You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Again; Diffusion.  (Read 5310 times)

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
Re: Again; Diffusion.
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 06:55:16 PM »
I think I saw this in a post elsewhere but how about making the Vallaki region not yeald XP for lvl 10 and anbove?

I'd agree with something along those lines, but I'd encourage to make faction areas an exception -- the Morninglord slum temple, the Ezrite church and rectory, the Citadel, etc. etc. etc.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2012, 06:58:56 PM »
thats what 50% of the region exluded already then lmao.

no the no xp thing isnt proper or dooable.

people do not want to move they simply will not move, and that is their loss theres allot to see.
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

BalorVale

• Undead Master
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2012, 08:34:50 PM »
I think if they are motivated enough they will, and those IN the faction gain exp, and I think it can be do-able, never underestimate the power of the Developers!

respawnaholic

• Dark Lord
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2012, 06:44:59 AM »
I think if they are motivated enough they will, and those IN the faction gain exp, and I think it can be do-able, never underestimate the power of the Developers!

They ARENT motivated enough....thats why this topic keeps getting ressurected like a vampire in a Hammer Film. Vallaik remains the one place where you have everything you need regardless of what level you are. (including an abundance of PCs to quickly and easily form a party if you so choose. Other places less so.) I dont normally spend much time in Port because the setting has never much appealed to me, but I've spent enough time in places like Barovia to notice that the times I do run across another PC (on a good - busy day maybe one an hour or so) their usually busy running an errand and looking to get back to Vallaki and or the Visanti Camp. This topic will come up again and again (and again, and again) until someone finally bites the bullet and decides to implement some form of fast travel between major hub locations.

harlock

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2012, 07:00:30 AM »
+1 I'd love to have my lvl 3, 18 int rogue, with merchant backround to live in port.

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 10:05:19 AM »
the outskirts is like a brand name, people will go for the brand  even if there is something of better quality around.

unless you erase every faction and all the crafting stations from the vallaki area they will all stay there.

people like the easy road aswell   
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2012, 10:35:14 AM »
the outskirts is like a brand name, people will go for the brand  even if there is something of better quality around.

unless you erase every faction and all the crafting stations from the vallaki area they will all stay there.

people like the easy road aswell   

the troll has spoken, and he is right.
Currently playing:
Rudrig von Rachenthall - the travelling merchant

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2012, 03:33:53 PM »
hear me roar????

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2012, 08:18:36 AM »
The reason I haven't commented on this topic so far is because - as some already noted - something very debated already. In short, it is our aim to have higher levels congregate more around the Mist Camp and non-Barovian areas.

To the extend that it's possible, we prefer doing this mainly by encouragement - but also in a way that makes good sense IC. The Mist Camp is catching pace in terms of activity (and thank you to those who've done an effort to support that) but development wise, we also have several on going projects that are intended to increase the appeal of the high level zones and make them better suited for permanent residence so people don't have to return to Vallaki for certain things.

Ingwulf

• Undead Master
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2012, 11:05:55 AM »
Liking that Sören *thumbs up*

Ingwulf Son of Bulwig
Daft The good soul
Vindur- natures explorer
Joric - Merc with no wishes

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2012, 03:54:43 PM »
The reason I haven't commented on this topic so far is because - as some already noted - something very debated already. In short, it is our aim to have higher levels congregate more around the Mist Camp and non-Barovian areas.

To the extend that it's possible, we prefer doing this mainly by encouragement - but also in a way that makes good sense IC. The Mist Camp is catching pace in terms of activity (and thank you to those who've done an effort to support that) but development wise, we also have several on going projects that are intended to increase the appeal of the high level zones and make them better suited for permanent residence so people don't have to return to Vallaki for certain things.

I think just some small "nudges" like giving anyone above level 10 -20% RP XP in the Outskirts, but +20% RP XP (to all levels) beyond the Tser Bridge and inside Faction bases (places like the Morninglord Slums building, Ezrite church, Citadel, etc. etc.) might make that slight edge.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Silverfox

• Undead Master
  • Goggles
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2012, 06:20:31 PM »
Would need to be heavily publicised, given the fact it never tells you just how much EXP you're getting from any one ingress.
A most troublesome Fox.