to be on when I'm on so we can rp?   ;)

Tabitha Dalenner, Faerun
Sentire Stefania Milea, Borca
Paulette Gérard, Dementlieu
Salina Pandora, Faerun
Louis Mingo, Souraigne

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2012, 04:20:44 AM »
I consider myself a veteran player after all these years, I see myself  as a pretty bad player, which is not favoured in anyway at all! 

Budly you suck!  Now when are you going to be on when I'm on so we can rp?   ;)

K :( Sawwy!

Whenever possible! :) We really need to fix something!

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2012, 10:01:24 AM »
I hope it will be your way of thinking  that youl fix.

Troll out yall
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2012, 02:42:18 PM »
I don't at all consider us perfect and many of the concerns are quite valid - it's after all something we've acknowledged, and if we felt it wasn't important we wouldn't continue to do an effort to improve on it.

On the other hand, that he/she decided to give our server the score of 1 does give away that it's someone with a form of personal beef.

Nonetheless, it is of course a bit disheartening to read  - especially considering it has been there as the top comment for three months. To some of you that feel you have another impression of the server, I can only encourage you to mirror your thoughts there too :)

respawnaholic

• Dark Lord
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2012, 11:11:03 AM »
I don't at all consider us perfect and many of the concerns are quite valid - it's after all something we've acknowledged, and if we felt it wasn't important we wouldn't continue to do an effort to improve on it.

On the other hand, that he/she decided to give our server the score of 1 does give away that it's someone with a form of personal beef.

Nonetheless, it is of course a bit disheartening to read  - especially considering it has been there as the top comment for three months. To some of you that feel you have another impression of the server, I can only encourage you to mirror your thoughts there too :)

Like you said. A score of 1 is someone with a personal beef. Their basically trolling and trying to masquerade it as a query about constructive criticism. The server isnt going to be for everyone.

Allow me to say that most of the times I post in the forums its to provide some snarky comment about something I dont like (the needlessly tedius travel, exhaustion, the low magic DROP environmant leading to "linear warriors - quadratic wizards X10" scenario, etc. You get the idea I whine sometimes....) So maybe I should take some forum time to expres what a work of genuine art I think POTM is. The attention to EVERY detail, the little touches you can easily overlook that help set mood, environment, story are jaw dropping. The RP (or the limited ammont Im able to participate in due to crafting constantly) is top notch....in 10+ years playing NWN I can think of 1 maybe 2 servers where the player base even came close to this level. Most servers Ive been on INVOLVED rp and story goes something like: "LOL I R Damien EPIX...fear me NOOBS for I am it itz 4 DE EVULZ!!" Almost every story or encounter Ive seen here was handled with the utmost respect from the DM staff and the community.

Ellana Twiggy

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2012, 02:49:31 PM »
I'll admit that the server has some minor things, but in general it is very nice. I have played here off and on since oh. . .what i think 2004/ 2005? Something like that.
Still, the role play from some people is quite phenomenal, and some of the dm events are as well.  Have I had chars which have been perma'd, yeah, but then that's how it use to be, not so much any more. And though I don't really like that going away it's how things have progressed.
I certainly don't think the server deserves a 1 in any regard, I'm thinking some where between an 8 and 9, but that's my vote. Maybe I'll try to remember my vault sign on and write my own review  :P
Nothing is ever perfect, and many, many things are still in the works from my understanding, and I am all curiousness about what is going to come next.

I will give some merit to the idea that there may be a group of high levels which enjoy roaming around, and tagging dungeons. But if that's what they want to do then no one is going to stop them, unless its a dm.

Besides, if people look, and mind you exploring can be nerve wracking when you have no idea what could be out there some times, because you worry if you'll survive or get xp for it, there are some amazingly built dungeons and areas which give the server a life which wont be seen any where else, most likely ever.

I would love to get involved in some of the dm events which are going on currently, though a crafter who is always making things is rarely in the loop about oddities which are going on. But who knows, maybe one of my chars will find something unusual in cave with iron ore.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2012, 03:18:06 PM »

Like you said. A score of 1 is someone with a personal beef. Their basically trolling and trying to masquerade it as a query about constructive criticism. The server isnt going to be for everyone.

Allow me to say that most of the times I post in the forums its to provide some snarky comment about something I dont like (the needlessly tedius travel, exhaustion, the low magic DROP environmant leading to "linear warriors - quadratic wizards X10" scenario, etc. You get the idea I whine sometimes....) So maybe I should take some forum time to expres what a work of genuine art I think POTM is. The attention to EVERY detail, the little touches you can easily overlook that help set mood, environment, story are jaw dropping. The RP (or the limited ammont Im able to participate in due to crafting constantly) is top notch....in 10+ years playing NWN I can think of 1 maybe 2 servers where the player base even came close to this level. Most servers Ive been on INVOLVED rp and story goes something like: "LOL I R Damien EPIX...fear me NOOBS for I am it itz 4 DE EVULZ!!" Almost every story or encounter Ive seen here was handled with the utmost respect from the DM staff and the community.

