Author Topic: Question about CEP Updater  (Read 1316 times)

Sticks

• New to the Mists
Question about CEP Updater
« on: July 26, 2012, 07:35:04 PM »
I downloaded the CEP Updater for Windows and can't seem to get it to work properly. It says I must run it in the Neverwinter Nights directory but it already is in the directory. I've tried putting it in other NWN directories to see if I had it in the wrong place but still comes up with the same problem. I'm running windows 7 if that has anything to do with it. Anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

UPDATE: Nevermind I figured that out.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 08:37:14 PM by Sticks »

MistJumper

• Outlander
  • the weremink!
Re: Question about CEP Updater
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 10:45:46 PM »
the cep updater is no longer used. Do not run it, it will mess up the current version 2.4a.

dark_majico

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 07:22:17 AM »
Yeah I think if you use the updater you will need to re down load CEP.

Sticks

• New to the Mists
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 09:39:05 AM »
Noted! Unfortunately this didn't fix people without heads running around and missing cloth parts in the picture of certain armors AND some things you wear show up metallic. Could that be the CEP messing up too or do I need to download something else?

MistJumper

• Outlander
  • the weremink!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 11:04:54 AM »
The CEP, has maxed out the Armor, Shield, and Robe appearances allowed, (255) some are doubles to be sure, some are bugged, and then on top of that NWN has a few issues to, when the 255 limit is reached. Some times it hangs up when you scroll through them during crafting, and some times, not all the textures load up properly, when you log in. Your CEP is not bugged, just how you see it is. As for the Heads, there are a ton in CEP, and there are others that some people may have added for another Server, in their override folder. If you do not have these in your folder, you will not see them.

If you ran the updater, you will need to re download the CEP2.4a as the updater will break the latest CEP version that PotM uses