Author Topic: Crashing and Cloning Without the Usual Suspects  (Read 1005 times)

Ramika

• The Original Mika!
  • Undead Master
Crashing and Cloning Without the Usual Suspects
« on: September 03, 2012, 05:54:44 PM »
Okay.
So situation -

I do not dualbox (I use a Delll laptop on Win7 only).
I am the only player in my house. (Once upon a time my husband -did- play, but he has not logged in in over two years and hasn't at all when this started happening.)

For some reason today, I completely crashed out and it left a clone. No biggy, Seraphim killed it. The issue seemed to be solved. Panic reset the server because I was still seeing myself, and that fixed the issue. Seraphim did not. I relogged in because I was told on MSN it should be safe, but I noticed almost right away that I still saw myself (I didn't at the character select) in game... then I ended up crashing again.

I don't know who the second one attached to. The first one attached to a character named Niena Lossehelin.

When I logged in again, it actually registered Niena as an NPC I couldn't talk to on my end and she showed up as -me- in the playerlist.

I realized my ports weren't forwarded. I thought that would work/help ... but somehow... It's like I keep bugging the PoTM server.
I just now went in and changed up my client port as well, just to see if that'll work later ... but I am afraid to try logging in again until this is fixed.

Does -anyone- have any idea what might be going on? This is the second time this has happened in probably a week, give or take.

Edit: After a lot of work on my husband and I's part, we figured out how to stop it through mucho internet searching ... but I still don't understand/none of it could say why it would be doing the crash and clone when I am the only one who plays on the server. All I could gather is there is an error somewhere on our end which was causing router confusion and was affecting my login. We changed pretty much all of both of our mutual settings, despite him not even using NWN and me not playing what he is, and I also changed all my ports, changed my clientloginport, yadda yadda yadda. He even reinstalled NWN and we tried another empty server together to see if it'd cause me/him to crash and nothing happened.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 11:30:43 PM by Ramika »

Active "Mains":
On Cellimene: Gabriela Dimir/Camelia Niculescu
On Ramika: Kyla Murray
Alt (On Cellimene): Andala