Thanks, that means a lot :cloud9:

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2012, 10:17:42 PM »
I used to play on a Krynnian server... I played there for a long time, became a DM, led the larger factions...
I had love, I had fear, I had respect, it was sweet.
BUT
I'd rather be a nobody here than any amount of Uber god anywhere else.
I feel like I belong, the community is welcoming and tolerant. I've formed connections with people and characters to a depth I never found on any other server. POTM is the crack of the NWN world ;D

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2012, 11:18:25 PM »
I used to play on a Krynnian server... I played there for a long time, became a DM, led the larger factions...
BUT
I feel like I belong, the community is welcoming and tolerant. I've formed connections with people and characters to a depth I never found on any other server. POTM is the crack of the NWN world ;D
you dont belong here, you are a nobody, and  what you mean ppl feared you pffffffffffff   (we need a troll smily)

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2012, 11:30:46 PM »
BUT
you dont belong here, you are a nobody, and  what you mean ppl feared you pffffffffffff   (we need a troll smily)
:allalone:

Ramika

• The Original Mika!
  • Undead Master
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2012, 11:42:36 PM »
Myself, Sakkran, Budly, DunBoocher, and Herkles all came from the same server... and there is a reason for that.

Have I had my problems here? Oh yeah. Plenty. Some fairly severe.

However, after two years away from using NWN at all .. when I got the sudden urge to play again, it was here I came rather than there.

I think we'd all agree that this is a far better experience.

So, I'd agree that the original post is definitely someone who's angry at the server for some reason.

Active "Mains":
On Cellimene: Gabriela Dimir/Camelia Niculescu
On Ramika: Kyla Murray
Alt (On Cellimene): Andala

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2012, 11:46:57 PM »
BUT
:allalone:

TEARS i need TEARS  i feed off them  nom nom nom

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2012, 11:53:57 PM »
 :mrgreen:
That's the trollface. Noob.
And yes, I was feared... Probably because I could delevel people on a whim... heh heh heh...  :twisted:
Not that anyone ever did.

Malvyr

• New to the Mists
  • Common sense - So rare that it's a super power.
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2012, 11:51:24 AM »
in 10+ years playing NWN I can think of 1 maybe 2 servers where the player base even came close to this level. Most servers Ive been on INVOLVED rp and story goes something like: "LOL I R Damien EPIX...fear me NOOBS for I am it itz 4 DE EVULZ!!" Almost every story or encounter Ive seen here was handled with the utmost respect from the DM staff and the community.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

EDIT: In one week I've seen more DM involvement than I ever have. The fact that they act as more than just admins who throw out a reset when latency gets bad is awesome. The DMs here are actual people, not robots! :o
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 11:56:06 AM by Malvyr »

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2012, 08:00:17 PM »
in 10+ years playing NWN I can think of 1 maybe 2 servers where the player base even came close to this level. Most servers Ive been on INVOLVED rp and story goes something like: "LOL I R Damien EPIX...fear me NOOBS for I am it itz 4 DE EVULZ!!" Almost every story or encounter Ive seen here was handled with the utmost respect from the DM staff and the community.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

EDIT: In one week I've seen more DM involvement than I ever have. The fact that they act as more than just admins who throw out a reset when latency gets bad is awesome. The DMs here are actual people, not robots! :o

They are NOT people, they are machines, you put complaints in and get RP out!  :mrgreen:
-Please note correct use of trollface, dutchy, you nublet.-

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2012, 08:37:51 PM »
incorrect use of said face,   only a troll can use and apply the face correctly you are nothing remember  not even a troll.

• Dark Power
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2012, 10:09:14 PM »
Out for a while, who knows how long.... :| :| :|

“In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!â€Â

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2012, 10:43:14 PM »
Out for a while, who knows how long.... :| :| :|

nobody knows how long  but we do know you posted in the wrong topic.

hope nothing serious though, we'l be here as always.

yakkityyak

• New to the Mists
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2012, 02:37:14 AM »
Seems like we've drifted off topic:

I've been here since the start of the year and I love the place. Granted I've had a little bit of a slow start, but now I'm finally starting to find my pace and really enjoy the Roleplay a lot more. I've had some interesting encounters here, and I've had some experiences that made me miss CoA; none of which make me regret coming here, since the good outweighs the bad, and the good is usually pretty bad ( :twisted: ).

What I do love is the immersion, there's nothing quite like it. I can turn my bedroom light off, turn the gamma down a little, hide my interface and what a scene play out and really throw myself into the scene. Could never do that elsewhere, so keep up the good work everyone. It's true what people say, the server is what you bring to it, if we all walked around with a selfish attitude of "How can these plebians entertain me today" instead of "how can I provide these people with a bit of spice and interest?" then you probably should just play else where. The community is comforting, and accomodating for quirks and Roleplay styles.

And there is fear. Alexandrie Rousseau is fear. With spells and a kick ass outfit. Fear that witch ;O

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2012, 02:46:23 AM »
And there is fear. Alexandrie Rousseau is fear. With spells and a kick ass outfit. Fear that witch ;O
]

Oh stop it. [giggles]  >.> :allears: :love: