You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: bizzare crashing.  (Read 1440 times)

urathraviel

• Dark Lord
bizzare crashing.
« on: August 26, 2012, 07:56:22 AM »
been having a REALLY wierd crash today. server will boot me then appear as offline for me despite being perfectly stable for everyone else.

has done this four times now with varying periods of 'server not being online', (the shortest being when i expressed a desire to throw the laptop into a wall, guess it knew heh)

can only assume this is a local issue but have absolutely no idea where to start.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 07:57:58 AM by urathraviel »

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
Re: bizzare crashing.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 08:12:40 AM »
  I had the same problem some time ago and wasn't able to log for several days. Now I don't have it any more and I hope I will never have it actually. It fixed itself somehow.
Elena Vasilovici - "Better die for something than live for naught"

Blacky Rose

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 11:17:33 AM »
Resetting the modem fixed it for me when I experienced that issue.
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.

urathraviel

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 06:35:32 AM »
apparently it cant be the modem because i'm stuck outsider and someone on the same conection isnt.

also the server appears online on the main list but offline on only history and favorites... still wont let me in [sigh]

Blacky Rose

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 11:55:47 AM »
Have you tried logging in while the other user on the same connection is offline and are you using different ports for accessing NWN?

Theoretically the problem could also be in the network card/firewall/antivirus if you've recently upgraded your software and/or hardware.
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.

Ramika

• The Original Mika!
  • Undead Master
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 04:06:06 PM »
Yep. If you've got two people on the same connection, you need to make sure the ports are rigged properly so both of you can play without problem.

Remember my cloning issue? Stuff like that can happen if it isn't. I also had the PoTM won't show up problem when I crashed and got cloned.

That's what I would try - check your router settings and the ports in which each computer is accessing.

Active "Mains":
On Cellimene: Gabriela Dimir/Camelia Niculescu
On Ramika: Kyla Murray
Alt (On Cellimene): Andala